Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 12:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like TT. I do hope they plan to offer a belt option a little later. Even if I still bought their products in this size range, a TT would stop me cold.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2017, 12:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Mine was a bit rusty from the box...so I replaced the entire tail setup with Lynx...

Then found a Lynx stretch kit - Lynx 6S motor - Talon 35 and bought another complete Lynx tail for the next rebuild to give it 270CFX-like power
I love my Gucci 450X but, honestly, I'm scared to crash it since all of the Lynx parts pretty much dried up for it when Horizon discontinued the 450X. I'd love to get a spare Lynx frame, but you can't find them anywhere and there's no way I'm going back to the wet noodle of a stock plastic frame. The difference in feel and handling was like night and day. I figure I'll just get an OXY4 (if it ever gets released) when I finally kill off my 450X. It will be old school 450 size that will run 325mm blades on 3S just like the 450X and I'll already have an awesome set of donor components for it.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why didn't they just keep the 360CFX? - a better heli all round, even if they put this new-fangled FBL unit on it (if it works).

The world has moved on from the old 450X days (as good as it was in its time).

There's plenty of space for a good BNF heli in the market, if it is competitive from a spec point of view, for those not ready to move into kits. I really don't think this is it though.

It strikes me as callous to flog outdated designs and technology to people who don't have the experience to know different.

It needs to be seriously cheap to attract many sales.

I have no axe to grind as I moved on from Blade stuff years ago (I still have a 450X and a 360CFX gathering dust in the loft) and wouldn't consider buying another one. It's the inexperienced newbies I feel sorry for.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this is an awesome idea. You guys are looking at it through the eyes of seasoned pilots with expensive helis in your hangars. Blade's only way to survive is to cater to beginning pilots. Pilots who want affordable helis and easy to get parts. AR636, who cares, they can barely hover and you guys think they need expensive FBL?

Catering to the forum haters is exactly what got blade into the predicament they are in. The 270 and 360 are perfect examples of what beginners don't want or need. This is perfect one for their target market.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 01:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the fact that they are catering to the beginners. As I said before, no one else is putting in so much effort that could revive the entire heli market. As long as they keep making awesome stuff like the 180, 270 and 360, I will be extra happy.

Kits might be nice, but helis are a small niche and people who want to build their own heli is a niche in that niche. Though, I loved the idea mentioned earlier of offering kits that walk you through the process as a learning exercise.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
I think this is an awesome idea. You guys are looking at it through the eyes of seasoned pilots with expensive helis in your hangars. Blade's only way to survive is to cater to beginning pilots. Pilots who want affordable helis and easy to get parts. AR636, who cares, they can barely hover and you guys think they need expensive FBL?

Catering to the forum haters is exactly what got blade into the predicament they are in. The 270 and 360 are perfect examples of what beginners don't want or need. This is perfect one for their target market.
I agree. I think that is what I was saying earlier. I don't think Blade makes things for me anymore, although I did try out the 130S (bad mistake). This would be a great heli for someone that want to move up from a 230 and not have the size of the 360 or the power of the 270.

If they would offer in a bare frame and it had space for normal kit size ESC/FBLs, even I would think of it as a possible, but I don't want their FBL and servos and don't want to go down the road of modifying the crap out of one of their helis. I took a bare 360 and put what I wanted for ESC/servos/FBL and it wasn't such a bad setup. Flew very well. The most unreliable part of their setups IS the electronics.

Old 07-20-2017, 02:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
I love the fact that they are catering to the beginners. As I said before, no one else is putting in so much effort that could revive the entire heli market. As long as they keep making awesome stuff like the 180, 270 and 360, I will be extra happy.

Kits might be nice, but helis are a small niche and people who want to build their own heli is a niche in that niche. Though, I loved the idea mentioned earlier of offering kits that walk you through the process as a learning exercise.
As far as I can see from their web site, this heli doesn't have their SAFE system so I don't think they are catering for beginners. They even say they are aiming this at intermediate pilots.

I really don't think they are putting in any effort to revive the market as you suggest. There is no innovation here, nothing to make it easier for newbies to get into heli's and nothing to satisfy the intermediate pilots they are apparently aiming at.

Most manufacturers are putting the effort in to come up with new stuff (some more successfully than others) to drive the market forwards. Horizon are not. It's just a cynical attempt to flog more sub-standard and aged junk to people who don't have the experience to know good from bad.

