Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 02:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really really hoping for full Tx integration.
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hoping for full TX integration as well, that would have me selling my 750's for the new model. I would think with the similarities in the 14SG, 16SZ, 18SZ, and 18MZ, that this is the way they would be going. Time will tell I guess.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree that a programing box is old school. Some guys prefer an app and some will prefer a box. I prefer the box over an app but thatīs just me.
I think futaba will sell the gyro with no receiver for people that have no futaba radios and also because the gyro with no receiver will be cheaper. Thatīs why a programing box will be needed.
Felino is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2017, 07:46 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMcN View Post
Resent convert, I'm going to wear a last Members Only jacket to the field.

Programming pod is old old school. Bluetooth direct to a phone or computer app.
New school isn't always better.

morse vs sms (0 min 30 sec)

Full version:

https://www.wimp.com/neat-experiment/
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2017, 08:32 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It kinda sucks i love the onboard display of the cgy 750 do t wanna have to lug around a program box in my case
Synergy Field Rep The Nation 267
Superior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 08:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting.

I wonder if they will add rescue and retain the governor function.

On my gassers I use a setup of R7008 RX, s.bus connected to a BD3sx (to get the rescue) and a GV1 governor (since it works great on gas, and the store RPM readout helps in tuning the needles).

Something like this if they adopt rescue could let me replace all 3 and go to a 1 box solution. It would be nice to keep the onboard screen for thinks like governor readout (useful for needle tuning on nitro/gas), or else have TX integration to read that info via telemetry.
, Futaba 18SZ
jharkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Acctual for me , I dont care much how you program it.
All I know is that Futaba is also going to focus on F3C with the CGY760 software, ( heard that from Masatoshi Iso ), thats all I need to hear to get one my self. Everything else is pure bonus for me as FAI guy.
Only systems IMHO that has a good/natural feeling for FAI style precisions hovering is JRs TAGS ( rip ) and Futabas CGY750.
Couldent care less about rescue, governor function, bluethooth, built in electric toothbrush etc.
But that just me I guess

F3C is still big in Japan and in some other Asian countrys, Futaba is going to fill a gap after JR died and push the envelope for us FAI guys. This alone make me happy and ready to support them

Last edited by devilfish; 10-10-2017 at 01:28 PM..
devilfish is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something to say about the simplicity of AR7200/CGY unit programming. I'd prefer programming by something I already take to field. Not say that a well thought out programming box is out. Added cost too.

lol Mr. Dude try sending a picture,
devilfish likes this.

Last edited by DanMcN; 10-11-2017 at 12:25 PM..
DanMcN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it has possibilities but this probably will be a closed system for Futaba only. Unfortunately my cgy 750 died due to an unknown reason. But since I have a futaba T18SZ I could try this thing again if it will be programmable from the transmitter.

I always liked the feel since 1.3 if it has possibility to make it locked in and has the possibility to work with any ESC it would be interesting.

Sent from my AOSP on Manta using Tapatalk
MrEmail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2017, 05:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfish View Post
Acctual for me , I dont care much how you program it.
All I know is that Futaba is also going to focus on F3C with the CGY760 software, ( heard that from Masatoshi Iso ), thats all I need to hear to get one my self. Everything else is pure bonus for me as FAI guy.
Only systems IMHO that has a good/natural feeling for FAI style precisions hovering is JRs TAGS ( rip ) and Futabas CGY750.
Couldent care less about rescue, governor function, bluethooth, built in electric toothbrush etc.
But that just me I guess

F3C is still big in Japan and in some other Asian countrys, Futaba is going to fill a gap after JR died and push the envelope for us FAI guys. This alone make me happy and ready to support them
I only use the CGY750 on my F3C competition machine and had only just brought a second unit to setup my backup machine, that might have been a bit of a mistake with a new version on the way now. I am happy to hear they are going to continue to focus on F3C, I just hope they have an open solution so I can continue to use my Jeti Tx with its SBus output.

I would like a BT connection to be able to configure and save setups on my phone and PC, while a separate box or the built in display are ok, I find the screen on my phone is more readable and easier to access when doing tuning at the field. The ablility to see more than just a single setting at a time would also be helpful.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2017, 12:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney Kirstine View Post
Programming box!? One thing I really like about the CGY-750 is that I don't need to plug it into anything to program it. Maybe this one will have full integration with some Futaba transmitters and the programming box is for use with non-compatible transmitters?
With any of the latest FBL you don't have to 'plug anything in'. Most now have full tx integration or failing that Bluetooth to your smart phone.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Zero of them have full integration with any Futaba transmitters.

I'm fine with Bluetooth and an Android app. I would rather not have to add a separate Bluetooth dongle, though. I have a few Brain2 units with integrated Bluetooth.

Since there isn't any real information on this CGY-760 and they do show it with a programming box, we really don't know if full transmitter integration is the plan and what transmitters it will be compatible with if it does have integration. If one has to use the programming box then it definitely has to have that plug into it for programming since there is no display and buttons on it like the CGY-750.
shlm likes this.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

unless its Bluetooth , which would solve the integration problem
Anthony
Old 10-18-2017, 09:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If Futaba is listening. There is no other option other than full integration with higher end Tx's. If an external device is needed for setup I can choose any other brand on the market.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnlh View Post
If Futaba is listening. There is no other option other than full integration with higher end Tx's. If an external device is needed for setup I can choose any other brand on the market.
That's exactly right, and my sentiments as well.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnlh View Post
But why can't we have both? Integrate with high end Futaba radios but also have preferably an App for people who don't want to use a Futaba Tx.

The Brain2 for example has integration with the Jeti and Spektrum Tx as well as BT for phone/tablet or PC and wired connection for PC as well. Not suggesting Futaba should integrate with other Transmitters but it is totally practical for them to offer both integration with their Tx and other convenient ways of tuning. This alone is one reason I won't buy a Neo controller, the lock-in mentality doesn't really help anyone, people who like Futaba will still buy Futaba transmitters, but opening it up will let others continue to use the Futaba FBL unit.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
But why can't we have both? Integrate with high end Futaba radios but also have preferably an App for people who don't want to use a Futaba Tx.
//Dennis.
This is Futaba you're talking about. 😀
Old 10-19-2017, 12:06 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm wondering why the lack of Futaba integration with the likes of Spirit and Brian/iKon. I'm guessing this is because Futaba dont want to work with these guys.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

The Brain2 for example has integration with the Jeti and Spektrum Tx as well as BT for phone/tablet or PC and wired connection for PC as well. Not suggesting Futaba should integrate with other Transmitters but it is totally practical for them to offer both integration with their Tx and other convenient ways of tuning. This alone is one reason I won't buy a Neo controller, the lock-in mentality doesn't really help anyone, people who like Futaba will still buy Futaba transmitters, but opening it up will let others continue to use the Futaba FBL unit.

//Dennis.
Jeti is not an "Open" system so that may be a deterrent in integrating with their TXs.
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

//Dennis.
Sure, personally I would be fine with that. Just don't want to have some proprietary extra box or some poorly working phone app I would need to program it.

If its completely integrated with one of their transmitters that would be great.

When I started using the cgy, transmitter programing wasn't a thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.