Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2017, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Swash plate leveling for Trex 150x

My 150x was working great and under control with my DX20 Spektrum until i tried to practice some 3D move and crashed big time.
Since then, i was no longer being able to control the Rc heli like i used to.
i have a hard time to adjust the servos to balance out the swash plate again.
i did buy the swash plate tool and use it to change it but was no luck.
Can someone help out and suggest the best and easiest way to fix the swash plate on this Trex 150x model?
Appreciated your time.
Regards,
#!kaerfileh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2017, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi! Swashplate leveling in this little bird is a quite straightforward process since the links from the servos to the swashplate are not adjustable. So, the process you should follow is:

- Set a straight 0-50-100 pitch curve at your transmitter. Or, even better, a 0, 50, 50, 50, 100 pitch curve will ease the process.

- Center your pitch stick. In the app, enter the swashplate section and center the three servos (set them to 0%).

- Check that all servo arms are at 90º or very close to it. If any of them is not centered (very) close to 90º, remove the arm and place it as close to 90º as you can.

- Remove the rotorhead and put the swash leveler. Now, using the app, enter the "swashplate" section and raise or lower every servo until the swash is leveled (it touches the three points of the leveler).

- Remove the leveler and put the rotorhead again. Enter "Collective" section in the app, touch "0º Pitch", and raise or lower the swash until you get 0º there. You may need a pitch gauge to do this. Otherwise, folding both blades over their bladegrips setting them parallel will make the trick. You get 0º when both blades are perfectly aligned.

- Touch "Collective" button now in the app. With "Positive" and "Negative" slidebars you set the maximum and mininum pitch values. Set them to +11 degrees and -11 degrees, respectively. If you don't have a pitch gauge, an application such RC Heli Pitch will make the trick.

Once you followed this procedure, your swashplate setup is done. If you keep having problems, it should be due to anything else, maybe a stripped servo gear? Check them first at all, because this helicopter is very prone to stripping servo gears every time it crash.

Good luck!
Goblin 500

Last edited by joanpeca; 08-27-2017 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: Spell check
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2017, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check for stripped gears in one or more servos.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also after I`ve had a few bad crashes, I`ve had to do a Gyro Calibration which is on the top of page 29 of the PDF manual I have. And make sure the GRS board is still firmly attached and not loose........my .02$

DX8 GEN 1, Phoenix R/C 5.5 ,Hyperion 720i DUO w/ MW 600 PS,Trex 250 se, Trex 150X, mCPXv1, mSRX, mSR, Walkera 4G#6S , Blade SR, Trex 470LM
prairie ville is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2017, 03:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hard time to level the swash?
No servo movement in APP adjust function?
If servos are ok and swash is level by eye and still fly unstable, than maybe is something related to vib.
johnniechang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2017, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi Joanpeca and all,
I followed what you guided and I almost got there. I swash plate is now leveled but I observed a weird one. I can't lift the heli up and if I raised the throttle up, it seems there is a force to push the heli down and it likes to jump. The higher I tried to raise the throttle, the stronger force it is. Then if I pushed the throttle stick down after I raised it, the heli is about to flying up.
I am not sure what I missed that I can't bring the heli on the air again and I used to hover and flying in sport mode around with no problem.

Really appreciated if you can provide further help.

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well..It was my bad and now I learned more from this forum. I guessed i did not fully understand how collective pitch (negative vs positive) works, and I overlooked that setup. Once I changed around the reversed pitch box using the Grs app on my phone, the 150x behaved like it used to be and i am back to business. Thanks for all your help, Joanpeca and others.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to now you sorted out your issues. You're welcome!
Goblin 500
Old 09-01-2017, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd never say this for a big helicopter... but I level the swashplate on the Trex 150 by eye sight alone. I have the swashplate tool and it just doesn't work as well.

I've had the best success with just eyeballing the swash level... click, click until it looks good.

By success, I mean a perfect flying 150. This thing can be incredible.
RC/DC_5000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well... I'll share a little secret here... me too! Yes, although I bought the swash leveler, I felt to lazy to remove that tiny rotor head and did the leveling by eye. But it's something I never suggest to do. You know, something like that of "hey guys, never try this at home" ;-)
Goblin 500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in