Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2017, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default What is the best way to slow down roll?

V2
I have a good if not perfect flip rate, but the roll is too fast.

I suspect control authority A is the best/proper way to slow the roll down..?

Do I increase or decrease control authority to solve it or is it typical in a 700 size heli to see 305a 275e effective cyclic results?

If that is wrong please steer me in the right direction .

Maybe less cyclic rate then faster elevator authority ?

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try something simple like dual rates.
garyl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2017, 08:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Steve,

See the link for tuning on this.
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...57#post7272122
Old 08-31-2017, 09:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So if I understand correctly you raised the flip rate first, then cyclic pitch to get to the flip rate you wanted to achieve. ( and have it agree with your CGY rate value)? This almost like setting an end point to get the values in the CGY to agree with the radio.
Then in the end was it the flip rate you lowered to get your preferred 265e ?

"I then flew my model as I normally would and landed as needed to adjust my CYC.RtC1 to my liking.
I found my model could attain 280d/s flip, 285d/s roll, and that I liked 265d/s for both."

So essentially the swash cyclic rate was too low to start with....?
Old 08-31-2017, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So if I understand correctly you raised the flip rate first, (this value default is 300d/s and usually does not have to be raised for a 700 size heli.) then cyclic pitch to get to the flip rate you wanted to achieve. (I raise this value to find the max the heli can achieve continuously, not to get what I want. Check the "Elev.Max" to see the effect of raising the "SWS.Rate".) ( and have it agree with your CGY rate value)? (Typically I find that two bladed 700 size helis cannot attain 300d/s in a continuous flip.) This almost like setting an end point to get the values in the CGY to agree with the radio.
Then in the end was it the flip rate you lowered to get your preferred 265e ? (Yes, it was the "CYC.RtC1" I lowered to get my preferred 265d/s)

"I then flew my model as I normally would and landed as needed to adjust my CYC.RtC1 to my liking.
I found my model could attain 280d/s flip, 285d/s roll, and that I liked 265d/s for both."

So essentially the swash cyclic rate was too low to start with....? (For 700 size heli the suggestion is to start with a 9 degrees. This may be to low, high or perfect depending on the physical characteristics of your model, and can be optimized by the owner.)

Some added points to remember:
1. While completing this tuning the dual rates must be at 100!!
2. When flying the model to find the continuous flip or roll rate do not jab the cyclic on the transmitter to the max throw.
2a. If you do, the max flip and roll the CGY-750 will measure will be how fast the heli moved off center. This can be faster than the continuous flip and roll rate.
Old 08-31-2017, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Robert. That sortof makes sense. The blades can have a dramatic effect as well from your description.

I'm doing this with the VTX 696 and they are lively to say the least.
I am also rechecking my E700 with rail 717's.

One thought is what if you did it the other way and set the CYC rt1 to say 200 then adjusted your swash rate to even things up? then raise your CYC rt1 to suit. Basically the same effect?
Old 08-31-2017, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittylube View Post
One thought is what if you did it the other way and set the CYC rt1 to say 200 then adjusted your swash rate to even things up? then raise your CYC rt1 to suit. Basically the same effect?
Steve,
You do not want to do it that way.
Quoted from the V2 CGY-750 manual page 21 about SWS.Rate.
"Suggested cyclic pitch range should be at least 9-10 degrees on each side of neutral"
"Previous recommendations of 8-9 degrees of cyclic pitch are not applicable to this firmware and will yield inadequate cyclic rate and poor performance."

CYC.RtC1 controls how fast the helicopter moves to your inputs.
SWS.Rate controls how the CGY-750 compensates for physics in the environment and to your inputs.
Do you really want to limit how much work the CGY-750 does for you?
Do a baseline flight and take note of how the heli acts. After optimizing SWS.Rate do that flight over again and compare your notes.

Yes blades can have a dramatic effect.

Regards
Old 08-31-2017, 04:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got it I did not see that note in the manual.
Thanks for taking your time to help me out. Will do as you suggested.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Happy to help, and hope you get some great flights this Labor Day weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.