Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...)


Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...)


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 44
 

Join Date: Sep 2012
Default Naza M v2 Firmware flashed onto M Lite?

So it appears the dood in this video is flashing the latest Naza v2 firmware to a Naza M Lite.

Has anyone tried this? See video below.

Updating DJI NAZA Flight Controller to NAZA-M V2 Firmware (5 min 8 sec)
__________________
| 120SR | Custom Mini Quad | F550, Zenmuse H3-2D | DX6i
chawjubs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 1,972
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

This is for installing the Naza-M V2 firmware onto the Naza-M V1. I've heard people trying to install the Naza-M V2 Firmware on the Naza-M Lite and all say it will not work.
__________________
~ HeliFreak MR Support
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 653
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawjubs View Post
So it appears the dood in this video is flashing the latest Naza v2 firmware to a Naza M Lite.

Has anyone tried this? See video below.

Updating DJI NAZA Flight Controller to NAZA-M V2 Firmware - YouTube
There is not difference between Naza M and Naza V2 except for the PMU, you can upgrade Naza m to Naza V2 but not Naza Lite to the latest firmware of Naza v2, thats why the cost is so diferent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
__________________
FUSION 50 /CGY750
PROTOS 500 /SKOOKUM SK540BELT CP V2,CYPHER 3D
BIG NAZA QUADCOPTER
FLIP FPV
SAMUELPINONFLORES is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 08:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 4,534
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMUELPINONFLORES View Post
There is not difference between Naza M and Naza V2 except for the PMU, you can upgrade Naza m to Naza V2 but not Naza Lite to the latest firmware of Naza v2, thats why the cost is so diferent.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
And to think, there's probably just 1 bit that has to be flipped in a memory register in there that suddenly makes it worth hundreds more.
__________________
3 years cancer free! Woot!! ~ Cancer can kiss my grits! Ainokea!
If you never crash, you're not having enough fun!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,026
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Island Guy View Post
And to think, there's probably just 1 bit that has to be flipped in a memory register in there that suddenly makes it worth hundreds more.

I couldnt agree more.. Modern day electronics strike me as very very cheap to produce, offer high profit margins... The fact that a lot of what is taking place on any given board is far beyond the grasp of most people, myself included... well... its a real moneymaking industry. I know that there is design and layout and such.. but when you buy a unit with a 400 price tag... yeah.. bet it only cost 20 bucks to produce.....???

I wish I'd payed attention more often in school.....
CircleH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 4,534
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleH View Post
I couldnt agree more.. Modern day electronics strike me as very very cheap to produce, offer high profit margins... The fact that a lot of what is taking place on any given board is far beyond the grasp of most people, myself included... well... its a real moneymaking industry. I know that there is design and layout and such.. but when you buy a unit with a 400 price tag... yeah.. bet it only cost 20 bucks to produce.....???

I wish I'd payed attention more often in school.....
Software can be a good gig. It's paid for all my toys.
__________________
3 years cancer free! Woot!! ~ Cancer can kiss my grits! Ainokea!
If you never crash, you're not having enough fun!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 10:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 1,972
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Island Guy View Post
And to think, there's probably just 1 bit that has to be flipped in a memory register in there that suddenly makes it worth hundreds more.
From all that I can gather, which I'd still need one to take apart to confirm this. I'm thinking the only thing missing on the Naza lite is the CAN bus interface IC and controller.
__________________
~ HeliFreak MR Support
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 4,534
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clouseau View Post
From all that I can gather, which I'd still need one to take apart to confirm this. I'm thinking the only thing missing on the Naza lite is the CAN bus interface IC and controller.
Oh, okay, 2 bits then... lol
__________________
3 years cancer free! Woot!! ~ Cancer can kiss my grits! Ainokea!
If you never crash, you're not having enough fun!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 1,972
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Island Guy View Post
Oh, okay, 2 bits then... lol
Let's hope for the few guys using Naza lites that DJI was able to keep what's missing under a byte
__________________
~ HeliFreak MR Support
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 03:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,255
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Default

Interestingly all the TBS guys just use Naza Lites.

Pete
__________________
similis vobis fugere eam furatus
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
-- William Bligh
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
HF MR Support
 
Posts: 4,534
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedee View Post
Interestingly all the TBS guys just use Naza Lites.

Pete
It seems to do what it needs to do just fine for what I a lot of us want to do with our Discos. The Disco Pro one I'm just finishing is using the Pixhawk though, but that's because I want to delve into its nearly endless possibilities. For my standard Discovery though, the Naza Lite works just fine. I want to keep that one as simple and light as possible.
__________________
3 years cancer free! Woot!! ~ Cancer can kiss my grits! Ainokea!
If you never crash, you're not having enough fun!

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2017, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Th upgrade site is down. Can someone provide me with a link or file. The site was up 2 weeks ago and now I cant find the upgrade file

Thanks
HW911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Aug 2009
Default

I just updated my lite to v2. Real easy.

The file needed to do it is hidden now, since DJI made legal threats to anyone who hosts it.
terma-nator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1