Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2018, 10:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, me too. Just the tiniest amount. Installed a new fs shaft today.

I'm dropping my servo travel and keeping the throttle relatively high in an attempt to avoid bogging the motor during flipping. Still having tail blowouts, even with a 7mm tail motor. With my servo travel at 75/80, I'm getting about +/- 10-11 degrees of pitch. Guess 90/115 was a bit ridiculous lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2018, 10:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recommend to use mCPX BL feathering Spindle.
Blade grips and hub must be replaced, of course.
capt_charisma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
I'm dropping my servo travel and keeping the throttle relatively high in an attempt to avoid bogging the motor during flipping. Still having tail blowouts, even with a 7mm tail motor. With my servo travel at 75/80, I'm getting about +/- 10-11 degrees of pitch. Guess 90/115 was a bit ridiculous lol.
Thanks for mentioning that - I'm going to revisit my pitch settings as well. I cranked mine up like yours, but that was back when it was new; the main motor probably hadn't had time to break in yet ...
FR4-Pilot is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put a few packs through the mcps today with the new settings. I was surprised at the amount of positive climb-out even at 80% throttle with the HH brushless and the reduced servo travel to 75/80. Sure, I had to dig deeper at some points to avoid hitting the grass.

The reduced servo travel seemed to decrease motor bogging, and in turn decreased tail blow-outs to some degree. But, man, these little stick boom tails are a pain.

I really am feeling compelled to fly my 150x more and more. It seems to have enough tail power to overcome my rather lousy collective management.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Six lunch flights today, 3 with the mCPS and 3 with the mCPX.

I set the pitch to 85/85 on the mCPS - she seemed to do just fine, but man the wind picked up so she was all over the place anyway

On the mCPX I noticed the wobble is back, but I know it's because I crashed the last time I flew it.

A couple weeks ago I was at the RC heli field flying the mCPX when two moms and their 4 kids decided to stroll out onto the field while I was flying. I heard them approaching from behind but thought they would wait in the spectator area until I landed. Nope. Had to put her in the dirt since the kids were all over the field like unbound electrons. And there was a language barrier so I couldn't even explain the dangers of what they did. Granted, it was only a micro, but I also fly my 550's there ... I guess it was so quiet they assumed it was harmless (?)

So I have to troubleshoot it again, which I don't like doing when flying weather is finally here Grrr ... I think it might be the right roll servo - the little plastic piece that the j-hook attaches to is pretty wobbly in its track.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2018-05-16-15h32m29s41.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	745824  

Last edited by FR4-Pilot; 05-16-2018 at 03:35 PM..
Old 05-16-2018, 02:14 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry about your mCPX going in--honestly, I don't even bother trying to convince anyone that what I'm doing is dangerous. I don't really want that sort of negative connotation.

Besides, it's really a consideration issue--can you imagine someone walking in between me and my boy while we play catch with a baseball? People do this. And also loose dogs, with their leashes dragging along, despite the rather strict leash law.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good point about not spreading fear among the masses. I could see them trying to close the field to the hobbyists if they only knew ...

Consideration is definitely at an all time low these days.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:54 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Of course, an mCPS is not all that dangerous, but nobody ever has a measured response anymore, it's always knee-jerk. I'd rather just put up with the occasional irritation, and then keep on flying.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Consideration is definitely at an all time low these days.
I think they just don't really think anything of it. I've had passersby just walk right up next to my airborne heli to tell me about their friend that just flew in a "real one," or about their buddy that flies a "huge one." I just move the heli away from them, politely respond with a smile, and ponder the growing number of fans I have in the neighborhood.

Old 05-18-2018, 05:57 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I removed the red metal MicroHeli swash and put the stock swash (with o-rings) back on and the wobbles are gone.

Either the stock swash/o-rings are masking something else or the MicroHeli swash didn't survive the crash all that well ...

I'm glad the wobbles are gone though
Old 05-18-2018, 06:17 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad you got rid of the wobbles, but sorry about the swash.

I'm not all that impressed with the microheli swashes, to be honest. The one I received for my Nano was gritty and, shall we say, frictional. Even though it seemed rehabilitated with some lithium grease, I think it's robbing battery time and head speed from my Nano. It has been enough to put me off buying one for the mCPS.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a bummer. I'm attempting to inspect it the best I can. This one seems smooth. Only thing I can see is that it doesn't sit flat when I put it on the table top upside down (on the arms). The stock one sits flat. Maybe it got bent during the crash.

No biggie - I'm just glad I don't have to do micro surgery on the servos again For now, at least.

I've been practicing upright backwards and inverted backwards circuits on the SIM and evidently still have lots of hours to go before I start punishing these micros ...
Old 05-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, that bend doesn't sound good, probably right about the crash.

Glad to see you're still getting some game with your mCPS. I have been flying the 150X more and more. I just got so sick of all the tail antics with my mCPS. I guess I'm not all that smooth with flipping, I just can't believe the crap the 150X let's me get away with.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great to hear that 150X is working out for you . It’s hard (for me anyway) to fly ‘cleanly’ with these little guys. A few weeks ago I flew my 180 and 450, full inverted, and that made me smile These micros definitely do their job !
Old 05-18-2018, 07:12 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Great to hear that 150X is working out for you . It’s hard (for me anyway) to fly ‘cleanly’ with these little guys. A few weeks ago I flew my 180 and 450, full inverted, and that made me smile These micros definitely do their job !
For sure! Working diligently with the Nano catapulted my flying skills far beyond what I was capable of just a few months ago.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:13 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 180 did so well upside down that I bought a couple more 31g 500mAh 2S packs. I might even mod the stock skids with some thin CF rod to save a few grams from the TRex250 skids I currently have on.

The 450 flew great too - I found a pre-owned Castle Talon35 on Ebay and put that in. Now I can fly with a few different 'known' headspeeds in gov high mode, just like the 180 ! Not that I'm trying to reduce the RPM or cell count, but I'm currently in the 2000-2600 range and flies like a bigger 180, with a F L Y B A R !

I found the Hirobo Shuttle model in the old demo Heli-X sim (not the newer v6.1) is great to practice flying backwards. It's very forgiving and somewhat slow to react. Brings back memories of trying to learn forward flight on the SIM 9 years ago
Old 05-18-2018, 07:17 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear, inspiring even! We're doing essentially the same approach, but you're ahead of me with your skills. I have yet to hover inverted in real life (I'm pretty good in the sim).

I may soon return to the Nano for some more practice now that I have some beefy 2.0mm JST plugs in hand--those micro ones were just getting worn out.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:21 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep at it - you'll be there in no time. Sounds like you've got a great plan to guarantee success
Old 05-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Keep at it - you'll be there in no time. Sounds like you've got a great plan to guarantee success
Thanks--I appreciate your advice! Sounds like we're both on our way.

Old 05-19-2018, 01:38 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

LOL - I tried cutting some dandelions today at the field with an inverted mCPX.

All it did was beat the hell out of the stems. All the fluffy seed things came off and stuck to the canopy.

Didn't cut through anything

Looked really silly ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in