Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2017, 05:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BLADE mCP S (RTF BLH5100 / BNF BLH5180)

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-08-2017 at 01:28 PM..
FR4-Pilot is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default In Stock Early ?

A few days ago when I checked the website it said available mid-October.

Just checked again today and it says they're in stock
Old 08-08-2017, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Decisions decisions...This is the bird that brought me back from the 20 year hiatus. Great little heli ,But I do like the punch the 130s has me worried that I might not fly it that much.
This for sure is the best CP helicopter for some one to start with though. Much better than the Nano in my opinion.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd like to get one to really start seriously practicing inverted things. I've done some in the past with my larger helis, but now that I can't get parts for them I don't want to risk crashing. I almost got a nCPS but everyone had somewhat negative things to say. This one was always loved and referred to so it re-appearing is making my decision to get one very easy

Tested out the 'Add to Cart' button ... Yep, it works!

Just got a shipping notification

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-08-2017 at 06:29 PM..
Old 08-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The nCPS is really to small for outside but is fine for the living room and around the house. Mine fly's perfectly in stability mode but is to radical in stunt one.(might be something in the settings)
I nCPS is better than the nCPX I had for a month when it first came out and then sold it. My experience others have said differently.
I will say if I knew the were going to release the mCPS I would have passed on the nano.
Old 08-09-2017, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
I'd like to get one to really start seriously practicing inverted things. I've done some in the past with my larger helis, but now that I can't get parts for them I don't want to risk crashing. I almost got a nCPS but everyone had somewhat negative things to say. This one was always loved and referred to so it re-appearing is making my decision to get one very easy

Tested out the 'Add to Cart' button ... Yep, it works!

Just got a shipping notification
Your right ..... Diddo
Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Slightly bigger than I expected ...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3441.jpg
Views:	2643
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	718854  
rjbokleman likes this.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Slightly bigger than I expected ...
You mean bigger than original mcpx?
How's the flight?
Is it ok in the stunt mode?
mnipjy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm basing my comparison on the mCX and mSR helis I used to have. I assumed it was the same size as those helis - it's a little bigger. Sorry for the confusion.

Two inside maiden hovers went well. Was in Normal mode, so most likely stability mode - very stable. Half way through the 2nd pack I switched into Stunt 1 (Intermediate mode). It darted off to the left but I was able to catch it before it hit anything. Seemed to fly a little better in intermediate mode. In stability mode it started drifting backwards and to the right after about a minute or so.

Will take it outside tomorrow and check it out some more. Still learning the DX6 so I'll also recheck my setup.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm basing my comparison on the mCX and mSR helis I used to have. I assumed it was the same size as those helis - it's a little bigger. Sorry for the confusion.

Two inside maiden hovers went well. Was in Normal mode, so most likely stability mode - very stable. Half way through the 2nd pack I switched into Stunt 1 (Intermediate mode). It darted off to the left but I was able to catch it before it hit anything. Seemed to fly a little better in intermediate mode. In stability mode it started drifting backwards and to the right after about a minute or so.

Will take it outside tomorrow and check it out some more. Still learning the DX6 so I'll also recheck my setup.
Ok thanks for your info
Old 08-11-2017, 09:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Yesits bigger compared to a MCX and MSR.... so was the original MCPX So i guess your kinda new to helicopters and this is your first CP heli?

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Anyway there seems always drifting issue in Blade's self-leveling mode.
Of course it would not matter when it comes to 3D flying, but..
Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Yesits bigger compared to a MCX and MSR.... so was the original MCPX So i guess your kinda new to helicopters and this is your first CP heli?
No I've got a few bigger CP helis - 180s, 325s and 550s. I never had an original mCPX, so this is my first exposure to one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnipjy View Post
Anyway there seems always drifting issue in Blade's self-leveling mode.
Of course it would not matter when it comes to 3D flying, but..
I may have caused the darting to the left since I was compensating for the rear-right drift with some left aileron when I switched flight modes

Both batteries were at 4.0V out of the box, and I noticed the main rotors don't spin as easily as my other helis. The brushed motor is harder to turn by hand. It seemed to spool up and fly just fine however.

