Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2017, 06:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Firmware & Windows, Android, iOS apps 3.1.001

As usual Software and Firmware update will be automatic and system will prompt user to update once powered unit is connected to a Windows PC with internet connection active.
But for those with Brain that no longer use the Windows application so frequently (because the controller is fine as it was set up), let's know who was interested in the release of the following cumulative updates (the second and last includes the first) this week:

- 3.1.000 (firmware 3.1.000) 05 June 2017
• Added management of the new "HoTT + telemetry" protocol and the relative connection schemas
• Added Graupner "Telemetry"
• Added Graupner "Integration"
• Ex Bus telemetry: further revised many parameters names that now are more obvious on TX (to update names, is needed a new "SENSORS AUTO DISCOVER")
• Ex Bus telemetry: It is not possible reduce the servos frequency below 92Hz: Fixed
• Ex Bus integration: released new version of "brain.bin" file and PDF readme instructions (downloadable from MSHELI website)
- New faster autorotation bailout ramp from the governor engage (50%) point to the target RPM (pay attention if you have high "Bailout Ramp" value!)
- Governor: improved the overspeed control with nitro's
- New Boot Loader 1.7 From this release on, is possible put the unit in Boot Loader mode shorting the TX & RX of SYS also with longer cables and also shorting CH4 & CH5 at power up (mainly for Brain2 units with Bluetooth and without the SYS connector)
- Saved in the Brain memory some new model information's (Model type, Main Blades type, Tail Blades types, Cyclic Servos type, Tail Servo type, Motor type, ESC type, Battery type, etc.) to simplify/automate/speed up the setup of the unit
- Choosing from the first page of Wizard, one of the listed Tail Servos and/or one of the listed Cyclic Servos, if the unit is in factory reset, the values in the Wizard panel 2 "Servo Setup" are set to the specified values
- Choosing from the first page of Wizard, one of the listed Models, if the unit is in factory reset, the values of the Wizard "Swashplate Type selection" and "Blades Size Selection" are set to the specified values for that model.
- Separated Servos chart for cyclic and for tail in the panel 2 "Servo Setup" of the wizard
- Now doing a double click on the row of the servo in the Servos chart, the servo chart displayed values are automatically set in to the Brain
- Added in the Servos Charts Align DS530 & DS535 standard version and "M" version and MKS DS1220, DS1230, DS1240
• Now Factory Defaulted unit record/log by default ten flight parameters at the maximum sampling rate
• In the Log reversed the polarity of the "Swash Aileron" signal so, now correspond to the polarity of the "Transmitter setup" panel
• Added a check to avoid using the same radio channel for different Calibration Channels (Dials)
• Revised variables names: RxRoll->RxAileron & SwashRoll->SwashAileron
- If radio channel assigned to "Tail gain", is disactivated with the checkbox "Is set in software", the same channel also if it is present but "greyed out" can be used for other functions
- In Advanced->Setup the active Setup is now highlighted
- Added the new "README_for_HOTT_telemetry_and_integration_for _BRA IN.pdf" in the MANUALS page
- Updated version of "README_for_ESC_datas_log_and_telemetry.pdf" (ESC telemetry work also with Futaba T-FHSS used by T10J & T6K-V2)
- Updated version of "README_for_Jeti_integration_for_BRAIN.pdf" (use of menu key for incremental value, added graphic page for vibrations)
- Also Tail servos signal is now turned off before a firmware update to avoid displacement at the start of the firmware update that sometime happen (for update from this firmware on)
- Improved/increased/completed the Blades Size range displayed inside the icons of panel 10 "Blade Size Selection" of the wizard
- In Basic->Servo Setup: added the new kind of dotted border around the icons if the relative default values are changed from the user
- In Basic->Blades Size Selection: added the new kind of dotted border around the icons if the relative default values are changed from the user
- In Basic->Flight Style Setup: added the new kind of dotted border around the icons if the relative default values are changed from the user
- Advanced->Common->Governor, added calculators for main gear and for tail gear calculation (as in Wizard)
- Wizard panel 12 Governor, added sliders for the change of Speed1, Speed2 & Speed3 (as in Advanced)
- Improvements to French and Russian instructions
- Revised and updated English instructions
- Revised and updated Italian instructions
- Improvements/optimization/compression/reduction/speed up of the code

- 3.1.001 (firmware 3.1.001) 07 June 2017
- Only on Brain1 and only using S.Bus sometime some radio frames are lost causing very short breaks in the controls: Fixed
- Added KST servos in the list of page 1 of the wizard and in Servo Charts of page 2
- Added in Tail blades list, Cyclone brand
- Added in ESC list, Graupner Brand
- Added in models list Goblin 650
- Revised the Blade size icon "515-640"Ě to "515-650"
- Auto Level checkbox activation on channel assigned to Aux now set the Auto level Gain value
- Improved some HoTT schematics
- Updated version of "README_for_HOTT_telemetry_and_integration_for _BRA IN.pdf" in the MANUALS page
- Updated version of "README_for_Jeti_integration_for_BRAIN.pdf" (use of menu key for incremental value, added graphic page for vibrations)
- Improvements to the French instructions

Android app is already released from Google.
iOS app is in review from Apple, and we hope Apple release today, tomorrow or Monday (as usually Apple is more slow than Google).

