Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T. rex 450 Pro DFC 3s what Servos do you use?

Hello,
I am using in my T. rex 450 pro dfc in the ciclic the servos Ds415m and one off the servos is broken today and there no shop in Europe Whitt this servos. I'm Tinking in change the 3 servos. What servos are using?
Thanks
lmpf14991 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2017, 01:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

https://www.banggood.com/KST-DS215MG...nHYaAvsK8P8HAQ
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

KST 215MG
465 (6s), Align DFC, HW50AV3, KST315 & 8910A+, SK720BE
lcc014 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

KST's 215 posted above are great. The Daviga branded ones are great too and a few bucks cheaper:

https://www.banggood.com/KST-DAVIGA-...1893200201507N
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

was using hitec 65mg anologue servos. they were fine.

stripped 2 and swaspped them out for the turnigy 213C servos (designed for 250 helis). they work great can defiantly notice the extra torque. . They are over kill for a 250 size heli.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 07:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I was flying the Trex 450 Pro (pre-DFC), I used JR 285MG's (if you can get the 287MG's they are a bit faster).

The JR 285 and 287MG's are very precise and very tough-I crashed hard, twice (once on the head) and did not strip the gears or break the cases on the servos.

The speed specs for the JR's are not as fast as some of the others, but they are incredibly reliable and very precise.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Over the years, my 450 Pro cost me at least one servo per crash, until I up graded to the DCF head, then in cost be at least 2 servo's each crash . I stayed with Align, up grade servos until I could no longer get them or there gears from LHS's. Then I tried MKS's, they suffered even more in a crash. I now use SAVOX all round, 3 crashes all simlar to the others, so far no gears or servos needed , much better than the Align ones in performance, very simlar to the MKS, just so far more crash worthy. Hopefully they will be around for a few more years, being just servo manufactures.
In the mean time my box of damaged, non repairable 450 servos will remain with only 32 in it
rex09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not DFC; I use a 3G head.

EMAX all the way 'round. ES08MDII on cyclic and ES9258 on the tail.

Two plus years and about four crashes doing flips, stall turns, and sport flying and only knocked a servo arm out of place.

No tic-tocs or anything aggressive like that but they handle mild aerobatics just fine.
shizack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are there any other servo horn options for the kst 215mg servos? I e always liked the aging horns. Yesterday in a test flight I had a tip over and broke one of the stock kst horns, are they made to break always? I guess itís better to break away and save your servo. I know the spline is the same as hitec hs65ís
hairymuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T. rex 450 Pro DFC 3s what Servos do you use?

A lot of people use these. They will break in a crash but they will save your gears.

http://www.anythingheli.com/gear-pro...hitec-kst-rjx/
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

A question for you guys running the kst ds215mg servos on the pro..did you have any problem with fitting the? Is there any problem with the servo "tab" being short for the mounting screw?

Blade CX2 (x2) 120SR, CP Pro2,230S Huey, 400 3D (X2), 450 3D (x2), T-Rex 450 sport, T-Rex 450Pro DFC, T-Rex Scale 450 size x4 , T-Rex 470LM ,T-Rex 500 ESP, T-Rex 600N, Fireball.
icehunter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2017, 12:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex09 View Post
Over the years, my 450 Pro cost me at least one servo per crash, until I up graded to the DCF head, then in cost be at least 2 servo's each crash . I stayed with Align, up grade servos until I could no longer get them or there gears from LHS's. Then I tried MKS's, they suffered even more in a crash. I now use SAVOX all round, 3 crashes all simlar to the others, so far no gears or servos needed , much better than the Align ones in performance, very simlar to the MKS, just so far more crash worthy. Hopefully they will be around for a few more years, being just servo manufactures.
In the mean time my box of damaged, non repairable 450 servos will remain with only 32 in it
UPDATE
Since using the Savox cyclic, it has had 2 more good crashes, all have survived with out any issues, better than any others, finaly in the last crash the tail servo was killed (RIP Align servo) being an old 450, it was hard to find a mini size servo, all the later 450 are HV and micro, but Savox had one, and in a LHS, a little on the $$ side, but it works, so now all Savox
rex09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.