Quads / cleanflight / betaflight telemetry - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Quads / cleanflight / betaflight telemetry

Is it possible to get this into Jeti?

And if so, how?

Got a set of quads I'm playing with. (Trying out FPV since I found something to fit my head.)
gunny_jeeves is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I honestly have never seen this asked before. Nearly everyone who flys quads uses frsky or team failsafe.

But I did find this. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=22207 and this https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/pull/168

So I assume it is possible. May want to direct the question to the rcgroups betaflight forum.
Nick_P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

One thing to note is if you get exbus and telemetry you will not have the ability to change PIDs or Tx power/channel. I would have you consider using a Taranis or X7 so that you can fully unlock the telemetry power and have complete control over PIDS, Telemetry, and Tx power/channel.

That said I believe you can change PIDS through betaflight OSD without the need for integration but then you also see the telemetry and would not need it on the jeti tx unless for amusement. I believe Jeti has Rx that support sbus and would be easier to configure and use OSD for telemetry and PID adjustment.

I hate OSDs when flying so I can understand your desire but you lose some very powerful features not being able to fully integrate. I refuse to plug my flight controller in to a computer to make changes and I hate counting blinking lights to change Transmit channel.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think it's a question you would need to ask of the cleanflight developer. They do have mAh telemetry capability in the firmware these days, so Jeti integration for telemetry at least would be great to have.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried for some time to get JetiEX based telemetry to work on Betaflight and KISS with no success. Listen, at the end of the day, for FPV, it's not needed since many of us have gone to OSD telemetry and never looked back.

PID and rate tuning? Through OSD.

Lipo Voltage, mAH used? OSD.

Flight time, artificial horizon, blackboxing, pitmode, alarms, cutoffs? OSD.

What's more is that with SmartAudio and the TBS Unify or the Immersion Tramp VTX, video channel, transmitter wattage, band, all of this is changed through my OSD. Even if the OSD isn't built into the board like on the BetaflightF3, or the OmnibusF4 boards, MinimOSD boards are $7 or so.

Forget telemetry. Just go with OSD.

Watch while muted:

Betaflight 3.1 OSD, PIDs, Smartaudio VTX control (1 min 10 sec)

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2017, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool. Is anyone perhaps familiar with if the Ares Crossfire has an OSD?

I think it might, but have not dug in yet.

OSD would cut it. I could use my momentary switch to turn on/off the OSD for quick checks. Like y'all, I prefer a clear view.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Ares has a flip32 board wich is a naze clone. You will need to get a microminim osd board and install betaflight osd on it. Or some other OSD board like rrosd. Or get a Beta flight F3 board that has OSD built in.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

One other thing, the flip32 does not have a current sensor so unless you add one you will not get mah consumed. It will spit back pack voltage and rssi but thats about it.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah. Made some progress with this quad today...

She is not worthy of this discussion.

Weak frame. To much like plumbing. Me no likey.

It's a good deal for what it is though. I can fly the snot out of it.

Will likely kill it eventually then build my own with the parts. (I can lay em out better and see em better.) it's kinda black box.

Got my eye on a KingKong 90GT. LOL! And Blade Torrent 110.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny_jeeves View Post

Weak frame. To much like plumbing. Me no likey.
Ya, there's a reason why most quality carbon racing frames are in the $60-$90 range. They're really not over priced for what it is, especially when you take into account the design from more reputable companies. Of course, there's cheapo chinese carbon and an endless supply of clones, but a quality frame will last many many crashes at speed with hard objects.

These guys are making some really good frames, check them out if you're thinking about getting more into this thing.

http://pirofliprc.com/5_c_380.html

https://shendrones.myshopify.com/collections/frames

http://www.getfpv.com/multi-rotor-frames/qav-x.html

https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...x&cPath=76_891

http://www.armattanquads.com/armattan-fpv-frames/

Fauropitotto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 02:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the look of the frame the flitetest guys are using, a 4mm base plate is definitely not weak, I've seen a video of them having to haul the quad out of the dirt after it buried itself in a crash.
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 11:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I did manage to get telemetry working with Betaflight.

It's a little tricky since it depends on how the board hardware is configured and what you can do on what UART.

But basically settings-wise you need to connect the Reciever's signal wire to the UART TX pin. You then need to make sure that UART is set to Serial RX in the Ports tab in betaflight. And set the receiver to Serial -> Ex Bus.

You then need to use the CLI command: set serialrx_halfduplex = ON

On the Jeti Receiver you need to use a port that you can set to EX Bus of course.

I needed to use telemetry because I want to use the Connex ProSight system. In this case the OSD doesn't really work for me.

I got this working on a Brain RE1 board running the latest Betaflight firmware. It would only work on UART1.

I have some SP Racing F4 Evo boards that I will try as well.

Jeti DC24 & Mikado V Control
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2017, 11:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For PID tuning I have a pretty cool setup too. I have it set so I use 2 three position switches. The first selects the axis, so Pitch, Roll and Yaw. The other switches between P, I and D terms. Then I have a switch that is 3 position and spring loaded both ways. I tap up to increase the value and down to decrease. Very easy to do.

Jeti DC24 & Mikado V Control
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2018, 12:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_P View Post
One thing to note is if you get exbus and telemetry you will not have the ability to change PIDs or Tx power/channel. I would have you consider using a Taranis or X7 so that you can fully unlock the telemetry power and have complete control over PIDS, Telemetry, and Tx power/channel.

That said I believe you can change PIDS through betaflight OSD without the need for integration but then you also see the telemetry and would not need it on the jeti tx unless for amusement. I believe Jeti has Rx that support sbus and would be easier to configure and use OSD for telemetry and PID adjustment.

I hate OSDs when flying so I can understand your desire but you lose some very powerful features not being able to fully integrate. I refuse to plug my flight controller in to a computer to make changes and I hate counting blinking lights to change Transmit channel.
Excuse my ignorance.. But what are PIDs as you refer to them here?
rcjetpilot_FL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.