Just ordered K110... - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By e92.M3
  • 1 Post By Cahdek
  • 1 Post By Mikej

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2017, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just ordered K110...

So I finally decided to pull the trigger and order an RTF K110 from gear best. I've been using my Nano CPX for indoor orientation and mild 3D training but have been frustrated by the tail wag and weak/short lasting main motor.

From all the reading I've done here, seems the K110 is the best "nano" sized CP heli for what I'm trying to do. I have larger helis as well (250CFX, 180CFX and 450x) but wanted a more reliable nano for messing around with and working on flips/rolls.

It got to the point where I was either going to take a chance on the HH brushless upgrade for nCPX or get something else. Decided to get something else...

Hopefully is doesn't disappoint

Last edited by Cahdek; 12-20-2017 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Corrected title
Cahdek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2017, 01:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome to the K110, brother.

As long as you have the proper perspective on what to expect at this size heli it won't disappoint specially that you were coming from nanos/ micros too. Once you get the hang of this heli's mechanics it will give you lots of great flying time.

I too had a lot of micros/ nanos. I used to own most of the mainstream ones and some oddballs except the ones that were introduced after the k110 came out. I still got some carcasses here after giving away most of them.
Now i only got three: all k110

Lots of tips and tricks here. Welcome to the sub-forum.
Cahdek likes this.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92.M3 View Post
Welcome to the K110, brother.

As long as you have the proper perspective on what to expect at this size heli it won't disappoint specially that you were coming from nanos/ micros too. Once you get the hang of this heli's mechanics it will give you lots of great flying time.

I too had a lot of micros/ nanos. I used to own most of the mainstream ones and some oddballs except the ones that were introduced after the k110 came out. I still got some carcasses here after giving away most of them.
Now i only got three: all k110

Lots of tips and tricks here. Welcome to the sub-forum.

DO you know how to track the blades?
theone2007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2017, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Let me try:

1) Check if the mains are properly balanced. If way out then do at atleast dynamic blade balancing. If just a bit unbalanced then it's ok.

2) Check if entire head is aligned and both pitch directions are equal. How?
See this: K110 Mechanics At the middle of the post.

When you do the zero pitch, just connect the lipo while radio is off. The heli will not find the signal then will just zero the servos. When you turn the servo links do it one turn at time; you won't be able to do half. I recommend one link at a time.

That should cover it.

Last edited by e92.M3; 12-06-2017 at 02:26 PM..
e92.M3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Got it in the mail on Sunday!

Man, you guys were absolutely right! This is the best micro. The tail authority is on point with my 180CFX and the brushless motor is WAY better than the Nano. This is what I WANTED my NanoCPX to be but it just couldn't do it without $$$$ which isn't worth it IMO.

Not a huge fan of the transmitter, but it does the job

Very happy with my purchase decision.

After popping my cherry (so to speak) on buying something other than Blade, I don't think I'll buy another Blade EVER.
e92.M3 likes this.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Be careful on what you say about Blade products, man.. Hehe.. I was a Blade micros fanboi myself until i saw the light.

Kidding aside, i'm personally happy that you're enjoying the K110. Now you do this: Blheli mod Difference is night and day. Promise you that.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought the RTF v977 not long ago, not a bad transmitter at all it feels smooth, but i am not used to the "no expo / hard" feel since I have always used 25% - 30% expo

thinking about getting a K110 RTF, I know it is nowhere near spektrum but I read somewhere that the X6 tx it comes with is very programmable. Can you adjust expo, dual rate , throttle curve and pitch curve on its TX? Can these be achieved easily? am i able to save these settings so every time i turn it back on don't have to reset the whole thing? How more advanced is it compared to the v977 RTF tx?

Thanks guys
Old 01-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopa137 View Post
I bought the RTF v977 not long ago, not a bad transmitter at all it feels smooth, but i am not used to the "no expo / hard" feel since I have always used 25% - 30% expo
Quote:
thinking about getting a K110 RTF, I know it is nowhere near spektrum but I read somewhere that the X6 tx it comes with is very programmable. Can you adjust expo
Yes

Quote:
dual rate
Yes
Quote:
throttle curve and pitch curve on its TX?
Yes

Quote:
Can these be achieved easily? am i able to save these settings so every time i turn it back on don't have to reset the whole thing?
Yes and Yes, All through a very easy to use menu

Quote:
Can these be achieved easily? How more advanced is it compared to the v977 RTF tx?
No idea I'm afraid - but the Tx is easy to use and does a great job for a starter heli
koopa137 likes this.
Mikej is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.