Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2020, 09:18 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice Flight!!! Watching your vid backs up what I'm thinking every day I practice w AccuRC!!!! I keep thinking its just me while flying, but watching a vid,.. gawd,.. I wish they would do some work on the sound!!!!! I pulled up another sim I think is a ways behind,,.. but the sound is soooo much better!!! With that, I know it is very possible!!!! Yet,.. it's not been addressed in how many years now?!?!?!? I still support AccuRC 100%,.. but I am really disappointed the sound, being such a major part of the experience, has not been updated since the release of the software!

470LT, G420, G570, Chronos, T-Rex 600N and 700N
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2020, 09:27 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Goblin kraken 700 3D (5 min 8 sec)

Please tell me if my brain, and or ears are broken, if this doesn't sound not even close to the Kraken 700 in the sim vid?
Obviously, it is a simulation, but after seeing a far less sim have a way, way more realistic sound, it hurts my feelings to think the sound in AccuRC is acceptable, after most of the other major issues have been worked out!

Old 10-31-2020, 11:06 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Your video was a fantastic flight and it was for real, mine was without remorse crashing without guilt

I agree sound is terrible, maybe we can push Ade and Johnny to improve that. But so far it is the one that has helped me translate my practice to reality better than any other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultage View Post
Nice Flight!!! Watching your vid backs up what I'm thinking every day I practice w AccuRC!!!! I keep thinking its just me while flying, but watching a vid,.. gawd,.. I wish they would do some work on the sound!!!!! I pulled up another sim I think is a ways behind,,.. but the sound is soooo much better!!! With that, I know it is very possible!!!! Yet,.. it's not been addressed in how many years now?!?!?!? I still support AccuRC 100%,.. but I am really disappointed the sound, being such a major part of the experience, has not been updated since the release of the software!
vultage likes this.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2020, 05:47 AM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
I agree sound is terrible, maybe we can push Ade and Johnny to improve that.
Send me a Kraken to record sound from and I will.
vultage likes this.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Javier, something changed with your flying in the past couple months or so... it really advanced from where it was say five months ago. At least in these videos you post here in the AccuRC section. Looking great!
vultage likes this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could record your Logo 700. Yes, the Kraken sounds different, but I think the point was that the sound doesn't sound similar to reality at all. Physics are so well simulated, but sound is not. Adding more depth/bass maybe with a better sampling, even with a different heli might help things. You can tweak audio then with some effects to differentiate between models, even if you can't hit the right audio unless you record every single machine.

So bottom line is just get better sampling of how a 700 sounds and how blades bark and fart and I think that would make everyone happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Send me a Kraken to record sound from and I will.
vultage likes this.
Old 11-01-2020, 09:01 AM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! For me the key was this past season. I hit the sim hard last winter and then come flying season I changed FBL and it fit better for me as far as making the sim and reality feel closer. Then I practiced a lot at the beginning of the flying season and cemented what I had learned to try to make the next step.

Now sim season has started for me again and I am trying to push to learn new things. Nothing too fancy, just trying to continue the flow and trying to use the rudder more and fly the same things in more directions. That alone makes the flight seem so much better.

Hopefully that will make me fly better next season

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
Javier, something changed with your flying in the past couple months or so... it really advanced from where it was say five months ago. At least in these videos you post here in the AccuRC section. Looking great!
Old 11-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You could record your Logo 700.
Well, guess what sound you're hearing
vultage and Number like this.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

So bottom line is just get better sampling of how a 700 sounds and how blades bark and fart and I think that would make everyone happy
Yeah, come on Jonas, just do it! It can't be that hard

Narrator: It is that hard.

I've done it for RealFlight years ago. Someone who doesn't know how sampling a flying machine for a simulator works may not understand how hard it is, but when you realize the insane amount of time and recording equipment required to get a somewhat tolerable result, you might better understand why it's not super high on the priority list.
vultage likes this.
Number is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2020, 08:47 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Your video was a fantastic flight and it was for real, mine was without remorse crashing without guilt

I agree sound is terrible, maybe we can push Ade and Johnny to improve that. But so far it is the one that has helped me translate my practice to reality better than any other.
Sorry if I mislead,.. that was not my vid,.. I typed in Kraken 700 and chose the first live flight, just to compare the sound.

I also agree with you! I love accurc,.. and is by far the most realistic "feeling" sim! Is why I use it daily, and fully support it!!! I only wish that the sound was on the list of things to work on!

Old 11-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Yeah, come on Jonas, just do it! It can't be that hard

Narrator: It is that hard.

I've done it for RealFlight years ago. Someone who doesn't know how sampling a flying machine for a simulator works may not understand how hard it is, but when you realize the insane amount of time and recording equipment required to get a somewhat tolerable result, you might better understand why it's not super high on the priority list.
ok,. yes, understandable!!! I admit with zero hesitation! I have no idea about programming, and sims. I do, however have a lot of knowledge about recording and sound. Not enough to even wiegh in,.. yet,.. I say again, I use another sim that has much better sound, so I know it can be done. Is it easy? I'm sure its not! Is it important? IMO,.. it is super important!!! Of course it would never happen, but imagine if all the sim designers put their hard work together and used the best parts of all their work?!?!?

Maybe it's just me, I want too much, but it never hurts to state your opinion. My opinion is, that sound has been lacking for a long time, and would think it were more important than more models,.. or more part types. Either way,. I still practice daily w AccuRC, and stand behind the project! The team is always working hard, and I would never say they weren't!

