Alternativ Source for mounting pads - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2017, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alternativ Source for mounting pads

Hi.

I got the best results reducing vibs using the original mounting pads. But now running out of it. Tesa mirror tape is great on Logos but other e.g. Soxos with a harder chassis will have higher tail vibrations. Is there a source for it because Skookum will buy it somewhere else also I am sure.

Cheers
Nils
augur is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2017, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use this pad
https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_n...72.m2749.l2658

works awesome for me...
gh
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2017, 03:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align also have a mounting gel, the same as what is mentioned above. I used that when I had 720's. I found it works better when the gel is under compression, so I used a battery strap with foam the same as you get in servo boxes between the strap and the 720 so the strap wasn't actualy touching the FLB.
Jeti DS-16. Whovian.
Necroscope is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2017, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its hard to source tape that is reliable and consistent as a company like Skookum has found. One batch, great, another, the adhesive fails. I lost my Comp 700 due to this a while back, and yeah I prepped the surfaces before taping. It just let go! Bye bye heli.
There are quite a few different affordable sources for good foam tapes even at the local hardware, hobby shop, and craft shop level in various densities and thicknesses from 3 to 6mm or so.. Worst case scenario is to have to use a more secure thin tape on each side of it if the adhesive is so so. Tried half a dozen different types of gels over the years and quit using them.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Its hard to source tape that is reliable and consistent as a company like Skookum has found. One batch, great, another, the adhesive fails. I lost my Comp 700 due to this a while back, and yeah I prepped the surfaces before taping. It just let go! Bye bye heli.
There are quite a few different affordable sources for good foam tapes even at the local hardware, hobby shop, and craft shop level in various densities and thicknesses from 3 to 6mm or so.. Worst case scenario is to have to use a more secure thin tape on each side of it if the adhesive is so so. Tried half a dozen different types of gels over the years and quit using them.
In case the gel adhesive lets go I secure mine with a small zip-tie that passes through silicone fuel tubing where it contacts the gyro. It also allows some compression of the gel.
Old 09-16-2017, 06:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alternativ Source for mounting pads

Quote:
Originally Posted by npomeroy View Post
In case the gel adhesive lets go I secure mine with a small zip-tie that passes through silicone fuel tubing where it contacts the gyro. It also allows some compression of the gel.

+1. same here! it's called "Milton" mod.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=282042

Carlos
CZorzella is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2017, 07:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have hard mounted all my units with 3m grey tape.

No unwanted issues and it will not fall off.

For the 720 I used one layer on the heli, vibration metal block, then another layer of tape then the unit...

No isssues and my vibes are very reasonable.
Shogun71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.