Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mnipjy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Angry Custom mcpx loosing power when under load

XP-7A with blhel flashed, mcpx V2, 300 mah batteries, HP05S motor and dx6i

Pitch curve linear 0-100, throttle curve only 50% throttle. Pitch travel adjustment: 75% up

When I power up my heli in IU, it spools up fine, but once it's in the air and I apply a bit too much pitch, it powers down and falls. This happens even more when I am at 70% TC.

Attached is my blheli setup.

Thanks again for any help, I am really at a loss and this heli has brought me nothing but problems
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	724683  
Reymundo911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

First off I'd like to recommend you to reset esc settings to default and turn off the governor.
And checkup zero pitch satatus to make sure the positive pitch is not too much at the upper throttle position.
If your problem persists, change the battery with better one.
Power circular system also could be critical in this kind of issue, I mean there should be no cold soldering at all joints and all the conditions of connentors should be fine.
You could also suspect cables since there could be a possibility of inner cut at some cables which causes significant current deficiency.
And lastly, if all these mathods don't work, I must say that your esc is the problem, maybe one of the FETs is harmed under like high temperature and if so the power must be absolutely weak.
Reymundo911 likes this.

Last edited by mnipjy; 10-05-2017 at 04:01 AM..
mnipjy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2017, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

So I ended up trying every blheli version from 11 up, resetting everything to default, turning on and off the governor. I even baught a new 3n1 because I thought the problem was the board where the power was connected.

Now I know that everything is soldered correctly. I really hope the issue is not my esc, the guy I baught it from (megasmicros) never answers any of his emails -.-

Does anyone have any other ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks so much.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check your battery, I fly mine with 550mah packs and get about 5 min flight time (dual brushless). It sounds like your draining the battery and it shuts down the electronics (brown out). 300mah packs would be almost too small for any meaningful flight, say a few minutes at most. Pix of setup below

Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2017, 12:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have some 550's but unfortunately they react the same way. Are there any other blheli esc alternatives for the MCPX?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
Old 10-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So sorry your problem has not been solved.
Considering all your descriptions, your esc may have been harmed as I mentioned, but I cannot 100% sure about that of course.
You have to make sure your heli is in the best condition mechanically, I mean no bent shaft (main and feathering), main blades should be well balanced, no stripped gear and so on.
And the gear ratio should be not too high.
If the number of pinion teeth is more than 9, you'd better to lower it to like 8t (or even 7t if possible) before replace expensive parts.

If you're gonna change your esc into other models that's also a good move.
I would recommend emax 6a, which is almost identical with xp 7a, or mx-10a, which is one of the most common esc for mcpx.
Emax 6a is cheap so you can buy several at a time only if you can wait for a relatively long shipping duration.
(https://www.banggood.com/EMAX-BLHeli...l?rmmds=search)
MX 10a is more expensive but reliable esc I think so I would like to recommend you to buy this one first.
(https://hobbyking.com/en_us/brushles...elicopter.html)
Both use xp-7a firmware.

Last edited by mnipjy; 10-23-2017 at 07:53 AM..
mnipjy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you have a bad motor? What happens when you power it up without load, i.e. no head?
Trex 550E FS Vbar Pro 5.2- EXI-450T Mini Vbar Pro 5.2 - EXI 450T BeastX - Trex 250SE - mCPx v1 Hp05 & HP06 w/HP03t tails - AMA #952544
Starcruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would go over it in detail one more time before buying more stuff. I would bet it is a broken wire or a cold solder somewhere. And if the batteries have had some use on them buy a new one first. If it Is not the batteries then you have an extra. Check the motor for for broken wire strands also. That is common and would cause your problem. Going over it one more time could save you some $$$

Tags
blheli, mcpx, power loss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.