Old 11-01-2020, 09:10 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
Well, guess what sound you're hearing
I was not specifically talking about the Kraken sound, but rather, ALL heli sounds,...

One thing that really stands out to me is how the sound doesn't dissipate with distance as in real life(it does a small amount, but far from realistic). Is there a setting for this I've missed?

Another being that is the same sound blade sound for collective negative and positive,.. coming at you or away.

there is no low end growl in the blade farts,.. is more high end and midrange frequencies, and missing that deep growly sound!

Also missing that hard push blade sound, when doing a full collective punch out,.. we only hear a short blat,.. then it's weak.

The other software I've used to compare is not perfect either,.. far from it,.. yet it is a lot more fulfilling,.. and really helps with the illusion of a simulation!

I'm not trying to beat anyone up about it, so please don't take offence,.. I'm just trying to state my point, that it could use some work! Also, sorry about hijacking the thread,.. was not my intention,..

LOGO 600 SX | Low RPM | Stickmoves (4 min 18 sec)

Old 11-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK,... upon pulling up the Logo 600sx,.. flying at low headspeed as in the vid, and concentrating on the sound,.. the things I've mentioned seemed to be much more realistic. ???? I would figure the sound would be the same for all models, so I'm not sure why one model seems to sound more realistic than the others,.. maybe it's just a mental illusion!

I want to say I'm just completely wrong, and confused.. but this is not a new thought,.. I've felt this way about the sound since the first version of ARC!

Old 11-02-2020, 06:44 AM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks! For me the key was this past season. I hit the sim hard last winter and then come flying season I changed FBL and it fit better for me as far as making the sim and reality feel closer. Then I practiced a lot at the beginning of the flying season and cemented what I had learned to try to make the next step.

Now sim season has started for me again and I am trying to push to learn new things. Nothing too fancy, just trying to continue the flow and trying to use the rudder more and fly the same things in more directions. That alone makes the flight seem so much better.

Hopefully that will make me fly better next season
I'm sure you will make a big jump. I am also in the midst of changing over to a new FBL/TX system. I only have it on one of my helis so far, but it has made a big difference. Will see when I have it on most of them next year. Don't think I'll be at your level though!
XL Power Specter 700
Old 11-05-2020, 01:57 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

One more... I fear sounding too cocky but I really liked this flight. I think if I can manage to get all of this under control I will be in a very happy place

AccuRC - SAB Goblin Kraken 700 - more practice this time no crash :) (6 min 18 sec)
fiddle likes this.
Old 11-05-2020, 02:38 PM   #236 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice Javier! Did I see some piro flips in there?
XL Power Specter 700
Old 11-05-2020, 04:26 PM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes indeed. I have been playing around with piro flips since I want to learn piro transitions. At least that's how I call them hehehe. The idea is to flip around and use the rudder to end up in a different orientation, effectively transitioning instead of just doing a regular turn.

I realized as I was practicing the piro transitions that I was basically practicing the building blocks for a piro flip so I gave them a try. I had tried them before but without following the whole movement, just doing the stir without real timing or looking at the actual flip. Now I am starting to do that.
fiddle likes this.
Old 11-05-2020, 11:00 PM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

what really helped me w piroeting flips along w all piro flying,.. was to go back to basic of basics!!! flying sideways,.. circuits flying all directions,. then inverted circuits of all directions!!! Before I knew it,.. I could piro around these circuits without a single thought,.. then piroetting tic tocs,.. slowly, concentrating more on the 45 degree rainbows,.. once those became fluid,.. piroing at the same time wasn't even part of a thought process!!! Point being,.. BASICS, BASICS, BASICS!!! the Basics are the basis for all more advanced manuevers!!!!

Many of the pro pilots have said it again and again,. don't try to stir the sticks,.. but rather, learn the basics, and you will "stir" without even thinking about it!
Beserkr likes this.

Old 11-11-2020, 01:23 PM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultage View Post
what really helped me w piroeting flips along w all piro flying,.. was to go back to basic of basics!!! flying sideways,.. circuits flying all directions,. then inverted circuits of all directions!!! Before I knew it,.. I could piro around these circuits without a single thought,.. then piroetting tic tocs,.. slowly, concentrating more on the 45 degree rainbows,.. once those became fluid,.. piroing at the same time wasn't even part of a thought process!!! Point being,.. BASICS, BASICS, BASICS!!! the Basics are the basis for all more advanced manuevers!!!!

Many of the pro pilots have said it again and again,. don't try to stir the sticks,.. but rather, learn the basics, and you will "stir" without even thinking about it!
I have taken good note of this, seems like excellent advice! I'm doing OK with forward and backward inverted now. Can sort of do upright backward flight, but not good enough to want to try it for real just yet.
Planning on mastering that before I try anything more complex.

My new M2 arrived a few days ago, but I'm still waiting for the sat I need to arrive! So, I've been hammering the sim.

This is me messing around just now. I feel like I'm still pretty rough around the edges with most moves, but getting there!

OMP M2 Helicopter - Sim Practice in AccuRC 2 (3 min 5 sec)

Trex 550X | Blade 400 '3DX' | OMP M2 | Blade 150S
DX9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxIBBszfXNcHtNCM7dbELg
Beserkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2020, 02:27 PM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

flying that m2 in accuRC is HARD
XL Power Specter 700

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in