Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Five buck saved!!!!

KAAA-CHING

Glad I held out, mainly to keep my info out of their mitts.

Steve
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanR View Post
For starters the AMA should be nothing less than completely ashamed of themselves. That organization and its leaders are/is dated. This was what should have done.

Secondly where and how can we donate to this Mr Taylor. He fought for all
Of our interest. I'd like to send him my AMA money for this year! And maybe every year after that.
Exactly how I feel too. Everyone that jumped on the bandwagon, registered and flamed anyone that didn't agree should feel like a bunch of aces too. Need to find Taylor and send him some money as a thank you. Someone on here must have a line to him?
Martinshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanR View Post
Also I just read the AMA email blast. Those jokers at the AMA didn't even bother to mention Mr Taylor who did their job for them.

I am going to call them on Monday and let them know what a let down they are and that they owe credit to. Mr. Taylor publicly.
I see we think the same lol. I will call on monday...
Martinshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:16 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been saying it's a freaking joke all along. Parking 40' away from cops running a speed trap at the elementary school I fly at all the time and none of them said a single word to me, just waved.

Kinda wanted to get a ticket for it so I could hear how hard the judge would laugh when he heard what I was there for. Just like when I got a ticket from the DNR for using screw in tree steps on state land.

DNR officer told me the fine could be up to $500 per step. Judge and everyone in the courtroom literally laughed their asses off and he gave me a $25 fine and told me not to commit this heinous crime again.

Sure being there for flying a rc heli without a FAA number would have made him piss in his robe.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Section 336 specifically relates to models flown line of sight so what I think is going to happen is that the FAA will decide that line of sight models are exempt from registration and FPV models will still require the operator to be registered. This will allow them to keep their database and money and still require registration for the type of models that are actually causing problems. The FAA wanted to just wrap the whole hobby up in one net because that required the least effort but this ruling is going to force them to make a distinction between FPV aircraft and autonomous drones that are capable of flying BVLOS and traditional model aircraft as they should have from the beginning.

Ot course they might just go batsh*it and say all model aircraft are now real aircraft subject to all of the applicable rules in an attempt to just destroy the hobby so they don't have to worry about it anymore.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:42 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Section 336 specifically relates to models flown line of sight so what I think is going to happen is that the FAA will decide that line of sight models are exempt from registration and FPV models will still require the operator to be registered. This will allow them to keep their database and money and still require registration for the type of models that are actually causing problems. The FAA wanted to just wrap the whole hobby up in one net because that required the least effort but this ruling is going to force them to make a distinction between FPV aircraft and autonomous drones that are capable of flying BVLOS and traditional model aircraft as they should have from the beginning.

Ot course they might just go batsh*it and say all model aircraft are now real aircraft subject to all of the applicable rules in an attempt to just destroy the hobby so they don't have to worry about it anymore.
Sounds like you're almost hoping this will happen you mention it so much.
seefest is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
Sounds like you're almost hoping this will happen you mention it so much.
I wouldn't mind registration still being required for autonomous drones and FPV. If the FAA goes that route it means they've "officially" decided to leave us alone and just go after the people actually causing problems. Better that then they decide to "fight to the last" on the issue of registration.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:51 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Very Good / Accurate : Not about $$ / It's Public Safety " BIGGER "

Quote :: >>
Atomic Skull Section 336 specifically relates to models flown line of sight so what I think is going to happen is that the FAA will decide that line of sight models are exempt from registration and FPV models will still require the operator to be registered. This will allow them to keep their database and money and still require registration for the type of models that are actually causing problems. The FAA wanted to just wrap the whole hobby up in one net because that required the least effort but this ruling is going to force them to make a distinction between FPV aircraft and autonomous drones that are capable of flying BVLOS and traditional model aircraft as they should have from the beginning.

Having a GRASP on what is taking place is Bigger - Assume the F.C.C. is Very highly involved : just not in the Public Realm .

They can create a condition - you can't even go OUTLAW >> No Problem
GREYEAGLE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:52 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was registration such a big deal? Paying 5 bucks every three years and registrering online and id'ing the models might have been a bit of a pain in the a**. Still, if registration is shot down, something worse could end up in its place. I sincerely hope Atomic is correct and the FAA will make a distinction between LOS and FPV and leave us alone. But what if they don't do that?
Gustavo Sganzerla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 07:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Sganzerla View Post
Was registration such a big deal? Paying 5 bucks every three years and registrering online and id'ing the models might have been a bit of a pain in the a**. Still, if registration is shot down, something worse could end up in its place. I sincerely hope Atomic is correct and the FAA will make a distinction between LOS and FPV and leave us alone. But what if they don't do that?
These guys are too busy patting themselves on the back to think that far ahead... They just thrive on the drama of complaining about things.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:59 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if the EU will carry on with their planned version of registrations and draconian laws that they plan to impose on hobby rc aircraft?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
denis747 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 08:23 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Sganzerla View Post
Yes it was. Gave local government idiots the idea of banning rc aircraft over a certain weight in public areas or banning them altogether.

Although it was morons with camera wielding multis that put rc flight in the spotlight in a bad way. That's what started the media frenzy that led to bans and restrictions.

Before there was only one park I knew of that rc flight was banned and that's because a nitro plank started a fire in the mountains filled with dry brush and pines there.

Everywhere else was fair game except for obvious places you shouldn't fly at and you were using common sense to be safe. Now there are whole towns/counties that don't allow rc flight in public areas.

Funny that a lot of heli companies jumped on the multi train. If there has been a decline in rc flight enthusiasts they are the reason why. So their new cash cow turned into a cash killer.

I hate going to AMA sanctioned airfields. If I couldn't fly in public areas I would be finding a new hobby that's for damn sure.

Do have permission to fly at a couple churches with large fields on their property. Although idk if that's enough of a loophole since it's private and public property all rolled into one

Anyway it's a stupid waste of time and resources. Hell and plank pilots have been responsibly enjoying this hobby for decades and do not need babysitting.

Just bust the idiots doing stupid crap and leave the rest of us alone. Criminals don't use guns registered to them, they use stolen ones or don't register. Anyone planning on doing shady stuff with their rc isn't going to register either. Just like gun laws the rc registry only effects the law abiding.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Time to peel all my info off my Heli's... oh wait never put it on them to start with.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 09:54 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

deleted.

Last edited by Mike680; 05-19-2017 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Misinterpreted a post. LOL
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 10:19 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned User

kavic5150 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 11:13 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me I never registered and I kept on flying as usual so no changes here. Great part is I finally just happened to get a chance to do a couple hours of flying this evening. Great way to celebrate this.

Last edited by Desmond; 05-19-2017 at 11:35 PM..
Desmond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 12:25 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis747 View Post
I wonder if the EU will carry on with their planned version of registrations and draconian laws that they plan to impose on hobby rc aircraft?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Glad you guys over in the states got some breathing room.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FAA Registration Regulation struck down

i can still fly at my club field after this change?

and still not a good idea to fly over hi-ways and soccer fields with kids and dogs?
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
i can still fly at my club field after this change?

and still not a good idea to fly over hi-ways and soccer fields with kids and dogs?
Only if you are registered with the AMA.....huh?

yes , don't do that unless you are flying a drone....than, anything goes....so I hear
PTFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone's club ever check if people registered or put their ID on their Heli's/planes?
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in