Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree128Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That M2 flight was pretty awesome, congrats! I always cheat and fly 700's on the sim hehe.
Team Aeropanda / Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2020, 03:21 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddle View Post
flying that m2 in accuRC is HARD
It can be a bit of a nightmare, I find it easier with lower head speed. Often I stick to IU1/4000rpm to practice my collective management, that session was IU2/5000rpm.
IU3/6000rpm Is ridiculous. I will be more than a little nervous to try that when I finally get to fly the real thing!

Before they released the M2, I did almost all my practice on the 130X, that's even more of a handful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
That M2 flight was pretty awesome, congrats! I always cheat and fly 700's on the sim hehe.
Thanks dude! Trying to nail all fast flight orientations and fore/aft/side flips at the moment. Then I think I really need to learn how to use the rudder more!

I do sim with the Oxy 5 sometimes to introduce new moves I've no idea how to do, but it's going to be a long time before I have the money for anything bigger than a micro so I figure I'll stick to practicing with them for now!

Blade 400 '3DX' | 150s | OMP M2
DX9
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjxIBBszfXNcHtNCM7dbELg
Beserkr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2020, 03:29 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

One REALLY good advantage to flying micros is that if you get good at them, your muscle memory speed will be much better, and also your collective management as they don't push as hard as bigger ones. You will have a much easier time flying the bigger ones and when you move up your flying will likely improve quite a bit. So in the end it's a good choice

Besides you can also afford to keep crashing them over and over again without too much remorse.
vultage likes this.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have to get good at them first haha! I feel like I'm approaching a crunch point, where any new moves will be MUCH harder to learn.
Both excited and intimidated by that heh.

It does all make sense as you say though, so even though cash (as well as lack of safe flying space) is the driving force behind flying micros, tighter skills would be a nice side benefit.
As for micros not pushing as hard, the M2 might be an exception there from what I've seen (I hope). I read somewhere the M2 motor is 380W; the motor in my Blade 400 is only 325W!!
vultage likes this.

DX9
Old 11-11-2020, 04:14 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew an OMP M2 v1. They pull hard and fly nice, but the problem I feel is that they tend to drop much faster. Lift is not enough, even with those little blades running at extreme RPMs. So it ends up being very agile, but you have to be on top of the collective as they lack a lot of float. That's what everyone calls "it feels bigger" they usually refer to the lift that higher blade surface gives you.

So, also you may hear that nitro helis help you build better collective management because they don't pull as hard and instant as an electric. I think that micros can help you also build that skill by not giving you enough float. I bet once you learn how to fly them, a bigger one will allow you to fly way smoother. In my experience, 500 size is where you start feeling that difference between "big" and "small" helis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beserkr View Post
You have to get good at them first haha! I feel like I'm approaching a crunch point, where any new moves will be MUCH harder to learn.
Both excited and intimidated by that heh.

It does all make sense as you say though, so even though cash (as well as lack of safe flying space) is the driving force behind flying micros, tighter skills would be a nice side benefit.
As for micros not pushing as hard, the M2 might be an exception there from what I've seen (I hope). I read somewhere the M2 motor is 380W; the motor in my Blade 400 is only 325W!!
vultage likes this.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know exactly what you mean, a bit like flying a rock with a rocket attached...
I've hovered a 500X at the local club, but nothing else as it wasn't mine and didn't get too much of a feel for it.

Apart from that, my B400 is the biggest heli I've really flown. Spent most of my real flying time with the Nano S2 (flying a rock with with an asthmatic smoker attached!) and my 150S. I still find myself letting the 150 drop more than I like when catching it inverted.

All good practice as you say though. Very patiently waiting for the day when I hopefully can get myself a nice 470 or 550 🙂

DX9
Old 11-11-2020, 09:52 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, a bit like flying a rock with a rocket attached...
I've hovered a 500X at the local club, but nothing else as it wasn't mine and didn't get too much of a feel for it.

Apart from that, my B400 is the biggest heli I've really flown. Spent most of my real flying time with the Nano S2 (flying a rock with with an asthmatic smoker attached!) and my 150S. I still find myself letting the 150 drop more than I like when catching it inverted.

