Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2017, 09:45 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZorzella View Post
Georgi, this makes me wonder that if/when Art decide to shutdown "Mother Earth" aka his authentication server, then one might not be able to reapply a firmware update after a complete reset. If that's the case, then some of us may end up with an impractical situation.

Carlos
Carlos hi, once fully updated there should be no reason to reset the unit, so I wouldn't concern myself with that too much,,,

Also, I feel SK wouldn't burn their bridges to the RC market, they have to keep a foot in the door.

Best, georgi.

georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

All of my 540's are 4 digit number's also.. weird...
Altered is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
It seems like an early unit me, it really needs to be sent in, I will let my good friend Carlos fill you in as what to expect,,,,
Did you mean Art instead of Carlos ??
PetyaHawk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 10:35 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetyaHawk View Post
Did you mean Art instead of Carlos ??
No I meant Carlos, he will explain what Airton (another Brazilian pilot) is still going through! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 05-30-2017, 11:54 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I received a return from Skookum support, they asked me to return the unit for repair

I want to register my thanks to everyone who tried to help, there is apparently not to be done, there is some wrong in the FBL .

There's a 99% chance I get brazilian 60% import tax at return as if the product were new , so I'm going to try to take advantage of the fact that I'm going to screw myself and try to make an update for the SK720.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good Luck and Fly Safe.
Altered is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #47 (permalink)

Brazil hi, I spoke with Art on your issue before you posted back to us in here, He said he was working with you but obviously feels the same as me and to return it.

Sometimes we need to be cautious when buying RC gear, because we don't know it's history and seldom know the (street) owners of said gear.

Good to talk with you and I hope it all works out in the end, Best, georgi.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgi UK View Post
I will let my good friend Carlos fill you in as what to expect,,,,
Georgi, I'm already having conversation with Eduardo through the phone; he lives pretty close to where I live and I've already offered my help to do the recovery procedures, but after watching the video he posted earlier today, I'm afraid there is not much we can do from our side, other than repeat the same procedures, perhaps using a different computer/operating system.

Carlos
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 04:04 PM   #49 (permalink)

Carlos hey! that isn't quite what I meant!

But while you are here, best bet is an XP system, delete any logs on the chip, and turn logging to OFF if it's enabled, and pray to that mountain!!

cheers, G.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, XP is the best bet? Things are even sadder than I thought if this is the case. XP isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore for three years and is a hackers paradise. You can be compromised within minutes using that OS. Anyone still running it on anything is playing roulette.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:05 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Wow, XP is the best bet? Things are even sadder than I thought if this is the case. XP isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore for three years and is a hackers paradise. You can be compromised within minutes using that OS. Anyone still running it on anything is playing roulette.
Tony hi, and yes, we recently saw our health service attack because of XP use, but I'm only talking here of a 540 recovery which doesn't need to be on-line to get the gyro serial.

Old 09-28-2017, 07:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I sent my unit for repair and had confirmation that it was received.

Since then (25 days ago) I have no further response from Evan.

Does anyone have a phone that I can try to contact ??

Sent 3 emails since that and get no answare .

Thank you .
Old 09-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetyaHawk View Post
I sent my unit for repair and had confirmation that it was received.

Since then (25 days ago) I have no further response from Evan.

Does anyone have a phone that I can try to contact ??

Sent 3 emails since that and get no answare .

Thank you .
Don't panic bro. This is fairly typical, and much the same as the rest of us have experienced over the years, including myself. They rarely respond to emails. But, on some given day, without any notice, you will receive a Skookum in a brown padded envelope in the mail. OR, they will contact you with a very rare repair fee. Had that happen once with a pre release gps1 module I had to send in.. Most of us have had Skookum simply replace our stuff for nothing asked. They may be silent, but when they do something, they usually do it right.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:57 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks !
Old 10-07-2017, 08:18 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remain the same, no response to my emails, no news about my unit .....
Old 10-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I remain the same, no response to my emails, no news about my unit .....
My unit arrived before September 4, according to confirmation from the canada post office, and from there I had no response to the various emails sent and no news.
I begin to think I was deceived
Old 10-14-2017, 09:57 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had similar experience with both Yge, Castle,and Kontronic on some fairly high end equipment. The worse being the Koz. That took almost 9 months before seeing it back again. Yep, 9 friggin months. Yge doesn't tell you much either, I have one (Yge160Hv gen 4) in right now and it's been over a month since they received it. No word, just totally silent. I have learned to be patient. And, I also have more than one of everything,, so I am never down long. I keep spares of most stuff, just in case.

Typical time for Skookum can be around 8 weeks or so. Once I had one 720 in for about 3 months before seeing it show up with no fore notice in my mail box.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:51 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
I have had similar experience with both Yge, Castle,and Kontronic on some fairly high end equipment. The worse being the Koz. That took almost 9 months before seeing it back again. Yep, 9 friggin months. Yge doesn't tell you much either, I have one (Yge160Hv gen 4) in right now and it's been over a month since they received it. No word, just totally silent. I have learned to be patient. And, I also have more than one of everything,, so I am never down long. I keep spares of most stuff, just in case.

Typical time for Skookum can be around 8 weeks or so. Once I had one 720 in for about 3 months before seeing it show up with no fore notice in my mail box.
Randy,

When I think about great service, it's about how you take every interaction you gave with the customer and use that as a way to improve their perception of your organization.

The ways in which a company communicates and deals with existing customers is what will define its own future. In times of Internet and easy communication access, either by means of emailing or posting in specialized forums, there is no excuse for a company who respects their customers, take 8 months to reply an email or give feedback about a defective product sent in to be "professionally" serviced.

IMHO, companies who doesn't care to communicate well with their customers have no place in future. Even small companies in China "try" to communicate using limited English skills, and they are succeeding in sites like Alibaba, Goodluckbuy and even on eBay; why not an American, Canadian or German company like Castle, Skookum, Kontronic or YGE can't communicate well?

This is my $0.02.

Carlos
CZorzella is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2017, 08:15 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with everything Carlos wrote. You can not leave the customer in the dark, without a satisfaction, without replying to an email, this is terrible service
Philip Kotler says that a satisfied customer will share this information with NO MORE THAN 8 people.
A dissatisfied customer will share this dissatisfaction with AT LEAST 18 people.
At this moment I am not satisfied with the service received.
A simple email response saying ... your unit is going to take a month, two months, whatever ... it would be better than nothing
Old 10-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

All of what you guys posted is true. No argument from me. And no real excuse for poor customer service. I hate it just as much as the next guy. And it is everywhere. Just ordered a very large EDF Jet a while back from a U.S. vendor. They took my cash, printed a ship label, and then, nothing. No answers to my emails nor phone calls. This is why I only use Paypal. I at least get my $$$ back if this goes nowhere. Getting stuff repaired lately is truly frustrating. The Skookum forum is years long now with guys panicking, my only goal is to say you will eventually get your stuff back. But any customer information regarding it all is a large black hole.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.