Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 330X

Blade 330X Blade 330X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Funny how things are coming full circle. Everyone moves from older generation 325/425mm helis in favor of the new breed 360-380s and true 500s. Then next thing you know SAB puts out a 420 and here comes Blade with a 325.

They might as well go all out and slap a flybar on this one! No, not a flybar, a revolutionary kinetic energy stability control system.
Actually, a flybar would probably improve it. You could rip off the 'new' FBL unit and save yourself a load of hassle.

So many things to fly, so little time.
Crashalotjoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relisys190 View Post
I give Kudos to Blade for supporting the entry level.
This.

I'm so tired of hearing people complain on this forum, or really not just here..just the culture of today in general where people complain about literally everything online to the point that people and companies give up.

Those of you that aren't pleased with this heli, you're obviously not in the market for a blade heli in general, so just leave it at that. They make entry level helis and hopefully their new offerings being sold at many hobby shops bring more people into the hobby.

There are plenty of high end helis out there to move up to later. Or if you already own one, great, let blade be in their niche. No need to knock the blade brand, if it's not for you, don't buy it and move on.
Sp4wn, jasond1979, fly15 and 1 others like this.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreak View Post
What brand would that be?
Whatever one floats your boat. I didn't mention a particular brand because the h8rs are deep in this thread.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 03:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

They still haven't modified the frame to prevent the battery from rubbing the motor.
CrashNburn420 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

i had the first 450x, i flew the crap out of that heli. It's relatively easy to fix and parts were cheap. It had a crappy motor, that was my only complaint with it.
fly15 likes this.
P.I.Engineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 03:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestructured View Post
This.

I'm so tired of hearing people complain on this forum, or really not just here..just the culture of today in general where people complain about literally everything online to the point that people and companies give up.

Those of you that aren't pleased with this heli, you're obviously not in the market for a blade heli in general, so just leave it at that. They make entry level helis and hopefully their new offerings being sold at many hobby shops bring more people into the hobby.

There are plenty of high end helis out there to move up to later. Or if you already own one, great, let blade be in their niche. No need to knock the blade brand, if it's not for you, don't buy it and move on.
+1. Some folks are just gonna hate and bitch and moan regardless of what forum you may visit. Unfortunately it's just the way of the world and the internet these days. I had both the original 300X and the 450X. Learned a lot from those Helis. Mostly how to fly a heli. Both are in the box and In great shape just do not really know who to sell them to. Just fly my 180 in backyard now. Looking at OXY 2. Probably try to pick one up at IRCHA and the associated bits and pieces to build the 2.
fly15 and Gustavo Sganzerla like this.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1
msp1957 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
+1. Some folks are just gonna hate and bitch and moan regardless of what forum you may visit. Unfortunately it's just the way of the world and the internet these days. I had both the original 300X and the 450X. Learned a lot from those Helis. Mostly how to fly a heli. Both are in the box and In great shape just do not really know who to sell them to. Just fly my 180 in backyard now. Looking at OXY 2. Probably try to pick one up at IRCHA and the associated bits and pieces to build the 2.
I still have my 300X......Well mostly its a lynx heli now but that was way before the Oxy came out. It fly's very decent and is cheapish to crash. Cheaper the crashing an align 450/470.

Blades are decent helis for the beginning to intermediate pilot. They do usually have some frustrating aspects. The 130x and its hollow main shaft that cause the shakes of death. The 300x I struggled with the plastic tail box. It would vibrate and cause the shake of death to. The bearings in the motor they are using were a problem as well. But you get past all that and they are decent helis to learn on. Plus their customer service can't be beat by anyone.
fly15 likes this.
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had this heli's grandfather (FB 450 3D) to learn on. Crashed it many many many times. Parts were cheap online and I could even head over to LHS to pick up parts. Sometimes I even crashed it 2-3 times in a day.

This looks good for someone looking to move into that bigger size.
Goblin 500 Sport w/ Xnova/BK/Jive & NEO (rebuilt)
dominoedge is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrataco View Post
Actually they used those same servos on the 450X v2

The old esc was 35 amps so I'm sure 45 will be fine in this.

edit: and wow I've had my 230S for a year and did not realize it has the same cyclic servos as my 450X.
Heck, you're right! I had forgotten about the v2 having those servos too.

HH have clearly slashed the development budgets available, leaving the Dev teams to regurgitate as many of the old parts they have the rights to produce, with a few tweaks here and there to make them look like fresh products to potential new pilots.

With HH pulling Customer Support here in the U.K. earlier this year, and the way things are heading, it's sad to say, but Blades future in the beginner heli market is looking ever more shaky.

MB
Old 07-20-2017, 05:52 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominoedge View Post
I had this heli's grandfather (FB 450 3D) to learn on. Crashed it many many many times. Parts were cheap online and I could even head over to LHS to pick up parts. Sometimes I even crashed it 2-3 times in a day.

This looks good for someone looking to move into that bigger size.
I bought a 450 3D solely because I wanted to learn about and how to set up FB Helis. Was a great learning experience. I already had and was flying the 450X. I just felt that learning the mechanics of a FB heli was important. Added bonus was the fact that it was a stable fun platform to learn the basic maneuvers on and very reasonable to crash.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 06:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

They're a good place to start and some of them are decent helis for a good price. Although it's​a roll of the dice whether you get a good one or one that's nothing but problems. Every other brand I've tried has been far more reliable especially over the long haul. That's not complaining it's a fact.

