Evolution Rush 750 V2 stretch to 800 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2017, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Evolution Rush 750 V2 stretch to 800

Hey guys, couple of questions.

I have 2 Evolution Rush 750 airframes and I want to turn 1 into an air beating 800.

So I have found out the align 700 main gear bolts straight on, so that’s sorted, a lot of comments that the rush gear is soft. Soo possibly going to go KDE for this. I’ll be running a Kontronic Comp 800-48. Not over the top but plenty of power.

The downside to that motor is, it has an 8mm shaft… Evolution don’t make an 8mm pinion and the stock one is alloy. If I machine it out the spigot for the bearing is super thin. So was looking at the align 700X 13T pinion, does anyone know if this is 8 or 6mm? I could just change the bearing for the new spigot size on the align pinion. Plus its steel.

Now I’ve seen a couple of threads on stretching to 800. Apparently the align 700 upgrade boom fits and the trekker does not. Confirmed this is true. Is it a simple bolt in with the rush tail box? Can only find the 700 stretch boom in kit form with TT and struts (H80001), cannot find just the boom by itself (crash kit).

Or is there a rush boom to stretch the 750 to 800. I have heaps of 750 booms, but I will use them for the second air frame.

I think that’s it for now…
higham83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2017, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used to run a Suzi Hans custom frame with align mechanics for years as a stretched 800. Using the align main gear and stretch boom etc... the only thing I can say is I stripped MANY main gears! I tried everything I could get my hands on including KDE main gears... I could go through 5-6 in a Funfly weekend... perhaps it's just my flying style and collective management skills, but just keep that in mind if running align drivetrain.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have run the Align and Rush main gears on my 766 and 780mm Rush helis with zero issues. A friend with a big power KDE motor killed a stock gear but once we set it up with zero backlash on the high spot it has been flawless. Keep your backlash to a minimum but do not run the mesh tight , just absolute minimum back lash. This goes for most gears and high power or load. Have seen guys with the KDE gear and I am not really sure if it is any better than the newer Align and then there is the latest wider contact Align gear.The Align 800 kits seem to survive fine and it is the same gears! I do run Align steel pinions on my Rush as does my friend. The Evolution (Rush) stretch kit has been on back order for along time so the Align kit would be your only option presently. There is a Evolution forum on Heli Freak also.
Old 08-11-2017, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys, I will probably use the align stretch kit boom and the new wider fatter gears.
higham83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
800, rush, stretch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.