Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 09:16 AM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi nate, please forgive my oversight in my last post. The advice I gave was correct for my cable, however I failed to notice you're cable is wired different. Credit to ridge runner for pointing this out.

So with you're cable, as it is in the picture you provide, you would connect....

Wire A to point 1
Wire B to point 3
Wire C to point 2

Last edited by Lotus 7; 04-02-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Lotus 7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

The other option you have, which I would do, is swap the red and yellow wires in the connector as in the picture below. As already mentioned you can plug the other end of the cable in or if you have cut the other end off you can use the following method - Using a sharp pointed tool (see pic) you can lift those little plastic fingers and slide the wires out. They slide back in easily.

With the wires arranged as they are in the photo below, the connections are made as follows....

Wire A to point 1
Wire B to point 2
Wire C to point 3

For me it keeps things a little more logical. However either method will work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180402_152420.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	741884   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180402_152104.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	741885  

Last edited by Lotus 7; 04-02-2018 at 11:06 AM..
Lotus 7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2018, 10:30 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree with RR and Lotus 7 - either plug the other end of the cable into the programmer or swap the cables around, at the moment it is incorrect....
Mikej is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2018, 09:21 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default usb programmer question

Hi,the usb programmer you linked to is no longer available,will this one work with the 110 board?

Great article on a great little heli,ty.
Moz. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finally Did It

Thanks for the previous help everyone provided with the wiring. It took 5 months for me to actually have time to sit down and do this, but I got BLheli flashed onto the K110 last night! That was the most precise solder job I have ever had to do!

Flashing did have a few hiccups. Took a few tries before it recognized the USB. Then, after I flashed, my first spool up was a fail. Nothing worked - took me a moment to realize the main rotor was spinning in the wrong direction! Got that corrected and made a hover flight late last night in the garage. Seems to be working.

Having said all that, I now have an embarrassing confession: I don't really understand how governor control works.

Ideally I want to setup as a few headspeeds in my tx (using flat throttle curves - 100%, 80%, 60% or something like that) to give the heli a number of 'banks' or idle up speeds to choose from.

In the settings under BLheli, the last line is Governor Target RPM with a slider. What do I do with that?

Also, the BLheli has a calibration sequence to tell the ESC what 100% throttle is. Do I need to do this?

Thanks for your patient replies.

Nate
natedg200202 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedg200202 View Post
That was the most precise solder job I have ever had to do!
Yeah, tricky isn't it

Quote:
In the settings under BLheli, the last line is Governor Target RPM with a slider. What do I do with that?
Just ignore it - it's not relevant

Quote:
Also, the BLheli has a calibration sequence to tell the ESC what 100% throttle is. Do I need to do this?
Is that a question or a statement? From memory there isn't any Gov learning / calibration sequence for BLHeli as there is for YGE / HW ESCs etc., however you do need to calibrate the ESC to the Tx as normal - i.e. Turn on Tx, use a 0 - 100 (or -100 to +100) TC. Throttle stick full throttle, power up ESC - get confirmation beeps, throttle to bottom, get confirmation beeps, power all off. Best to do the calibration without any blades (shouldn't spin motor but better safe than sorry).

You then select a flat throttle "curve" and adjust it up / down to get your desired headspeed
Old 01-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

This mod is fantastic! I'm re-psyched on my k110.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but set motor timing to low. For me, it gives bog-free performance. I found that any other motor timing yields less power.

Does this mod exist for the k120? I've been searching with no luck...
Grewrob is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 11:18 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi! i would like to flash my stock xk k110 esc with bheli. Is it possible to do it with tarot zyx programmer:
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/ZYX07...622717496.html
or this:
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/ESC-U...967056437.html ??
Carsonpoland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsonpoland View Post
Hi! i would like to flash my stock xk k110 esc with bheli. Is it possible to do it with tarot zyx programmer:
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/ZYX07...622717496.html
or this:
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/ESC-U...967056437.html ??
The Tarot won't but the Aliexpress one should as it says that it can work as a C2 toolstick and a ISP - I have not used this but the description looks good....

