U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved... - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Spirit FBL system

Spirit FBL system Spirit FBL System Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2017, 09:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved...

My U Spirit is installed in an Oxy 2. It has worked fine until now.(About 2months in Oxy) It has been set up with a Spektrum DX9 and Spektrum remote Sat. I wanted to try an FR Sky X4R receiver in the Oxy 2 with my QX7. All polarity was correct between the Rud channel on the Spirit and the adapter cable to the X4R. It binds fine, all functions are correct except throttle. When throttle hold is on, everything is fine. When I activate throttle and move the throttle stick the Talon 25 esc continually resets as does the U Spirit. I have done a complete reset on the U Spirit and reset all the parameters no difference. Also checked all the settings on the Talon
25 parameters, and redid throttle calibration. Does exactly the same thing when i switch back to my DX9 with Spektrum remote sat.

Any suggestions? Has the U Spirit failed? Talon 25 failed etc?

Thanks very much for the input!!

Tom
TomSchwyn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2017, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

answer:
Spirit System ? View topic - U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved...
Old 10-31-2017, 10:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have to agree to this specially since it has been working flawlessly for the past two months. Shorted/ bummed fbl is also low in the list due to history of no reversed polarity.

If I would hazard a guess, it could be the cable pins on the fbl side. I once had a shutdown when flying one of my O2 and wondered what happened. Tried repeating it statically (no blades) and only got it once i was at full bore throttle. I noticed that one of the pins was not fully inserted (I crimped my own custom cables). Did not happen again once reinserted.

Please report back once you find out the problem. I got a number of Spirits and also people I know who own them. Thanks

As always, awesome support!

Last edited by e92.M3; 10-31-2017 at 10:59 AM..
e92.M3 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2017, 08:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved...

I have a new esc arriving today. I will report back if that solves the issue. I still haven't determined what caused the issue to begin with.

Tom
Old 11-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved...

I have replaced my esc (Talon 25) with a Hobbywing 25 amp v4. Now U Spirit operates ok with one issue remaining. I can't get Banks to operate. Bank is assigned to Ch 7 , Stabi Function is assigned to Ch 8. The Bank function moves fine under the Diagnostic tab for all 3 banks. I can also see the banks changing on my monitor screen in my Spektrum DX9.
Banks worked fine for bailout prior to my Castle Talon 25 failing.

Any suggestions on what I'm missing?

Thanks very much for the assistance!!

Tom
Old 11-04-2017, 12:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, what does not work exactly? I think you did not say...
Old 11-04-2017, 06:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile Smile U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved.

The original issue was constant reset of my Castle Talon 25 and U Spirit in my Oxy2 when throttle was increased. I verified that the Castle did the same thing in another heli. I replaced the Castle with a Hobbywing 25 amp V4. Everything works correctly, except now I can't get the Banks/Bailout to work at all. All channels are working properly in the Spirit diagnostic, as well as Spektrum DX9 . (See Tomas's suggestions above) I have re flashed the Spirit to both 2.4.2 and 2.4.3 fw, and no change. I can't find anything that I have changed in my Spektrum DX9 as well. At this point I'm going to try re-setting the Spirit back to factory defaults and re-load all the programming data manually, rather than from previously saved data file. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I hope I don't have to return the U Spirit to Tomas, as I live in the midwest in the USA, and cold weather is almost here. All my other helis have Spirits, so I guess I will fly them if that is needed.

Thanks for any advice!!

Tom
Old 11-04-2017, 08:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

Spirit System ? View topic - U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved...
Old 11-04-2017, 12:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSchwyn View Post
Everything works correctly, except now I can't get the Banks/Bailout to work at all.
Tom, in which sense it does not work? You still did not say!
Old 11-04-2017, 06:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bailout not engaging...

CoCo66

Bailout didn't engage when I pushed the assigned button.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile U Spirit Continually resets when Throttle stick s moved...

Found it! My son emailed me his DX9 file from his Oxy2. I saw that Bailout momentary switch was not causing bailout to engage on my transmitter, but was on his. All DX9 files appeared to be identical between the transmitters. All I can think of is that my DX9 file somehow had gotten corrupted.

I loaded his DX9 file into my transmitter, made the few small changes I had for my DX9, and bailout worked!!!

Thanks Tomas, and everyone for the suggestions!!

Tom
Old 11-08-2017, 10:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice. Thanks for the post back.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.