Ditched Blade and didn't have any issues for going on 2 years. Recently picked up a 230s and it started having problems in less than a month and 50 flights. Big surprise...not

The Trex 450 sport v2 I got used for $150 is will go 1000 flights before it needs a couple bearings and a belt to go 1000 more. Point is there are better options out there. Thanks to WL Toys there are even better micro options. Blade micro quality/reliability has gone down not up.

That's been my personal experience after owning 8 Blade helis and a few other brands YMMV.

I used to be the one defending them here but it turns out ignorance wasn't bliss.

I'm tired of ppl complaining about other people having a different opinion/experience than them. We're allowed to speak our opinion on the thread topic but we're not allowed to attack other's posts.
What does complaining about complaining do anyway? State your differing opinion and move on. Don't try to discourage others from stating theirs.

Last edited by learnedthehardway; 07-20-2017 at 06:34 PM..
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2017, 11:09 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nothing really wrong with the 450X platform and I don't understand why people think they should change something just for the sake of change. But that said they are selling it for basically the same price as a Trex 470LP super combo.
fly15 likes this.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 08:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think this works for their platform. You learn CP on a 230/250 and then move up to this being a bit larger with a belted tail. From there on to a 270 or 360 with a programmable FBL. Experienced pilots that have moved on from Blade to kits may not understand this move. I may not either, but I do realize now that Blade doesn't make helis for me anymore. Their models are what I would consider beginner, regardless of intricacy of the model.

This company brings nearly ALL people into the hobby. They excel very well in that arena and personally I owe a lot to the company.
jasond1979 and fly15 like this.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thestructured View Post
This.

Spot on. Blade got me started in this hobby and I've actually had very few problems with my Blade helis. Still fly my 180 CFX today and it's pretty good for the money. Some people just bitch and whine about everything these days. I wouldn't actually consider buying this heli, but only because I'm past the point of buying any Blade heli. But that doesn't mean it isn't suitable for a relative beginner looking for a reasonable BNF option.
fly15 likes this.

DX8, BeastX, Heli-X, neXt
peteski is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #36 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Well, at least I can build a frankenheli from the spares that'll be offered, including my old 300x/450x stuff that I still fly regularly.

Hell, I just converted my unused 360 cfx airframe to 3s/325mm when my 450x stock frame shit the bed recently after heavy use
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 11:34 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteski View Post
Spot on. Blade got me started in this hobby and I've actually had very few problems with my Blade helis. Still fly my 180 CFX today and it's pretty good for the money. Some people just bitch and whine about everything these days. I wouldn't actually consider buying this heli, but only because I'm past the point of buying any Blade heli. But that doesn't mean it isn't suitable for a relative beginner looking for a reasonable BNF option.

People do love to bitch. They seem to forget the company that got them into the hobby. Nobody has better customer service than Blade. I'd even say they are at the top regardless of hobby related or just in general. Who else has techs that speak english, know the product and make it rain free parts when something goes wrong? I once sent them a very nice email saying that my 230s canopy was kinda crummy and cracked from basic use. They mailed me a fiberglass canopy!

I'm probably going to get one, I love the 450 size. I will wait for a sale and a coupon...cause I'm "frugal"
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 12:15 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My first CP heli was a Blade SR. I learned a lot from that helicopter. I've owned an mSR, mCPX, and a 130CFX. I currently own a 180cfx.

Whether you call it a 450 or a 330 it's a good learning model.

It's just amazing to me how many good models exist now. There are now many paths to learn. I wish they had been available when I was learning.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:25 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post

I'm tired of ppl complaining about other people having a different opinion/experience than them. We're allowed to speak our opinion on the thread topic but we're not allowed to attack other's posts.
What does complaining about complaining do anyway? State your differing opinion and move on. Don't try to discourage others from stating theirs.
The reason some people complain about others complaining is, like in this case, people who hate or dislike Blade helis and have no interest in or intention of ever buying a Blade heli feel the need to come into various threads about new Blade helis for the sole purpose of ragging on Blade. This helicopter isn't even marketed to you unless you consider yourself an intermediate pilot. Why bother? Now, I'm sure you will say it is to warn the people or something, ya know, for the greater good or something but the average human getting into a new hobby is going to research what is good and what isn't. They don't need people ragging on a new release that no one has actually owned or flown.

I have enjoyed every Blade heli I have owned and still do not own all the ones I want. There are those of us out here that want to fly helis and don't need the best of the best expensive helicopters to enjoy this hobby.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

"State your differing opinion and move on." ... EXACTLY !

If this was actually happening then I don't think anyone would have issues with the negative posts. But it's not. Rather, it's post after post, repeat after repeat of the same negative issues, replayed over and over. In just about every recent Blade thread. There's no need to beat any more dead out of that horse.

Folks are just getting tired of the REPEATED complaining, that's all. Message received. LOUD and CLEAR. Yes, some of you got SCREWED. Yes, there are BETTER and more EXPENSIVE helis out there. GOT IT! However, these threads are not about those helis nor the details of the corn-holing you were forced to endure.

I have other helis too, kits and semi-scale. Guess what - I've been jilted by heli manufacturers as well, more than once, POOR ME ! But you take it in stride and remember this is a HOBBY that people of ALL SKILL LEVELS are trying to ENJOY - in their SPARE TIME for cryin' out loud ! There are going to be disappointments - learn to DEAL WITH THEM !

Constant bickering isn't doing this hobby any favor either as far as setting examples for newcomers.

Please, Find your ZEN !!!

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 07-21-2017 at 03:15 PM..
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in