Compatible with SIMONK and BLHELI ESCs, BLHeli Bootloader Or SimonK BootLoader, Atmel or SiLabs chips! (with or without Bootloader), supports ISP and C2 mode. This allows you to change the Bootloader, flash new Firmware normally, change settings or fix then the Bootloader as not been installed. It is the ultimate Multi-functional esc tool

- Direct plug design, works with most USB port and USB extension cable
- Low power consumption design
- On board 2x3 Pin AVR ISP port
- 3pin servo connector, can be used as servo or C2 connection
- Supports SIMONK and BLHELI ESC, KKflashtool compatible
- KKflashtool and RapidFlash compatible
- Silabs CP2102 Driver chip! (Win,Mac,linux)
- Software upgrade-able (via Arduino or BLHELISUIT)
- Pre-load as BLHELISUIT 4w-if 14.1 firmware
Old 01-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello guys,

I'm trying to flash my XK K110 ESC, using an Arduino Uno as an interface, but I always get the message:
"Serial interface connected successfully. Connection to ESC failed"

What I did is soldering the 3 wires to the esc as in this picture:
https://www.helifreak.com/attachment...8&d=1509857339
Those are connected to my arduino uno, like here:
http://www.olliw.eu/uploads/owsilpro...heme-02-wp.jpg
I loaded the 4way interface onto my arduino, connected the wires, selected atmel blheli 4-way if, pressed connect (connects successfully), and then pressed Flash BLHeli.
After that I connect the lipo, I hear the main motor beeping constantly. (tried with both the heli's controller board connected to the esc, and disconnected too).
After a few seconds, the error message appears.

What could be wrong? Why can't the arduino connect to the esc?
FalloutBe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wandering if this little guy will suffice to flash BLHeli to my k110 Heli? I come from the days of double brushless mcpxs but always had a guy named nccraig do the flashing for me.

https://www.getfpv.com/usb-programme...nk-blheli.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ChrisPfligler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2019, 11:30 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPfligler View Post
Wandering if this little guy will suffice to flash BLHeli to my k110 Heli? I come from the days of double brushless mcpxs but always had a guy named nccraig do the flashing for me.

https://www.getfpv.com/usb-programme...nk-blheli.html

See the post 2 above - you need to be able to do 2 things with your programmer - firstly flash with BLHeli - you will need to connect via the C2 interface to do this, and then to programme it - you will need C2 again or possibly (if there is enough space to load the bootloader) you can program it with the ISP interface.

This tool that you have linked only supports ISP so can't be used for the initial loading of BLHeli, if you buy this Aliexpress one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESC-...76d9535ee7XU4V you should be able to do both operations with the same stick
Old 02-04-2019, 08:52 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
See the post 2 above - you need to be able to do 2 things with your programmer - firstly flash with BLHeli - you will need to connect via the C2 interface to do this, and then to programme it - you will need C2 again or possibly (if there is enough space to load the bootloader) you can program it with the ISP interface.

This tool that you have linked only supports ISP so can't be used for the initial loading of BLHeli, if you buy this Aliexpress one https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ESC-...76d9535ee7XU4V you should be able to do both operations with the same stick

Very cool. I appreciate it! Trying to get back into it but when I do get time all I want to do is fly, not tinker. Whos idea was that 5th kid anyway. 😏
Anyone offer a flash service? lol

Old 02-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPfligler View Post
Very cool. I appreciate it! Trying to get back into it but when I do get time all I want to do is fly, not tinker. Whos idea was that 5th kid anyway. 😏
Anyone offer a flash service? lol

I'd do it for you, but I'm in the UK , so not ideal
Old 02-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej View Post
I'd do it for you, but I'm in the UK , so not ideal

Thanks anyway! Im having a blast with this guy regardless. Thats more fine tuning. Im still in awe of how this thing flys stock.

Old 03-20-2019, 04:34 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
I've seen the SUT tail motor mentioned a few times in this thread. (great thread BTW!!) and I have ordered a couple for the two XK110's I have. I know the SUT tail motor is 7mm diameter, but is the stock tail motor also 7mm? Perhaps I need a tail motor mount too?

I have some previous experience flashing BLHeli when I build my BL nCPX , mCPX and also Align 150 DFC so I'm o.k. doing that, I've just not gotten round to it yet.

Cheers!!

MB

One year on from my last post, I finally got round to adding 3 pin connectors to two of the K110 ESC's I have so I could flash them.

I've flashed one, still to do the other one, but before I do.......

Forgive me, It's been a long while since I last played with BLHeli, so I can't remember. Once flashed, How do I do throttle calibration?

Is it Power up at full throttle stick, wait till it beeps, Lower throttle stick, wait till it beeps again, and then power down, or something like that?

LOL!! I really can't remember!!

MB

Last edited by Miracle Boy; 03-20-2019 at 05:00 PM..
Miracle Boy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in