Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Helicopter Safety

Helicopter Safety R/C Helicopter Safety

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 11:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap'n Krunch View Post
seems ok to me he is just hovering
This train of thought is really perplexing to me. He's not hovering micros or even 450's. He's hovering 800's.......literally a stone's throw from people's houses, back yards, kids, property, power lines, cars, trees, himself, etc.

You really see no situation, or possible outcome, where this could go horribly wrong? Either you've never had a mechanical failure, dumb thumb, or been around someone who has......or you just don't really have the foresight or critical thinking to realize the dangers this person is presenting to himself, people or property potentially around him, or to our hobby if something does go really wrong and he makes the news. Not to mention, the guy is about one bag of funions away from cardiac arrest - he's the last guy that should be out there weezing his way through a maiden hover of a machine that size on his patio.

..........."just hovering".

I could be "just driving my car while intoxicated but only going 35mph" or "just letting my nephew handle my loaded gun at a party" and that line of thinking isn't too much of a stretch in terms of how quickly things can go wrong and entirely out of your control. Why take the risk? Why endanger others? And most importantly, seeing as he's not some noob (he's built a LOT of machines), why is he knowingly endangering the hobby, me, you, and everyone else in it?

I'll say again, if he was hovering is 450 back there I still don't like it but wouldn't look twice. Even his 500 - a stretch but i'd be willing to move along. But he is having actual mechanical failures in his backyard and downing 700's within what looks like a very cramped neighborhood. How many hovers has he done back there? 100, 200, 300? Statistically speaking, everyone is going to have a bad one from time to time whether its your fault or not - just a matter of time. He could have that moment in an open field where putting down an 800 wouldn't be a big deal. Or he can have it in his backyard with his 800 popping a ball link and rolling into his neighbor's yard blades first onto his kid. Its just not smart and shows a total lack of operational awareness or forward thinking IMO.

I'm just waiting for him to post the video where someone finally walks in frame and blatantly asks him "what in the holy f*ck are you doing?!!"

Want some proof of how quickly things go wrong doing this kind of stuff in a neighborhood? Here's just one example.........total lunacy.

Trex 550 Stretch Crash (1 min 44 sec)

Last edited by DCflyer; 09-06-2017 at 11:21 PM..
DCflyer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2017, 11:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another example I found. This guy's channel also has tons of videos of him doing tests and maidens on the main street in front of his house along with busy public parks, etc. There's no shortage of these online as should be no surprise.

Here's one of him doing a 3D "maden" flight on a 550 as cars are driving by and people around. Obviously he is a proficient pilot and pretty solid on the sticks. However, pretty much about as stupid as someone could possibly be. Literally mind shattering stupidity.

So what's the verdict here? "what's the big deal he's just piroflipping......"

LOGO 550 MADEN SIMPLE THE BEST VS II (8 min 2 sec)
Desmond likes this.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:41 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reminds me this
TRex 500 in the Front Yard - Jason Krause (6 min 48 sec)
by Jason Krause
Old 09-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCflyer View Post
This train of thought is really perplexing to me. He's not hovering micros or even 450's. He's hovering 800's.......literally a stone's throw from people's houses, back yards, kids, property, power lines, cars, trees, himself, etc.

You really see no situation, or possible outcome, where this could go horribly wrong? Either you've never had a mechanical failure, dumb thumb, or been around someone who has......or you just don't really have the foresight or critical thinking to realize the dangers this person is presenting to himself, people or property potentially around him, or to our hobby if something does go really wrong and he makes the news. Not to mention, the guy is about one bag of funions away from cardiac arrest - he's the last guy that should be out there weezing his way through a maiden hover of a machine that size on his patio.

..........."just hovering".

I could be "just driving my car while intoxicated but only going 35mph" or "just letting my nephew handle my loaded gun at a party" and that line of thinking isn't too much of a stretch in terms of how quickly things can go wrong and entirely out of your control. Why take the risk? Why endanger others? And most importantly, seeing as he's not some noob (he's built a LOT of machines), why is he knowingly endangering the hobby, me, you, and everyone else in it?

I'll say again, if he was hovering is 450 back there I still don't like it but wouldn't look twice. Even his 500 - a stretch but i'd be willing to move along. But he is having actual mechanical failures in his backyard and downing 700's within what looks like a very cramped neighborhood. How many hovers has he done back there? 100, 200, 300? Statistically speaking, everyone is going to have a bad one from time to time whether its your fault or not - just a matter of time. He could have that moment in an open field where putting down an 800 wouldn't be a big deal. Or he can have it in his backyard with his 800 popping a ball link and rolling into his neighbor's yard blades first onto his kid. Its just not smart and shows a total lack of operational awareness or forward thinking IMO.

I'm just waiting for him to post the video where someone finally walks in frame and blatantly asks him "what in the holy f*ck are you doing?!!"

Want some proof of how quickly things go wrong doing this kind of stuff in a neighborhood? Here's just one example.........total lunacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugxdUSFWRZ4
Most of us are very aware of possibilities of things going aria the video above shows he clearly lost orientation in my opinion
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Most of us are very aware of possibilities of things going aria the video above shows he clearly lost orientation in my opinion
That's not the point.............at all.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Another example I found. This guy's channel also has tons of videos of him doing tests and maidens on the main street in front of his house along with busy public parks, etc. There's no shortage of these online as should be no surprise.