All good practice as you say though. Very patiently waiting for the day when I hopefully can get myself a nice 470 or 550 🙂
totally!!! I flew micros for a long time, then 450 Pro(325mm). The 450 was soooo much easier to do everything with!!! As I found an affordable deal on a 570, and then finally a 700,.. the 450 started to feel like a micro! Of course the size, but more apparently,.. the feel in the air!!! The bigger blade models were like flying in slow motion, and 100% more stable. I was able to do manuevers I couldn't have dreamed of doing w the 450,. :O. The downside obviously, is the price of a crash, and the initial investment. Of course, you are more careful when flying your last 3 months spending $. However,.. "knock On wood",.. I've yet to crash my bigger models. It's only been a few years, and I normally use the smaller models when feeling brave,.. but I can still do way more with the big birds!!! LEts not forget to mention that,.. since the models are so much bigger,.. your able to fly much higher and further away without feeling like you can't tell what orientation your model is in!
Beserkr likes this.

470LT, G420, G570, Chronos, T-Rex 600N and 700N
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2020, 11:00 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a pull at an OMP M2 on AccuRC. I had to tweak down the flip/roll rates it was insane. Behaves amazing on the sim.

AccuRC - OMP M2 - Fun Flight (2 min 51 sec)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MeekaMoMo and Beserkr like this.
Old 11-12-2020, 04:00 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here is a pull at an OMP M2 on AccuRC. I had to tweak down the flip/roll rates it was insane. Behaves amazing on the sim.
That's some nice flying mate - doesn't matter if it's a micro or a 700 - you've got the skills!

Interested in what you dialled down the rates to? I've been flying with cyclic rate at 300 deg/sec (same as what I've always flown my 150s at). Wonder if I should slow it down?

DX9
Old 11-12-2020, 05:21 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

You learn to fly those tiny helicopters well and when you finally get a larger one, it will be a piece of cake for you!
MeekaMoMo and Beserkr like this.
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2020, 07:15 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! It just looks fancy because on the sim I always try to keep moving and try to use the rudder a bit more

I got them down to 250, but I think it also depends on your radio and connection, I am using a wireless dongle RX2SIM with a DSMX sat that actually binds to DSM2 on a DX6.

Quote:
That's some nice flying mate - doesn't matter if it's a micro or a 700 - you've got the skills!

Interested in what you dialled down the rates to? I've been flying with cyclic rate at 300 deg/sec (same as what I've always flown my 150s at). Wonder if I should slow it down?
MeekaMoMo likes this.
Old 11-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whoa it pulls hard on 12S power. Instant response. Amazing. Heard really good things from the real model, wish I could have one.

AccuRC - SAB Goblin Kraken 580 - Very Fun Flight (3 min 25 sec)
MeekaMoMo and fiddle like this.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Whoa it pulls hard on 12S power. Instant response. Amazing. Heard really good things from the real model, wish I could have one.
Sort of an out of control look to it . I find that if I don't keep the ground or trees in the shot my moves are not very clean. Things like constant flipping, you can't really see how much you're moving vs stationary flipping. Overall it helps for control.

The sound in your videos is very strange. Noticed in several of your vids with AccuRC. Mine sounds fairly normal. Yours have some type of whine.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2020, 03:29 AM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
The sound in your videos is very strange. Noticed in several of your vids with AccuRC. Mine sounds fairly normal. Yours have some type of whine.
He probably pulled up the tail sound volume to max, which drowns out the motor sounds
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2020, 07:56 AM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

Since I re-installed AccuRC not too long ago when I got my gaming PC, I left those settings at default, but I will play around with them.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny31297 View Post
He probably pulled up the tail sound volume to max, which drowns out the motor sounds
I didn't even notice there were separate volumes.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2020, 02:36 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Since I re-installed AccuRC not too long ago when I got my gaming PC, I left those settings at default, but I will play around with them.
Careful, Steam carries settings between reinstall as long as you don't reset the sim or explicitly change that setting in Steam.

You can check the audio settings under Settings->Audio. Default for all but Master is 50.

I'm willing to bet that your tail sound volume probably being at 100 is the reason for your complaints on the audio a while ago.
Johnny31297 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok did some testing...

AccuRC testing out sound options (7 min 38 sec)

MeekaMoMo likes this.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:45 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still think the main blades need more bass for the blades to fart.

MeekaMoMo and vultage like this.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:11 AM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't know what mine sounds like ... I keep the volume low and the podcast volume up while I sim
XL Power Specter 700
fiddle is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in