For some images about Graupner integration, you can see inside the instructions:
http://update.mshbrain.com/software/..._for_BRAIN.pdf
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent work MSH-TEAM. Congratulations !
Old 06-10-2017, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Iím beta testing iOS 11 and the current Brain app version crashes. Does this new version have changes to support iOS 11?
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great work Msh Team, many thanks 👍👏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mkucuksari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will the app ever have the ability to view logs and/ or live vibe analysis?
2slow2g is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 11:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the Graupner update portion. Thank you very much. Your doing great and thanks for the free updates. If it wasn't for the updates we wouldn't have rescue and intergration. I know how to avoid the update if I don't want it. Kill Wifi first. Pretty simple. I appreciate the hard work done for the updates. 😀
jazsop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 11:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Other images of Graupner integration can be seen in this post:

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=17
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

iOS app is released from Apple and is now out.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome!!! Thank you!!!!!!
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2017, 03:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default small mistakes about size of presets

You made mistakes about the size of Align 450\470 and Gaui 450, their blades are 325mm, 360mm or 380mm, your presets of them are 420-510. Besides, Gaui's heli should be named by X3\4\5\7....
woosy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

So bootloader 1.7 will automatically update ?
Old 06-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default New Firmware & Windows, Android, iOS apps 3.1.001

The 1.7 bootloader is part of the install and is required from now on. The 1.6 bootloader couldnít handle the current size of the firmware.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

i can't believe you guys are still pumping out updates and new features... for free!!

so happy i bought Brains
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a vague idea of what a boot loader is but for my own as well as others edification can someone provide us a plain ENGLISH please description of it and it's function for the non techies in the room?
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
i can't believe you guys are still pumping out updates and new features... for free!!

so happy i bought Brains
I feel the same. Whenever there is a new update I'm always happy to see what's new, and even if it is something that I'm not (yet) interested in (like Jeti integration) it is cool to see what is possible.

I listened to Alex on the Heli Hooligans podcast and I really liked when he said that they are super busy implementing many of his ideas and have a great feature roadmap. I'm very excited to see what those things are. I'm sure I will love many of them.

Having said that, there are are always (minor) things that can be improved. So far I have the impression that MSH does an excellent job in considering suggestions mentioned here in the forum and some make it eventually into a release. Really cool.

Definitely a happy user here...

Old 06-13-2017, 11:07 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Graham View Post
I have a vague idea of what a boot loader is but for my own as well as others edification can someone provide us a plain ENGLISH please description of it and it's function for the non techies in the room?
There is a backup image in case the primary image is corrupt. Very early in the boot code, the CPU looks for the ch4/5 pins being shorted or the middle sysio pins. If so, it boots the back up image. This allows the unit to be flashed again and recovered.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If it really for the none techies (and I'm cutting corners Offcourse) modern computers need to bootload a shit ton of stuff but it complicates matters fast. There are different level and ways of doing it.

but Wikipedia can still help but you just need to know when to stop:
Keep this in mind to make the analogy from a computer (bootloader) to the fbl
If you see the firmware of the brain like the OS and the configuration as data.
below it should explain what the bootloader does, it prepares the fbl to actually run the firmware.

From the link below I would try limit to this:

When a computer is turned off, its software*—*including operating systems, application code, and data*—*remains stored on non-volatile memory. When the computer is powered on, it typically does not have an operating system or its loader in random-access memory (RAM). The computer first executes a relatively small program stored in read-only memory (ROM) along with a small amount of needed data, to access the nonvolatile device or devices from which the operating system programs and data can be loaded into RAM.

The small program that starts this sequence is known as a bootstrap loader, bootstrap or boot loader. This small program's only job is to load other data and programs which are then executed from RAM.

If you want to continue :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Booting#BOOT-LOADER

To add to the paragraphs I want to add a short statement(cutting corners again)
The bootloader is also used to update the firmware of the fbl. They don't start the firmware but overwrite it with a new version.

Above post od OTS is really what I wanted to add, read that instead

Ps: damn this topic caused a flashback to tannenbaums 'books

Last edited by zomaar; 06-13-2017 at 12:39 PM..
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK thanks

So basically functions to recover a unit that might appear to have gotten bricked somehow.

Great episode on the Hooligans BTW OTS aka "The Dentist"
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2017, 06:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Location: Perth, Western Australia (the most isolated capital city on earth!)

Quote:
OK thanks

So basically functions to recover a unit that might appear to have gotten bricked somehow.

Great episode on the Hooligans BTW OTS aka "The Dentist"
NO, it basically functions to load the next program in the sequence; eventually loading the real Brain control program. Since it is the primary program, it's normally not changed in an update. It happens that MSH has made one of its functions to check for a command (by shorting out specific pins) to load a backup (hopefully, uncorrupted) version of the REAL Brain control program.

So its basic function is just to load the Brain control program, and it does that every time you power up the unit. However, it has the ancillary function that it can load the backup copy if required.

If I haven't got that right, someone please correct me.

HTH,
Paolo
XLPower 700, ALIGN 550L (beater), PrŰtos MAX V2 Leggero 700 & Evoluzione 800 (RCHN #803 - joined just before they shut up shop!)
PaoloFCantoni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in