Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Futaba Radios

2.4G Futaba Radios Futaba 2.4G Radio Help and support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2017, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to set different TH % to 3 position switch on 14SG?

I'm trying to program my three position TH switch (switch SG) so that the first "on" position (first click up from normal) sets the throttle to 30%, and the second position (second click up), sets it to 0. I want to do this to use the autorotation bailout feature of my Kosmik ESC. I.e., pull the switch once to start the auto, then pull to the third position when on the ground to protect against fast spoolup. I can't seem to do this via the TH menu. Any suggestions?
hpaulmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2017, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Set Throttle Hold to switch SG with a switch setting of OFF/ON/OFF.
Set Throttle Kill to switch SG with a switch setting of OFF/OFF/ON.

Set your hold and kill positions to a percentage that get the desired results from your Kosmik.

Myself I use SG for TH Hold and SB for TH Kill. This way two switches protect from accidental spoolup.
Old 07-01-2017, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, I had a chance today to program my 14 SG per your instructions and it works. I also decided that your using another switch to separately engage the Throttle Cut is a good idea because putting the cut on the third position of the TH (SG Switch) raises the risk that I might, when initiating the Auto Bailout, accidentally pull the SG switch to the third position and cut the throttle completely- meaning that if I try to Bailout, I'm back to a slow start. So I set the TH to Off, On, On; and I'm using the SA as the Kill with a setting of Off, Off, On.
hpaulmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2017, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I programmed it differently because getting the switch in the middle position is a little difficult.

I have assigned another switch and when that's engaged thr hold will be 30% in stead of 0. Much easier to manage and perfectly safe with the kosmik since the bailout doesn't keep the motor spinning like some external govs (cheat auto's)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn U FEEL PRIME met Tapatalk
velocity90 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.