Here's one of him doing a 3D "maden" flight on a 550 as cars are driving by and people around. Obviously he is a proficient pilot and pretty solid on the sticks. However, pretty much about as stupid as someone could possibly be. Literally mind shattering stupidity.

So what's the verdict here? "what's the big deal he's just piroflipping......"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-9jHjKtNak
lol that's just Paul he's been flying for years everywhere that's pretty funny 😂
Old 09-07-2017, 09:09 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yah I agree more then a hover in residential is not good but just a question have you ever stood next to a hard smack pilot on the flight line lol talk about dangerous most of the time I'm behind the one tree at our field when this is going on
Old 09-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yah I agree more then a hover in residential is not good but just a question have you ever stood next to a hard smack pilot on the flight line lol talk about dangerous most of the time I'm behind the one tree at our field when this is going on

Yes. Countless times. But you are creating a false equivalency between two very different circumstances. One involves assumed risk in a controlled (and relatively safe) environment. The other one is basically "hold my beer".

I honestly cannot believe people need this explained to them. This is not a difficult concept. Its just common sense.

Quote:
lol that's just Paul he's been flying for years everywhere that's pretty funny ��
Cool. In that case i'm not a fan of Paul.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes. Countless times. But you are creating a false equivalency between two very different circumstances. One involves assumed risk in a controlled (and relatively safe) environment. The other one is basically "hold my beer".

I honestly cannot believe people need this explained to them. This is not a difficult concept. Its just common sense.

Cool. In that case i'm not a fan of Paul.
This thread started as one guy that was hovering in his back yard and has went somewhere else My opinion stands it didn't seem that unsafe from the video you posted originally and believe me all for safety

Last edited by Kap'n Krunch; 09-07-2017 at 10:57 PM..
Old 09-07-2017, 10:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 3 videos i watched.wow thanks for wasting my time lol... he never got above the fence really if anything happened like it did in the one it most likely never leave the yard. hope if it started going up or toward a house he would hit throttle hold. He might not have a better place to test fly i used to always test hover my helicopters in the yard and i fly in my parents yard. sure we have always lived on a few acres but even if i was in a neighborhood i most likely still would.
Your just as likely to have someone drive into your house drunk or be in a car wreck then to have your neighbor crash a heli into your house

I used to know a guy with a ton of planes, he liked to build but only flew couple times then sell and build more might be the only hobby the guy has. Flying big helis close to yourself scare the crap out of me but look how the pros flys 90MPH right in front of there faces at AMA events

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2017, 11:04 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This thread started as one guy that was hovering in his back yard and has went somewhere else My opinion stands it didn't seem that unsafe from the video you posted originally and believe me all for safety
Where else has it gone? I believe you were the gentleman bringing up the dangers of standing next to pilots at fun flies, which was never the point of this thread or a topic of discussion here.

The main topic of this thread is still very much the center point. The original guy was just used to illustrate it.

Lets try to stay on topic.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:13 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
The 3 videos i watched.wow thanks for wasting my time lol... he never got above the fence really if anything happened like it did in the one it most likely never leave the yard. hope if it started going up or toward a house he would hit throttle hold. He might not have a better place to test fly i used to always test hover my helicopters in the yard and i fly in my parents yard. sure we have always lived on a few acres but even if i was in a neighborhood i most likely still would.
Your just as likely to have someone drive into your house drunk or be in a car wreck then to have your neighbor crash a heli into your house

I used to know a guy with a ton of planes, he liked to build but only flew couple times then sell and build more might be the only hobby the guy has. Flying big helis close to yourself scare the crap out of me but look how the pros flys 90MPH right in front of there faces at AMA events

I agree with some of your points and disagree with others. I don't want to reply with a long winded response but I will say this. I own big helicopters. I live in North VA. There isn't a whole lot of places nearby here where I can just step out and fly either. But as someone who feels responsible for the safety of those around me, if I want to fly them i'll load them up and drive 30min to my field where i'm not subjecting people to a danger i'm inflicting upon them by virtue of my own blissful ignorance. Its no different than gun ownership and why I take my gear out to a range or friend's property rather than setting up targets in my neighborhood and shooting at them from my 2nd story window.

If people honestly believe that hovering dozens of 7-800's in such a confined space so closely surrounded by neighbors and obstacles is perfectly ok then I really don't have much else to add. We can agree to disagree.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Saw this on FB, my Hero!

Old 09-08-2017, 11:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

no offense but he couldn't move out of way quick enough if he wanted to.:
KellyVB likes this.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:17 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Won't be long until that guy bleeds to death from that stunt.

RCHN Listener Chat (Discord) - https://discord.gg/6SvCccC
corywrx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2017, 07:08 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool I want to see the video !!
banshee rider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2017, 01:51 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't see a vid but there was a blurred censored pic. I didn't wish to view or post it.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:25 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
I didn't see a vid but there was a blurred censored pic. I didn't wish to view or post it.
I understand what your saying
I was hoping he got or gets what he deserves anybody so stupid to do that
needs to be taken out of the gene pool or at least neutered !
banshee rider is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corywrx View Post
Won't be long until that guy bleeds to death from that stunt.
Clearly hes not a AMA member... It states you must never touch your aircraft while its flying....bad bad breaking the rules... Aint no way im grabbing a heli or quad like that... I already missing half my finger (from a infection not being stupid)
corywrx likes this.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2017, 12:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

His over confidence will bite him badly one day.
crasher47 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.