Why take something that is outdated and push it back onto the market when, if they had spent any development cash at all, they could have developed the 230S concept further or perhaps the 360CFX if they wanted to sell into the intermediate BNF market.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 02:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashalotjoe View Post
Why take something that is outdated and push it back onto the market when, if they had spent any development cash at all, they could have developed the 230S concept further or perhaps the 360CFX if they wanted to sell into the intermediate BNF market.
It's simply risk adverse laziness. They fall back on regurgitating the old stuff because it's easy and cheap for them with virtually no R&D requirements even though the consumer hardly ever sees any cost break because of that. And, God forbid they actually put something truly cool and exciting out like SAB just did with the Goblin Fireball 280 class heli or Lynx with their OXY helis. Yes, those are meant to be higher performance but they can easily have a beginner setup with bailout and everything else just like any other CP heli. Blade hasn't put out a single thing totally new or revolutionary regarding helis since, maybe, the 230S and that was years ago back in 2015.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
It's simply risk adverse laziness. They fall back on regurgitating the old stuff because it's easy and cheap for them with virtually no R&D requirements even though the consumer hardly ever sees any cost break because of that. And, God forbid they actually put something truly cool and exciting out like SAB just did with the Goblin Fireball 280 class heli or Lynx with their OXY helis. Yes, those are meant to be higher performance but they can easily have a beginner setup with bailout and everything else just like any other CP heli. Blade hasn't put out a single thing totally new or revolutionary regarding helis since, maybe, the 230S and that was years ago back in 2015.
What is the advantage in a newbie having a cutting edge heli like a Fireball? So they can crash it faster? I think they are going to prefer parts being at the hobby shop than the latest do-dad.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 03:04 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
What is the advantage in a newbie having a cutting edge heli like a Fireball? So they can crash it faster? I think they are going to prefer parts being at the hobby shop than the latest do-dad.
Guess you missed where I said it can be set up for a beginner. They'll also have something to grow with them. However, is it a good beginner heli? No, it isn't and I never said it was. So, is Blade TRULY just a beginner heli company now? If so, then they should dump the 360CFX instead of turning it into an even more complicated and expensive to crash TRIO. Is that a beginner heli? Absolutely not and neither is the 270CFX, the 180CFX which is also now a more complicated and expensive to crash three blade heli, etc. Point being is Blade most certainly does not only cater to beginners, at least at this point in time. They could release some more hard core stuff, but they won't.

Blade parts being at the hobby shop has never, ever been a concern of mine when they're a couple of days away by mail from any number of vendors. It's not even worth the drive to the hobby store with time, gas, paying sales tax, etc.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Funny how some guys, most of them new in the hobby (not that Ive been doing this for ages...), seems to be programmed to think that you need to start with a micro, just funny... Yeah is better with a micro or quad ( ), blah, blah, but not every new guy want to start with a tiny little heli. Lots of guys have started with bigger machines and do good...

Blade is covering any route a new pilot wants to take, plain and simple.
jorgeurizar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 04:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just add them to your ignore list:

User CP >> Edit Ignore List

It's a wonderful thing

I got three of 'em in there right now ... and there's room for a whole bunch more
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 04:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Doesn't matter how you look at this, (without going through it part by part though), they are continuing using up all their old spares, and when gone they will do the same with the next lot of spares. (most of their Heli's of late are full of other heli bits), I think Blade will be out of Heli's in the near future.

Having said that, still the best value for money by far...and great for getting new blood into the hobby.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Have 450X head parts become difficult to get? I haven't checked in a while. It's a very easy conversion. All of the parts for the two airframes (450 3D and 450X V1) are exactly the same from the swash, including the swash, down. Just add a 450X rotor head, FBL blades and a decent FBL unit and you're in business. Oh, you might need the 450X mainshaft. Can't remember if those were the same.
I believe a lot of the 450 parts were still available to buy, but I had stopped flying for awhile, and now that I am again, I can't get most of the 130X parts. Luckily that doesn't break as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Looks like TT. I do hope they plan to offer a belt option a little later. Even if I still bought their products in this size range, a TT would stop me cold.
It's a belt. Same as the old 450 and 450x were.
kuzican is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 06:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

The critic's can think what ever they want. I think the 330 is a good thing, more parts will be produced that will work for the older models. Cost effective for the manufacturer to stay in business in this tough time for RC helicopters.
It's a good next step up for the 230s flyer.

Saying Blade products are for newbie's and they don't know any better and should try a kit....Horse crap. I have built a X-Cell gasser and the Blade 550x in the past. Yes I enjoy the build.,.actually more than flying to tell you the truth.
Flying an expensive model/toy stresses me out knowing at any moment it could be taking a soil sample at any moment.
I sold my 550x (and I loved the way it flew) but found I enjoyed the 270cfx much more. Love the size, power and control.
I am a average flyer that will probably never reach the full capabilities of today's 3D capable helicopters. It also comes down to how much you want to spend. Blade makes quick grab and go heli's that doesn't break the bank.
If someone is a hard core stick banger and puts hundreds flights in a season then maybe go dump 6,7,8,9 hundred dollars or more in a bird of your choice. Just remember after a couple of years its just the same old helicopter and you will want something new.

