Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 250 servos

I have a trex 250 (base, not se but all aluminum rotor head) that I picked up that was a complete airframe plus the electronic components not installed. The servos that were included were ds415m?s that were too big to fit in the airframe. They were too wide and I didn?t want to get of the files to make them fit. What is a good replacement for the ds410?s that are meant for the heli. Looking at the specs the ds410 has a lot of torque but is that overkill for a 250 because those servos were also used in the 450? Trying to stay in the budget I?m looking at corona ds-919-mg?s but they stall at 1.7kg and a 410 stalls at 2.5.
Tug Driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

1.7Kg is fine, just make sure you run them @ 6.0V.

Those coronas are not full metal gear, they have one plastic gear which tends to break in a crash. So try not to crash.
ChopDrifter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure why you can't fit the ds415m, I have those in mine, fit in the old SE frames and the new pro frames.

They are meh ... servos, they work great for me however have a ton of play after a few flights.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueadlunnRau View Post
Not sure why you can't fit the ds415m, I have those in mine, fit in the old SE frames and the new pro frames.

They are meh ... servos, they work great for me however have a ton of play after a few flights.
My frame is pre SE. they are too tall to fit the offset cuts and I didnt want to file.

I ended up getting an offer accepted on 3 turnigy tss-10mg servos on eBay so I?ll be giving them a try. They are pretty close to the specs of the ds410 but no ball bearing. If they are sloppy they?ll get pulled out for something else.

On a second note, how much drag should there be on the radial bearing in the swash plate from cyclic input? This one seems kind of ?tight? so if the swash won?t self center once it?s been set up I may have to replace it.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

IMO the Spektrum 3050/3060 can't be beat for the cyclic and tail. They're pretty much the lightest metal gear servos with decent specs. Weight is everything on the 250.

https://kc3dprint.com - 3D Printing on Demand and 3D Printed RC Helicopter Parts and Upgrades
Keith - MSH Brain2 Beta Team
Number is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Emax 08's are a fine budget option if you want something that is pretty light, durable and a great value. $18 for a set of 3.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug Driver View Post
On a second note, how much drag should there be on the radial bearing in the swash plate from cyclic input? This one seems kind of ?tight? so if the swash won?t self center once it?s been set up I may have to replace it.
Mine is pretty loose, prolly from the 100s of flights I have though, maybe some triflow and a couple of hovering flights to see if it loosens up?

As for centering, I gave up on precision on this heli, the DS410s are horrible for centering and usually fly in some wind so my heli bobs all the time anyway, I pretty much used her as a means for muscle memory on always being on the sticks keeping her where I want her.

Now I am thinking about getting a good set of cyclics ... my first CP does deserve some new love.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
Emax 08's are a fine budget option if you want something that is pretty light, durable and a great value. $18 for a set of 3.
Those emax servos look like a generic china version of the servos I got. The turnigy tss-10mg. They don?t have a bearing either it looks like the output just rides in the top cover. The turnigy is digital though.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Those emax servos look like a generic china version of the servos I got. The turnigy tss-10mg. They don?t have a bearing either it looks like the output just rides in the top cover. The turnigy is digital though.
Generic version of Turnigy? I didn't think it was possible to get more generic than Turnigy. In case you don't know, Turnigy is the house brand of Hobby King.

https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-E...1893200201507N

They are digitial and have a pretty good reputation on RCG for use as 450D03 replacements.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

AFAIK, the Turningy servos are all re-brands. Some are KST and some are made by a company called Henge (Wuxi Henge Electronic Co., Ltd.). I haven't used them myself, but I've read people like them.

I bought a Trex 250 Pro DFC kit some time ago and it came with Align branded servos, DS416M and DS424M. Didn't like those servos much at all. They were heavy and one burned out. They didn't center well and had a lot of slop. Align servos are made by Savox and I've since avoided that brand of servo because of that.

I have an Oxy 2 now and have retired the Trex 250. That one has Lynx servos. They're pretty good actually, happy with them, but they're relatively expensive, though the all plastic ones are a lot cheaper. Those are actually made by a company called Blue Arrow and they seem to make pretty good servos, not widely available though, World leading MIBLservo tech innovation
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2017, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Generic version of Turnigy? I didn't think it was possible to get more generic than Turnigy. In case you don't know, Turnigy is the house brand of Hobby King.

They are digitial and have a pretty good reputation on RCG for use as 450D03 replacements.
I mean they are generic regardless of who sells them. It?s a generic out of China servo.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I mean they are generic regardless of who sells them. It?s a generic out of China servo.
I've purchased just about every micro sized servo out there in the <$20 range, can't say anything I own is exactly like the Emax, so no, I don't think they are generic micro servos. In fact if you find another source of servo horns let me know, the only ones that fit are Emax.
Old 10-26-2017, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know about Emax servos, but their multi rotor motors are top notch ... like they had some game changing motors come out that forced everyone else to up their game.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the turnigy servos. The drive spline is so high above the mounting tabs that the angle of the pushrods to the swash plate were so extreme I had to take off a frame plate and mount the servo tabs inside the frame but the geometry of the linkage is correct.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Exact part number? I might want to try it.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005h4 View Post
Exact part number? I might want to try it.

I've since purchased a couple of sets, they are nice for the $. No one is going to confuse them for $20 servos, but they'll get the job done and are way nicer than the Eflite D76 stuff.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I've since purchased a couple of sets, they are nice for the $. No one is going to confuse them for $20 servos, but they'll get the job done and are way nicer than the Eflite D76 stuff.
Thank you.
straight replacement? rotating same direction as Align servo's?
Old 12-04-2017, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you.
straight replacement? rotating same direction as Align servo's?
Size wize, they should be a direct fit but I'm not sure on the FBL setup, it would be foolish to not go through the setup again. And FWIW, order 4 in case you get a bad one or need a spare.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Setting up is easy not that difficult on 3gx mrs fbl. But concern is servo’s need to be rotating same direction as Align servo’s. Or I have to disassembled servo, and reversed the few wires by re-soldering it, which I am not comfortable doing it.
I might pay extra, and get the all 3 Align DS416m servo’s on ebay …..
Old 12-04-2017, 09:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Setting up is easy not that difficult on 3gx mrs fbl. But concern is servo’s need to be rotating same direction as Align servo’s. Or I have to disassembled servo, and reversed the few wires by re-soldering it, which I am not comfortable doing it.
I might pay extra, and get the all 3 Align DS416m servo’s on ebay …..
Ah, understood.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in