Is the CGY-750 discontinued? - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good luck with the repair. I been waiting for a replacement BLS273 since September. First they said it would be October before more were in, then it was changed to November, just the other day I looked and they are saying late January. WTF Futaba!! I ended up paying full price from someone that had it in stock so I can get my heli back up and going. Maybe it's time to look at a different brand.
RCHN #633
Grimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2017, 10:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a faulty MKS servo and sent it back. It took over a month before it returned. They gave me a new one, but I had to buy one to fly while I was waiting. I guess that's just the way it goes.
Previously i had sent my 14mz in and it was returned within a week.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks like at this point that the BeastX might be my next unit itís made in Germany and seem easy enough to set up only thing is I bought a designated Futaba transmitter 14SGH for the cgy750.
glennwil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL9KPCM View Post
The RC website, the JP website never has anything of any value on it.
Ok, but again, the "-rc" website is owned by Hobbico... So it wont tell you whether or not something is truly discontinued by Futaba. It will only tell you whether or not Hobbico imports it to North America.

There are a number of Futaba (and OS) products that are still produced and sold in Japan/Europe that never get imported here. Examples include the governor only GY701, some tray style Futaba transmitters (mostly sold in Europe), the old OS GT15HZ heli engine, and so on.
, Futaba 18SZ
jharkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennwil View Post
It looks like at this point that the BeastX might be my next unit itís made in Germany and seem easy enough to set up only thing is I bought a designated Futaba transmitter 14SGH for the cgy750.
And? You can still use your 14SG with any other gyro - I use them with Bavarian Demon's, Ive seen guys use them with VBar's and Icon's also.

The only thing you might loose is if the BeastX doesn't allow you to use separate channels for remote gains/bank switching/etc then the 14SG gyro menu wont be of much help.
, Futaba 18SZ
jharkin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2017, 04:25 AM   #26 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

The Gyro menu on Futaba still works nice for tail gain without the CGY750. I use a single gyro channel for that on HC3SX and it gives me switching of gain plus dial adjustment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.