Just go and fly and enjoy the physics of flight the RC helicopter gives. That is what keeps interested and always has. Have Fun !!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:01 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't expect for the ones that seem to be stuck in the BNF world to understand what it means in terms of precision and control to fly your avg kit. Notice I said avg, not by any means top dollar. You take the avg Blade heli, the 180cfx (2-blade) for example, go through all the stuff you want to add to "make it better" and you end up $100-150 off of that kit you thought was too expensive. And not many people keep a Blade heli stock...it just doesn't happen, although if you notice not many companies bringing out much aftermarket stuff on a lot of the new models...not even the 270.

They are beginner helis, I don't care which model you're talking about. If that is offensive to anyone, sorry. For once you finally step out of that world and fly an Oxy, SAB, Protos, etc...you will feel the difference just holding it in your hands and see the difference in the way they are built. If you want more proof that the 330 is the same, just look at the plastic frame.

It doesn't mean that you yourself are a beginner, but their models have an obvious target. I definitely think they could achieve more, but the recent models haven't shown anything above - beginner. And that is not all bad. They brought me into the hobby and do more to bring in new people than any other brand, IMO. Embrace it. If you find you like flying their helis, have at it.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't expect for the ones that seem to be stuck in the BNF world to understand what it means in terms of precision and control to fly your avg kit. Notice I said avg, not by any means top dollar. You take the avg Blade heli, the 180cfx (2-blade) for example, go through all the stuff you want to add to "make it better" and you end up $100-150 off of that kit you thought was too expensive. And not many people keep a Blade heli stock...it just doesn't happen, although if you notice not many companies bringing out much aftermarket stuff on a lot of the new models...not even the 270.

They are beginner helis, I don't care which model you're talking about. If that is offensive to anyone, sorry. For once you finally step out of that world and fly an Oxy, SAB, Protos, etc...you will feel the difference just holding it in your hands and see the difference in the way they are built. If you want more proof that the 330 is the same, just look at the plastic frame.

It doesn't mean that you yourself are a beginner, but their models have an obvious target. I definitely think they could achieve more, but the recent models haven't shown anything above - beginner. And that is not all bad. They brought me into the hobby and do more to bring in new people than any other brand, IMO. Embrace it. If you find you like flying their helis, have at it.
First of all, The 270 and 360 really need nothing in terms upgrades.(hence no demand -no market)They are closest to the Pro Series in terms of quality and probably the best made bind and fly heli's that blade has made to date.
As for the 330 I have no desire to get one... the 270 and 360 are more for my liking with their design and quality.
But for someone in the learning curve the 330 may fit the bill.

Your missing the point YES !! Oxy,Sab,Mikado, Proto's are great well built birds Never said they weren't. All with their own set of different quirks or draw backs.
For now I like my $330.00 270cfx and it fly's fabulous.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I am a bit amused as it is almost exactly what I asked for in the "what do you want" thread..... ALMOST.

It does not have safe or rescue.

Are you kidding me? Seriously, ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?
You make an intermediate learner heli that has no current technology?

No interest in this at all, in fact I have bought an IKON2 FBL specifically because it has the safe and rescue features and have been experimenting with one of my 450x's.

I have been waiting for this model to come out as I suspected it would but am extremely disappointed, so much so that I will probably not buy anymore Blade larger helis either new or second hand and will investigate an alternate.
This is something that I really did not want to do but it seems that HH have lost their way a bit.
If you want to be the entry level learner heli company then make your learner helis capable of different skill requirements as a pilot progresses such as you have done with a the 230s and 250cfx.

After initial learning safe and rescue are like air bags and seat belts in your car. You don't need them unless you are crashing but it is comforting to know they are there.

End of rant.....
Old 07-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzican View Post
I'm kind of glad it came out. I have a Blade 450 3D, and have been thinking of converting it to FBL soon. Now I'll be able to get parts for it a lot easier.
Finally a flybarless Heli that doesn't have a complicated flybarless system to figure out and program. I said I never would do this but this has got me thinking. I have a tricked out B450 and I'm wondering, will we be able to convert our B450's to FBL using the AR636A..?, and will it be available as a separate unit later on...?

FG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170720_221205.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	716406   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130102_113715.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	716407  

Last edited by douglas4; 07-20-2017 at 09:18 PM..
douglas4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 09:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No it uses a belt. Which is why I think they should have improved on the
boom clamping into the frame. The booms are known to slip and effect belt tension if left stock.

Tail Drive Belt: B450, B400, 330X BLH1656
$5.99
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in