Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2017, 08:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AS3X software question about gyro gain

Hey guys,

In an attempt to better understand the software/programming aspect of heli set-up, I've been taking a closer look at my AR636 Spektrum receiver on my 230s. I downloaded the app to my Iphone and connected my phone to the receiver to take a look at the settings. I noticed that my gyro settings for "Rate" (rate mode, I assume) and "Head" (heading hold, I assume) are both set at 50%. I was under the impression that these types of gyro set-ups implied that 1%-50% was assigned to rate mode, and 51%-100% was assigned to heading hold mode.
It would appear to me then that if my settings were as follows: Rate = 50% and Head = 50%, that would mean that my rate mode is all the way up, and my heading hold mode was all the way down.. I understand that rate mode gives the tail the "weathervane" effect, and heading hold mode will hold the tail wherever you last gave rudder input.
As far as I can tell, my 230s is flying like it is in heading hold mode. Very little tail drift and when I give rudder input, the tail is snappy and precise. Yet my settings in the receiver imply that I'm in rate mode.

Can I get a little help understanding these settings a little better?

Thanks, Joshua
joshloveshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can clear this up for you. You're basic understanding is correct, however you are getting a little confused between actual receiver setting and tx settings. It's understandable as it can be quite confusing.

Firstly not all receivers allow gyro adjustment from the transmitter. When adjustment is possible using transmitter, you have a setting on the rx and a setting on the tx. These two values will not allways match. The value on the tx is just an instruction to the rx. For example 50 on the tx may equal 0 on the rx or vice versa depending on make of both rx and tx. Some tx use 1-50 & 51-100 others may use -100-0 & 1-100.

The main thing to take from this is that the two values for rx & tx will not always match.

Rest assured you're 230 is in heading hold.
Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lotus,
Yes! That is exactly what I'm talking about. This particular rx does allow a tx to adjust gyro settings, and of course like you said, the values that are listed in the rx software do not make sense to me in reference to the gyro setup in my dx8g2. Truthfully, I'm still using the tx that came in the rtf package because I'm having difficulty setting up the dx8. I suppose I could talk with HH support to get a better idea of how to adjust gyro gain given these circumstances. Thanks for responding, Joshua
joshloveshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

I have tried numerous times to connect the AR636 to my phone app and at no time will it connect. The icon in the top right corner just keeps spinning and never stops. According to all that I have found out, only aircraft appear to be adjustable providing they were not locked out. If you have connected your Blade 230's AR636A to the phone app, how did you do it as I would love to know? Thanks.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the dx8g2 use the dx7/9/18 manual transmitter settings. You can also register your tx on spekturmrc.com and download the 230s dx8g2 model file as well.

The GER channel which has been used as the gyro gain channel in the past is used to select the flight mode (stability, intermediate and expert) on the 230s.

The actual tail rotor and cyclic gains can be adjusted by using the advanced parameters (towards the back of the 230s manual). Since the model is flying well on the DXe you don't need to make any adjustments.

The helicopter firmware won't connect to the mobile/pc app simply because its parameter set is different than the airplane firmware. Is it possible you installed the airplane firmware onto the receiver?

For the most part the tx settings such as dual rates and exp can be used to adjust to personal preferences and the advanced parameters in the back of the manual describe how to adjust the gains but these are generally only needed in extreme cases high or low altitude densities.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,
Brian Bremer
Horizon Hobby, LLC
brianbremer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Hi Brian:

I have flashed mine as a 230S receiver and it works just as expected. I was hoping that I could access other features and parameters through the app but it seems that it is not to be. Maybe in the future? I have this installed in a Blade CP Pro 2 chassis and it uses the motors, esc, head of the 230S, and a modified CP swash plate. It flies like no other CP, CP Pro, or Pro 2 I have ever flown. What a blast. Thanks for getting back to us here.

Don
Old 12-08-2017, 11:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

Brian, you might get a good laugh out of this. Here is my Blade CP Pro 2 FBL using the AR636 replacement receiver with the 230S firmware installed. I love this. Take care.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CPPro2 FBL 1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	731035  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in