Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default blade 400 training gear

Hey guys,

Well my buddy just bought a blade 400 last night, but because he is a noob still, he requires some landing gear. Any good ideas on how to make some up?

Any ideas appreciated!

Jer

PS. I was thinking of just cutting some 1/4" dowel, and attaching some ping pong balls on the ends?
jlsider@rogers.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not trying to be a smart donkey or anything, but a quick search in the B400 threads and else where will give you a ton of ideas. I have some photos in my photo album of how I made mine and there is a thread here some where on how I did it.
HeliMix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 09:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is mine.
https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...9&d=1213496708

Just keep the materials light.
Swashmix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Start with a 48" long 0.240" diameter carbon fibre tube. Cut it in half with a hacksaw, clean up the ends, and mark the middle of each tube with a sharpie.

Get some 2" open cell foam balls from a craft/sewing/flower store. Use a ball point pen to start a hole, then sink them all the way onto the ends of the tubes. Remove balls, slop some carpenter's glue on the ends of the tube, replace balls and let dry.

First tube goes behind and under the aft left strut, then in front of and over the forward right strut. Cable tie it in place, center it, then give it two wraps of electrical tape to keep it from slipping fore and aft.

Second tube goes behind and under the aft right strut, then in front of and under the forward left strut. Cable tie in place, center it, then give it two wraps of electrical tape to keep it from slipping fore and aft.

$15 and 15 minutes later... good enuf. takes abuse.
xspare is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade co gear works pretty good for me. Not very big but a lot better than nothing
KHoff7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in