V52 Firmware Tribunus - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Scorpion ESC and Motor Support

Scorpion ESC and Motor Support Scorpion Power Systems ESC and Motor Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default V52 Firmware Tribunus

From Facebook

[qoute]
Tribunus ESC firmware V52 test completed! Ready for public release.... that was long to do!!!
- for 14S ESC increased measurement precision on phases (better starting, better sync)
- Added additional start up calibration (increased power on time)
- Added one more protection for maximum ESC temeperature (2s delay, 130 for mosfet, 110 for control)
- added event flag for sync loose (after 2s of sync error, power will be cut to 40A for14S and 12S, to 30A for 6S)
- added short circuit protection
- set default BEC voltage to 5V
- fixed bailout and restart mistake for Vbar mode
- added RPM output signal for all modes
- added writing instant error code to the log
- Added time for unsolicited telemetry mode. Added additional check for false switch to PC mode.
- Changed maximum allowed current for 14S to 280A.
[/quote]
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to update.

Anyone else noticed..... If you fly lower head speed or have a lower amp draw, the accuracy of the MAH used goes down? I actually needed to tweak the battery app settings in my VControl to avoid over discharging when flying a whole flight in bank 1 (1600) on my L700 because it didn't warn me soon enough I had reached the desired charge level.

Hopefully the "accuracy" talked about in the update will help this.
Quote:
for 14S ESC increased measurement precision on phases (better starting, better sync)
I've only noticed this on my Tribunus200. My 120s don't seem to have the issue.....although I don't spend much time at the lower head speeds with my 550sx/550se so maybe I just haven't noticed it?

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Your quoted accurcy statement has to do with measuring where the magnets are in relation to the stator.

mAh consumed has so many variables and the age of your packs will be the biggest factor in errors.
Old 08-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What I'm saying is that on the same heli and using the same packs, the same alarm for the MAHs consumed will come later if flying very gently compared to when flying hard.....and this results in taking too much out of the pack, albeit great flight times. Hard on packs though.

It's like when flying easy, some MAHs slip through without being counted. So even though a hard (shorter) flight says you used the same capacity as the easy (longer) flight, the cell voltages are lower after the easy flight and more goes back into the pack. I could understand this happening if the capacity alarm just looked at pack voltage. An older pack with more voltage sag would trip the alarm sooner on the harder flight with more load. But if it's supposed to be measuring actual MAH taken from the lipo, shouldn't that be the same no matter how quickly you remove it?

KevinB

Last edited by KevinB; 08-17-2017 at 11:25 PM..
Old 08-18-2017, 12:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was setting up a new 200 amp esc and I downloaded firmware #52.

Now I need to update the others. Is this only for the 200 amp or does it include the 120 amp as well ?

I have not noticed a inaccuracy in Mah consumption for low head speed to high head speed. I set my battery Mah in the battery app to a 10% lower than the pack actually is. So for a 4400 Mah pack I set it as a 4000 Mah battery. I set it for 65% / 35% and they come down with 3.75 volts per cell. Seems to work.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It shows version 52 for the 06-120, 14-200, and 16-300 ESCs.
Old 08-18-2017, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll have to actually record what the VControl says I took out vs what the charger is saying I'm putting back in for high and low load flights.

KevinB
Old 08-18-2017, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Unhappy

I cant find version 52 for the 06-120
I do see the version 52 for the 200 amp
Old 08-18-2017, 11:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
I'll have to actually record what the VControl says I took out vs what the charger is saying I'm putting back in for high and low load flights.

KevinB
Every charger will vary on mAh charged and are not that accurate as there are internal losses in the charger.

The best practise is to fly your normal flights and keep an eye on your packs and adjust the % warning in the VBC for each pack.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Every charger will vary on mAh charged and are not that accurate as there are internal losses in the charger.

The best practise is to fly your normal flights and keep an eye on your packs and adjust the % warning in the VBC for each pack.
Yes. I realize the charger results will be different due to balancing losses, etc. I meant it more as a relative comparison. To see how much I'm actually putting back in a pack after flying to the capacity alarm on a low speed flight vs a high speed flight.

I look at my ending cell voltages on every pack as I start the charge cycle and adjust the individual pack capacity in the VBC if I see I'm discharging too far........ie: any cell is below 3.77V. My point at the beginning of my posts was that I have found I'm needing to tweak the recorded pack capacity in the VBC even lower after low current flights. Then after doing a harder flight, I'm well above the 3.77V target. Which is ok. Just an observation.

KevinB
Old 08-19-2017, 01:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie R View Post

Scorpion Team. Tribunus 06-120A FW v.52
Old 08-19-2017, 01:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie R View Post
Or here: Scorpion Team. Tribunus Firmwares

This link will sort on date posted so all the newest firmware versions are at the start of the list.

KevinB
Old 08-19-2017, 07:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
What I'm saying is that on the same heli and using the same packs, the same alarm for the MAHs consumed will come later if flying very gently compared to when flying hard.....and this results in taking too much out of the pack, albeit great flight times. Hard on packs though.

It's like when flying easy, some MAHs slip through without being counted. So even though a hard (shorter) flight says you used the same capacity as the easy (longer) flight, the cell voltages are lower after the easy flight and more goes back into the pack. I could understand this happening if the capacity alarm just looked at pack voltage. An older pack with more voltage sag would trip the alarm sooner on the harder flight with more load. But if it's supposed to be measuring actual MAH taken from the lipo, shouldn't that be the same no matter how quickly you remove it?

KevinB
It's really a limitation of the hardware. It uses a very small value shunt resistor and measures a tiny voltage drop to measure the current flow. This has a limited sensitivity range. And since it's sized for 200A continuous the value has to be really small limiting how well it can detect small currents.

So no matter what on all escs flying really low headspeed with an easy style has poor accuracy. You will see the same problem on any esc used for mAh measurement.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2017, 10:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Thank you ragge1 and KevinB
Old 08-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have found my 200 to accurate at low or high head speed. Maybe you mean really low. I fly my 780 at 1550ish and sometimes 1950ish. Both flights will take back almost the same mah.
Michaelinpr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.