I setup my DX6 per the heli's manual and most likely will be modifying those settings soon ... I'd like to separate the 3 flight modes in the DX6 from the Stability-Intermediate-Advanced settings in the heli - put each on their own switch.

It's nice that it comes with an extra set of main blades, a tail blade, and 4 pitch control rods. The battery wires and connector are larger/thicker than those on the smaller helis, and the Inductrix.

I wanted this one to practice inverted & 3D in the back yard since it has a reputation of being very rugged
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3442.jpg
Views:	2479
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	718892  

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-12-2017 at 08:47 AM..
Old 08-12-2017, 08:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally discovered the mCPX Bible here, with Finless' videos!

This just gets better and better
Old 08-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for sharing.. Don't forget the advantage of these helis is practicing over tall grass because if you get throttle hold it's about impossible to break things.
not wet grass of course
Old 08-12-2017, 09:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I'm counting on! She really does move around a lot - I like it !! Having a grass cushion underneath will help ease the nerves for sure.

Two more flights outside, more room, daylight, etc. Very nice! Need some bigger batteries though After 4 mins she's definitely ready to land.

Did not see the darting-off today when I switched trom Stability to Intermediate or Advanced. I must have caused that last night by countering the drift I was see in Stability mode. The drift is definitely there though - could be vibes - I see the tail fin and battery wires vibrating ... Haven't balanced the main blades yet - too much fun checking this little guy out

Still building that 'trust' between me, the heli and my relatively new DX6 (previously had a DX6i, lots of new things to learn). For some reason, with throttle hold on, when I select Stunt 1 or Stunt 2 the tail rotor starts spinning - main rotors are held off though. Not sure why ...

Last year I picked up one of those ISDT chargers that can easily be powered from an XT-60 equipped Lipo. I'm charging up one of my 3S 2200s - I figure I can get about 25 recharges of the little mCPS cells at the field with that pack

I think I can throw this heli, the DX6 and charger/Lipos in a backpack and bike to a bunch of parks around here that just became perfect mini-flying fields

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3444.jpg
Views:	2699
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	719113  

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-13-2017 at 09:01 AM..
Old 08-13-2017, 07:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Time for the 'Solder Mod'

This heli handles some wind very nicely - i'm guessing around 5mph or so.

But, I'm only getting around a minute or two of decent flight before RPM drop to a point where full collective is needed just to maintain a hover. After a 4 minute flight the cells are at 3.8V.

Tried lowering the throttle curves (lower RPM = less current draw = longer flights). Doesn't seem to matter.

I set my timer down to 3 mins and the last minute was pretty bad. But, after landing I measured both lipos at 3.9V, so I think the issue is at the battery connection. I going to either bend the battery connector pins in/out slightly or add some solder to them so they make better contact with the battery. I remember similar behavior with my original mCX and the Inductrix FPV when it first came out. I think this was referred to as the 'Solder Mod' back in those days.

Anyone else seeing this? 100% stock heli, no mods. 10 flights so far, two initial hovers inside, 8 FF circuits outside.

Bending the pins seemed to help a little - was able to land at 3 minutes with a little more collective in reserve. I think it can do better ... going to add the solder next ...

Same after adding a little solder to the pins. Again, only slightly better than before. Now for the 3rd minute all I can really do is fly around scale-like. No aerobatics or stunts Either these stock 210mAh 40C batteries are weak, or that brushless mod is really needed.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3446.jpg
Views:	2386
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	719111   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3448.jpg
Views:	1975
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	719112  

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 08-13-2017 at 10:31 AM..
Old 08-13-2017, 09:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I never had great luck with the stock batteries I always went for the after market batteries. It's been a long time since I have used stock batteries so I don't remember my exact complaint.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I'm thinking as well. Time for some alternate power sources ...
Old 08-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been a fan of E-Flite batteries since I started...in any other model I own I have either the stock batteries or prefer the Lectron Pro versions...

But for the mCPX...having flown it in nearly every config from brushed thru brushless outrunner...there is only one that measures up

OverSky 300mAh 45C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in