Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018, 10:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a 230 and few 250's and 450's which i fly in the summer recent changes to the rules here and media coverage prevented my from flying them last summer I did find a club in my area that allows Heli's but meeting up with one of the 2 instructors was difficult last summer, I ordered this more to fly in my backyard and parks but i wonder if i will use it once i get flying with the club and after reading more reviews i wonder if it will le tme know
in 2016 i did some inverted flight with the 230 and flipped the MCPx a few times now it is tired.

I will see when it arrives how it goes.

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2018, 04:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
I have a 230 and few 250's and 450's which i fly in the summer recent changes to the rules here and media coverage prevented my from flying them last summer I did find a club in my area that allows Heli's but meeting up with one of the 2 instructors was difficult last summer, I ordered this more to fly in my backyard and parks but i wonder if i will use it once i get flying with the club and after reading more reviews i wonder if it will le tme know
in 2016 i did some inverted flight with the 230 and flipped the MCPx a few times now it is tired.

I will see when it arrives how it goes.
Where I am located the biggest heli I can fly in my backyard is the 130S because it is under 250g. If I am not mistaking the rules are just about to change for more permissive rules tought. I live in Canada btw
jenfre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

IT arrived this morning i opened the box i cut the horizon seal, it looks nice i was a bit surprised to see the blades installed on it and the spare set are the same, In the past I have always received a set of high performance blades and a set of fast forward blades, not sure if this is a mistake or the way it is suppose to be, both are fast blades which are the ones i have never used on my other heli's

see how it goes when i get a chance

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Old 02-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
IT arrived this morning i opened the box i cut the horizon seal, it looks nice i was a bit surprised to see the blades installed on it and the spare set are the same, In the past I have always received a set of high performance blades and a set of fast forward blades, not sure if this is a mistake or the way it is suppose to be, both are fast blades which are the ones i have never used on my other heli's

see how it goes when i get a chance
Mine also came with 2 set of bullet blades
jenfre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2018, 04:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bound it as per the instructions for my DX8, charged the batteries and did some kitchen hovers, It feels a lot more stable then the MCPX and the nanp CPS, hpowever i cannot get safe to work. i press the button and nothing happens. I set up the mix on mix one. and the rest was a s per the instructions.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew it a few times today then i flew a pack in the MCPS, the MCPX and the NANO CPS and i like this one, all regret is gone even though the bail out does not work more then likely due to my set up it feels very locked in.

looking forward to the calm summer mornings and indoor if i can ever make it to one again.
navigator2011 likes this.

Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have an mCPS on the way--looking forward to it!

I must admit, though, the Nano is a great teaching helicopter. Crash it over and over, and it just keeps going.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool! I see a Trex150 in your sig too. You'll be able to make some great comparisons in no time!

I may actually get to fly tomorrow if the freak warm weather cooperates. Going to try both the Nano and mCPS, and also crank the throttle on the mCPS up to 150 like on the Nano.

You'll find the mCPS crashes just like the nano - which is awesome.
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2018, 12:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear the mcps crashes well. I have the 150 all set up and ready to go, but I'm holding off. Don't want to interfere with gains I'm making with ncps. Lol.

I've been wanting an mcps for a while, now. Don't really know why, I just have.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL - the mCPS feels like a 'big' heli after flying the Nano these past months

Got to fly them both at lunch today. After 150 or so flights with the Nano the mCPS felt much 'easier' than I remember. And, setting throttle travel adjust to 150/100 results in a little higher RPM (based on sound, that is) very much like on the Nano.

navigator2011 likes this.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
LOL - the mCPS feels like a 'big' heli after flying the Nano these past months

Got to fly them both at lunch today. After 150 or so flights with the Nano the mCPS felt much 'easier' than I remember. And, setting throttle travel adjust to 150/100 results in a little higher RPM (based on sound, that is) very much like on the Nano.

I am counting on this phenomenon when I start back up with my larger helicopters.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:02 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi All,

After a long break from flying I finally took the plunge and got myself an mCP S (had mCPX V2 previously) and have to say I'm really enjoying it.

Flew it around the atrium at work today which unintentionally persuaded a colleague to buy one. He was hitting the online shop right after taking the controls

The bigger "model" in the background is the BAE Hawk 200 prototype.

Cman likes this.
Old 03-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mcpx BL

I received some parts today to upgrade and ordered some more. In the mean time. I am going out to fly.
Cman likes this.
Old 03-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Received my Nanotech 300s last week. Put in the HH brushless motor and ESC, and I think they really work SO much better than the stock brushed motor. Flying around on flat 80% throttle curve for 3 minutes leaves these new batteries at 3.85V. Not bad, I think.
Old 04-13-2018, 10:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew my mCPS today since i caught a break in the wind. Flew it 1 pack put it into the grass broke my landing gear. I really don't think it should have broke it wasn't that hard of a crash and it was into the grass but its broke so ill be ordering parts. I read about a lot of people breaking the landing skids on the NANO but that is one part I haven't broke but it is the same size as the NANO gear with a bigger tray so may look into a upgrade later.
koconcept is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got mine bound to the dx6i. Managed to do a few kitchen hovers but haven't had it outside yet. Does anybody have a good dx6i setup they've been using?
Old 04-29-2018, 10:44 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Selling My Brushless mCPS for $80

Never Mind

Last edited by zadaw; 04-29-2018 at 12:20 PM..
zadaw is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Visited LHS bought a spare feathering shaft, replaced the bent one. Also replaced the stock tail with long tail assembly from mcpx v2. Leveled the swash then set the zero pitch for the first time on my mcps , found the factory setting wasn't that good at all. My mcps is alive again! Nothing aggressive just some smooth flying in the yard, the tail does feel hold better with the stretched tail boom during flip.

Btw am I supposed to apply some loctite in the feathering shaft to secure the phillip screw? I didn't because I was kinda afraid accidentally spread loctite in the bearing of blade grip.
FR4-Pilot likes this.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:05 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put some on mine - blue, not red or green. Just a tiny bit, in the hole or on the threads. I used the tip of a toothpick to apply it. Be careful not to get any on the bearing, on the plastic, etc.

Definitely don't want the grips flying off
Old 05-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's what I thought. Better put some too before my next flight. Thanks !

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in