Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
I updated the stock ESC on one of my K110 to BlHeli 14.9 MAIN firmware and have logged about 50 packs so far.

The governing function is working beautifully (although it is hesitant to start up initially - need to fiddle with the settings). Running low headspeed is giving me 7 minutes hovertime with the HobbyKing Graphene 600mAhr batteries (ending @3.78V).

Thank you e92.M3 for paving this new ground! I tip my hat to you, sir.
Consistent flight eh?!

But Wow! Seven 7 minutes hover!? Not bad... The longest i can hover using the Goo's was 5 minutes. Hard 3D more of 3 minutes max with just enough time to land. I tried doing 3:30, i always hit low voltage cut off.
BUUUUUT... Three minutes of awesome flying from spool up to landing. All the way consistent.

Just added more lights in my backyard so i can fly more during winter even when it's late and the Oxy2s blade farts too noisy for the neighbors.

I should buy some of those Graphenes. I thought they were too heavy for the K110s.

Though, again, it was not my original idea. Some guys over at RCG have been doing it for awhile. I just wondered why it's not more common to those who fly these K110 regularly. Before any other mods this is the first i now recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome stuff! I'll do this for the 'spare' K110 I'm about to order.

I took a slightly different approach with my #1 bird and installed a different ESC (flashed with BL Heli). I love how it flies with governor!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/brushles...elicopter.html
Old 11-17-2017, 10:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
Awesome stuff! I'll do this for the 'spare' K110 I'm about to order.

I took a slightly different approach with my #1 bird and installed a different ESC (flashed with BL Heli). I love how it flies with governor!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/brushles...elicopter.html

Yeah, this was the same that was quoted here: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=792144

Originally planned on using that esc coz I thought I had one but wasn't able to find it. Actually, i good thing since that way by using the original esc it cuts down the amount of soldering that needs to be done.

There's a dude over at RCG who compared these two, he basically said that performance was the same but the Hobbyking esc is about 4 grams heavier. Either way it's a great mod.

I've been flying my three K110's every single day since last month. Hundreds of flights between the three plus a NIB as spare. Already did three more K110 conversions for a couple of fellows who didn't know how to solder (of course for free).

Last edited by e92.M3; 11-17-2017 at 11:05 AM..
e92.M3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2017, 01:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's a great little machine! I finally managed to hurt mine enough to put it out of business till I get some spares, but it took a lot of abuse.

XK-K110: I finally broke it! (2 min 49 sec)
HateTheDrake likes this.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look at that tail.. That tail hold and the heli's overall toughness was what made me decide to forego all the rest of my micro helis.. mainly mcpxs. cps, cpx, 150 dfcs as the main ones. And a number of non-mainstream micros. Just gave them away. When the 150x came out, I didn't bother with it instead I started to look how I can make the K110 better (reason i found the BLheli mod;but took awhile). Even all local fliers that I know that do micros finally believed how good the K110 was. In my humble opinion, the next step up heli after the K110 is the OXY2. With others it's just a waste of time and money.

Just a couple of days ago while in my backyard, I hit a bunch of branches like that because I forgot the tree was bare of leaves (fall). No damage though. Just a slipped gear.

Can you post close up pics? Just want to see what you did with the tail boom. Anyhow, have you upgraded to the SUT tail motor? A worthwhile upgrade since it's very cheap and performance benefit is very noticeable. The very first one that I've done almost a year ago is still running great.

Try these too: https://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V931...r_warehouse=CN I like them a bit compared to the stock. Very cheap too (thirty individual blades for 7.49).

Last edited by e92.M3; 11-17-2017 at 02:37 PM..
Old 11-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92.M3 View Post
Look at that tail.. That tail hold and the heli's overall toughness was what made me decide to forego all the rest of my micro helis.
I know, that is what most shocks me about this thing. Well, that and the really good control feel, which I know is very subjective. But in my opinion, it's damn near VBar good!

I haven't tried that tail motor, thanks for the tip! I'll add it to my cart now, as well as those blades. I'm almost out of stock ones.

Here's a slightly older pic of it with the bright colors. It's just fluorescent sign vinyl on the boom, canopy, and fin, but it really helps. Since that photo was taken I've also added some 3M Scotchlite strips to the canopy, boom and blades for night flying. When I wear an LED spotlight on my head, it lights up almost as well as having real night blades and LEDs on the heli!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xkk110.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	729130  
Old 11-17-2017, 03:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice. I will definitely try that vinyl coz by the looks of it the strips are light enough to not affect cog/ tail even if they are 7mil. You just gave me some ideas about lighting: might change my backyard lighting that i just added into LED.

I might add more must have Mods that i have recently been testing (aside from those that were mentioned in this sub-forum). But i'll only post them if they are really worthwhile, big impact to performance and easy to do.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:10 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sign vinyl is very thin and light, thinner than trim Monokote (and a lot cheaper!). I noticed no change in flight performance or CG.

The trick with the reflective tape only works if the light source is very close to your line of sight (directly behind you, or on your head). Otherwise, the reflected light goes off in the directly of the light source and you won't see it. I tried that experiment years ago for "floodlight flying" and it was a failure. It wasn't until a friend pointed out how the reflected light is sent back to the source that the light bulb came on. (heh)
Old 11-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah. Kinda realized that shortly after posting. I have this though https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01LZ...rb_top?ie=UTF8
which i use when running early in the morning. I think it's 5k or 6k lumens. Pretty bright.

About those vinyl, can you confirm if they come 1 color per order or a mixture of different colors?

I see that u were using T6J controller for K110. I'm not familiar with it but with the Taranis X9D which i am using i was able to come up with a mix + special switch function that mimics a rescue function similar to bavariandevil, spirit and brain. I'm still testing and will post it once i'm pretty sure about its actual performance. So far it will only effectively rescue as long as the swash is within positive side of the horizon. Beyond that it doesn't work.... yet.

Last edited by e92.M3; 11-17-2017 at 08:10 PM..
Old 11-17-2017, 08:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That pack comes with the variety of colors.

I just got an iRangeX multi module for my Taranis, I'm messing with it right now trying to get it to bind with my Blade 200QX, then I'll move on to other things.

I've messed around with flipping the K110 into "6G" mode while inverted. It just pops into a stable inverted hover.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup. That's what i did but I added some mixes and a special switch function that when activated the swash locks into a positive pitch for rescue while on 6G. It's just weird when the swash was past the horizon it won't rescue properly. Perhaps because the "horizon" is hardcoded during the 6G calibration unlike with the real fbl's with rescue where horizon is set on power up. I might add an LUA script that will "swing the swash around" when activated prior to positive pitch and 6G. I just need to learn how to work with LUA scripts.

Thanks for the info re: just ordered the set u linked.

Last edited by e92.M3; 11-17-2017 at 09:13 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, are there any video's out there on how to do this mod?
JAG1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2017, 06:50 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG1 View Post
Hi, are there any video's out there on how to do this mod?
With this exact heli with the same exact mod: none so far. In case you got more questions on how to do it, feel free to post them here.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you put up a screen shot of your settings that you found to be best.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
3dplank is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dplank View Post
Can you put up a screen shot of your settings that you found to be best.

Got three different settings for three different k110. Will try to post them tomorrow night coz i' m currently out of town.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's cool. Still waiting on the slowboat. Lol

Old 11-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try and look for my second one once i get home and send it to you. But in case i dont find it if u want u can borrow mine that was posted above. Just send it back once you're done. PM me your address.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, but it should be here any day now.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 11-27-2017, 07:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my usb connector today wont get to work on it till the weekend though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in