first to update nitro with new bailout? some issues.. - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > 3Digi FBL System

3Digi FBL System 3Digi Supoort

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default first to update nitro with new bailout? some issues..

hey all. I'm writing in to let you know about the update for auto level, i tried it on my black nitro 700 today and ran into one issue with it, hopefully regarding vibes or something..

i installed and programmed it to the radio like normal. assigned it to my transmitter without issues. plugged in went for a flight. went high enough up and into a simple nose in inverted hover. hit the switch and the help did exactly what i should have! which was great!!

i did it a couple more times in the same flight, both of them the same position as above. one shot me sideways to the left on about a 45* angle, and the other one sent me to the right at the same angle as going left. it did not completely flip over and head into "hover" again. it simply went off angle until i caught it back.

could it be vibes? it might be. maybe i set up different? i don't think so.. maybe dirk can chime in with the issue. i just wanted to let others know about the slight issue i came across. thanks guys!
Lynx/Oxy heli Factory Pilot, KST servos Team, Team Rotorquest. Team Aeropanda, Team 3DIGI Manager
Goblin Black Nitro 700, Goblin 700 KSE, Goblin 570, Goblin 700 Black Nitro, OXY 2,3,4 ----- 3Digi, Scorpion, Pulse, Jeti ds16
hpiblitz144 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2017, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The instructions warn against this behavior on high vibration prone models like nitro's.

I've seen this same behavior on Brain1 and Brain2. Good auto level performance on a nitro is a crap shoot. You may play around with different mounting tapes and Milton mod techniques to try to get it working but I wouldn't waste the time.

I too maidened the new firmware and tested auto level on my Synergy E5s. I was quite pleased by the consistency across the board from ff flight upright and inverted.
Team Only Fine Helis
Flown on Jeti DS-16, Brain2, RCHN #222
MKS Servos, Scorpion Tribunus, Synergy 766, e7se, e5s, N5cTT, & 516
Dmaxison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2017, 01:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, as Dmaxison wrote, nitros are a little bit difficult concering vibs.
Maybe try a different tape and see if it helps.

Please attach a flightlog of such a flight here. It could be interesting to have a look into it.
Best regards

DirkS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.