So I bought a Jeti dc-16 what is it? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 08:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default So I bought a Jeti dc-16 what is it?

Nice title huh lol.
Well I have done alot of research and im just a bit confused. The website says it has 16 channels but when I go to system settings>installed modules it says no of channels 24 of 24 channels. I believe I read the dc-16 cant be upgraded and it comes fully installed with every module so im just confused as to what this means and how i can figure out what I purchased
Thanks for any help.
cslater484 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2017, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its a 24 channel radio and has every module included. I would recommend the videos from Espirit RC. They are very helpful
Old 08-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thank you very much still confused though.

Last edited by cslater484; 08-27-2017 at 10:56 PM..
Old 08-28-2017, 12:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The modules on the ds-16, are all of the timers, sensors, free mixes, channels, telemetry... ect. To start you can use as little or as much as you want. It is a learning process and can seem daunting, but as you become more comfortable with it, it all becomes a lot simpler.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi with Jeti the radio model number does not indicate the number of channels it transmits. This is not a Spektrum It used to if i am not mistaken but a tx software update opened up extra channels for free.

Now this also counts for the rx's where for example a R3ex or R3Rex receives more than 3 channels. The number in the rx just indicates the amount of servos that can be connected but the rx still receives most channels. Please note i think some are limited to 16 but this info is all available online so just read up before you choose. The single line output is used to connect to a FBL in heli applications to minimize wiring and all channels received are sent over single wire.

Short answer if you have tray type with NO colour on screen you have a dc16 which transmits 24 channels the new dc24 has colour screen and a number of other features/upgrades but this would be easiest to "see"
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmaeus View Post
I would recommend the videos from Espirit RC. They are very helpful
+1 on the videos. It will help you get started and you will learn a lot more much faster.
Saves a lot of frustration, and befroe you know it you will be saying to yourself "bloody hell, this radio is awesome".
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 02:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guy a little better. This radio is awesome I had no idea it was this involved. Dam spektrum garbage LMAO what a eye opener. This thing is way to advanced for me and what I do.i did watch a lot of videos on it but just needed to clarify the servo vs channel thing I get it now I think . 16 servos/motors running and 8 slots for? Lights/smoke/ accessories? Still thinking I should sale to someone that can use it.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hardly anyone uses all channels. on a radio. Often its about the functionality and how the radio feels. So simply ignore the number of channels. All that tells you is that you will never run out of them.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cslater484 View Post
Nice title huh lol.
Well I have done alot of research and im just a bit confused. The website says it has 16 channels but when I go to system settings>installed modules it says no of channels 24 of 24 channels. I believe I read the dc-16 cant be upgraded and it comes fully installed with every module so im just confused as to what this means and how i can figure out what I purchased
Thanks for any help.
When the DC/DS-16 were released, they had only 16 channels. With FW 4.0 the number of channels was changed to 24.
W.W. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2017, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Give it a try, any nice radio will have more channels than most of us can possibly use. It's in the build quality and flexibility that you will appreciate the differences.

I started very basic with mine, then over the past 2 years added voice, logic switches, mAh sensing, rescue, etc. Often posts on HF explain what it can do and lays out the steps to set up more advanced features. I have not seen this level of grass roots support for any other brand. One feature I really like is playing music while I fly.

TRM Power
CAUTION - my posts are based on my experiences, yours may be different.
fastflyer20 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 02:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you're finding it a bit daunting I wrote a setup guide that will help get you started. It was written for Spartan & Jeti, but 90% of the guide is all about getting started with heli's and a Jeti radio:

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=733826
myxiplx is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 09:04 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plus, we're all here if you have questions. I bugged this forum a lot in my early Jeti days. Dan
dogbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2017, 12:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4711 View Post
Hardly anyone uses all channels. on a radio. Often its about the functionality and how the radio feels. So simply ignore the number of channels. All that tells you is that you will never run out of them.
I have used up to 16 channels so far on one model....

That is a jet with lots of control surfaces, mixes, etc....
Shogun71 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks guy a little better. This radio is awesome I had no idea it was this involved. Dam spektrum garbage LMAO what a eye opener. This thing is way to advanced for me and what I do.i did watch a lot of videos on it but just needed to clarify the servo vs channel thing I get it now I think . 16 servos/motors running and 8 slots for? Lights/smoke/ accessories? Still thinking I should sale to someone that can use it.
Mate, if I were you, I wouldn't even think about selling it.
Sure it may do more than you think will ever need (I only fly helis with my DS-16), but once you get into the setup and start getting it they way you want it, for me you can't beat it.
I am still relatively new to Jeti, because of my work I can't get on the TX and play around as often as most people would, but I am getting more out of my DS-16 than I ever did with my DX-9, trim buttons adjusting gains and that sort of thing.
I can't think of any reason that I would go back to Spektrum.

Also the simple fact that your TX is second hand ane you will loss money.

Any way, not trying to put my nose into your buisness just letting you know what Ihave found going from one system to Jeti.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2017, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
As a very recent convert from a DX18 to Jeti I would never go back. The functionality is way ahead of Spektrum and programming a new heli is really very easy to do once you have done a couple from scratch, don't cheat and use copy to new model. The beauty of owning the Jeti is now you are limited by your imagination, not your transmitter's capability.

Use it as a basic transmitter and grow into it as you figure it out, your needs change.
pctomlin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.