Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Help with Mac minefield!

I am looking for a suitable sim, for my set up, and it seems to be a bit of a mindfield with both hardware and software availability.

I am using a 13" 2016 MBP, and would also like to use my Spektrum DX6i with the sim too, but there are loads of options available for dongles etc. And many are not clear whether or not they are supported on mac.

So ideally, if somebody can give a quick punch list of what I need that would be much appreciated then I can avoid destroying parts.
Lihp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Heli-X and neXt are arguably the most popular Mac OS compatible sims. AeroFly RC7 also runs on Mac OS, but it is not as popular. AccuRC currently only runs on Windows, but a Mac version is on the works. AccuRC is currently "on sale". If you purchase AccuRC, you will be able to download the Mac version for free when it gets released. If you plan to run a Windows based simulator on a Mac, those simulators tend to run better using BootCamp compared to the Windows emulators like Parallels or VMWare Fusion. These Windows compatible simulators include Phoenix, RealFlight, and AccuRC.

About the USB dongles, all of the sims mentioned work well with generic USB dongles except for Phoenix and RealFlight 7.5 and below. Both Phoenix and RealFlight 7.5 and below need proprietary "code-protected" USB dongles. The new RealFlight 8 works with generic USB dongles. AccuRC recommends using the AccuRC USB dongle, but that is just because the AccuRC USB dongle claims to be high quality with high resolution and lower latency compared to cheaper USB dongles, but AccuRC will work with "cheaper" USB dongles.

If you want to go wireless, RX2SIM is arguably the currently very best and most versatile option available to date. RX2SIM also functions as a USB interface for Spektrum/BeastX FBL units.
curmudgeon is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2017, 05:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I went with this wireless adapter which according to the listing I just need to download the HID Drivers for Mac.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OrangeRX-...53.m1438.l2649

I have been using a Heli-X demo with my Dad's windows laptop and Tx (he's learning to fly drones and I'm here visiting) So far I quite like it, but seems much harder than a real heli! maybe it's due to lack of depth perception?

I see lots of good things about neXt, but is it worth double the price vs Heli-X?
Lihp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in