Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yakky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2017, 01:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Good deal?

Just got a brand new 270cfx for $230. Seemed like a smoking deal to me.
all blades so far: 120sr, mCPxv2, 130X(spin8800 & DS35 with BG flip mod), 300X, 450X(H3000, H5020G, Scorpion 2221-6), DX6i, DX8, and PhoenixV4. !!!THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!
grabsomeozone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds good to me, do they have another?

I would grab a spare at that price!

mCPX BL2
[Past - Goblin Speed | G420 | G380 | Mini Comet | 360CFX | 270CFX | 180CFX | Nano CPS]
treys1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2017, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a great deal I paid $300 for mine
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome deal.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2017, 06:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you post a link , I want to purchase it at that price
tomasito is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2017, 09:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

That was the last one. Bought it at a hobby store called Rc buyers warehouse in nashua nh. They're going out of business. Still haven't maidened it
all blades so far: 120sr, mCPxv2, 130X(spin8800 & DS35 with BG flip mod), 300X, 450X(H3000, H5020G, Scorpion 2221-6), DX6i, DX8, and PhoenixV4. !!!THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ON THIS SITE FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!
grabsomeozone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool. 270 is a good heli from what I've seen. Think the swash wearing out and getting sloppy rather quick is the only issue.

Believe it was recently discontinued but that's no big deal. HH still stocks parts for ages after they're discontinued.

Nice find
Old 09-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomasito View Post
Can you post a link , I want to purchase it at that price
Just build an Oxy 3, it will be a much much better heli. Black Friday is coming around very soon, Oxy will likely have kits under $200 as they did in years past. Add a Turnigy 2215H, YEP30A, KST215s and the FBL of your choice and you'll have an awesome heli for just a bit more.
frankiexp2 likes this.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2017, 01:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went with the Oxy as well. More blade options, 3 4 or 6s and easier to work on especially swapping servos but $230 bnf is a great deal.

I probably would have snatched it up too then checked my heli dust bin to see if I could find a swash and set of main grips that would work on it. Could drill out the bolt hole to get Oxy3​ blades to work but main blades are one part I'd rather not modify.

Get a good swash and be able to use any 300 class blades on the 270 and you'd have a nice machine. Now that it's been discontinued part prices will probably start going down.which is always nice.

Even if you can't find an aftermarket swash that works Motion RC has stock ones on sale. Buy a couple spares and you should be set for a while and only have about $270 into your 270.

Only bad thing will be the pisspoor resale value on discontinued Blade helis. No prob there, just keep it
Old 01-10-2018, 04:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just paid $199
DCPlumber5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked one up from HH when they put the last of them on a discontinued sale, but don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was around the $250.00 mark. Love the way it flies, but the Pulse 1050mAh batteries I got for it don't fit with the canopy @ all. The elite battery works fine, but has over 10 ohms resistance on all the cells as new.
FloridaAKM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2018, 01:32 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The cheapest I saw was $299.00 with a $40.00 coupon.Grabbing a new one for $199.00 is insane. That's the price of a AR7210bx.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
I picked one up from HH when they put the last of them on a discontinued sale, but don't remember exactly what I paid for it, but it was around the $250.00 mark. Love the way it flies, but the Pulse 1050mAh batteries I got for it don't fit with the canopy @ all. The elite battery works fine, but has over 10 ohms resistance on all the cells as new.
For me, the eflite packs were the worst packs I have ever used. Actually had one that nearly caught fire in flight. They puff up after only 10 charges. Just about ANY brand you get will be better, IMO.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2018, 02:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
For me, the eflite packs were the worst packs I have ever used. Actually had one that nearly caught fire in flight. They puff up after only 10 charges. Just about ANY brand you get will be better, IMO.
I had no problem with my E flite batteries , of course I know how to charge them , you really shouldn't charge a 3s battery at a 6s rate ... I guess some guys don't get that ...
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2018, 07:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
I had no problem with my E flite batteries , of course I know how to charge them , you really shouldn't charge a 3s battery at a 6s rate ... I guess some guys don't get that ...
I think they puff up if you are hard on them (high amps) or take them down to a low voltage. They are very long lasting batteries if you have minimal demands on them, I have some a couple that are over 7 years old. They're getting tired but fine for backyard fun.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did beat up on them...leaving them charged for long periods of time was the only thing. I didn't know how to spell 6s at that time. In the beginning of my flying, the 3s packs I had for the 200 and then 230 I wasn't yet good at battery management. I never charged over a 1c rate and usually lower, however. Despite leaving them charged all the time they performed ok, but you could notice their decay pretty fast over time. I purchased a few nano-tech 950s to get a few extra packs and treated them the same way. I never noticed the decline in those packs despite the same treatment and actually still have quite a few of those packs still that I fly with the Oxy 2 that have well over 200 cycles and still going strong - some close to 300.

I put over 1100 flights on the 230 between the two that I flew. The eflite packs lasted through a hundred or so cycles for most of them (I think I had 8 of them). After I learned about reading IR and took readings on them, they all ended up shelved. The other thing was the 800mah packs that I had cost $27 today. Nano-tech 950s cost $12 and used to be less than $10. By cost and performance and after having a near in-flight fire, I moved on.

Just citing my experience with those packs. Others may differ.

For this particular model, eflite may have been all that fit for some time and if you are forced not much you can do. With the G280 coming out, there are possibly more and better options and possibly even cheaper.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep

Last edited by jrman83; 01-19-2018 at 09:08 AM..
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in