ds14 to dx8 trainer - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2018, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ds14 to dx8 trainer

Has any one tried running ppm out from jeti and into dx8 for trainer.
I got mt son a blade 200s that has receiver and fbl combined so I can't
put a jeti rx on it. I wanted to use the dx 8 bound to the blade 200
and use the jeti to nudge him when he needs it. Thanks
J Amo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't want to open the back of my Jeti to gain access to the PPM connector, so I simply used a spare Jeti Rx with PPM output and fabricated a cable to plug into the back of my DX-9. While it worked, I had heard of the audio/trainer section of the -9 possibly getting hosed with a wired connection, so I built the Jeti-Spektrum bridge box and now go wirelessly.

In both cases, the latency of the extra Jeti Rx wasn't all that noticeable, but in the interests of full disclosure, I'm somewhere around a low-level intermediate when it comes to fling wings.

Michael
Old 01-09-2018, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default buddy box

can you tell me what mixes you used in the dx 9 . I have tried a few
on my dx 8 but the 8 dosen't see my jeti. Many thanks to Raleicopter
for the connector . I don't know if just plugging into the ppm out of the jeti
and running a mono cable is all I need to do in the jeti,or if there is something I need to enable in the jeti. Did you need mixes in your dx9
to get it to work?. Thanks J Amo
Old 01-09-2018, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That effort was so long ago and I abandoned it for the wireless approach that I no longer have the model in the Tx; will have to see if I have it saved in an archive somewhere.

IIRC, the two things I had to focus on were: (1) channel mapping and (2) travel limits. 100% on a Spektrum is about 80% on a Jeti... Because channel mapping is so easy in the Jeti, I generally let the Spektrum side determine servo order and Jeti channel mapping conforms...

When I go from Spektrum to Jeti, then I use logical switches and mixes to manage transfer of control. Again, from memory, but the other direction was controlled by the Spektrum.

If you are trying to have the Jeti be the master, using PPM out to the Spektrum wired trainer port, then there could be an issue as the master transmits the RF and the slave radio simply supplies a PPM stream...

I do not recall whether I had to use PPM positive or PPM negative; have you tried both? There is a difference between direct and computed and I ignored failsafe when going TO the Spektrum (personal preference.)

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Amo View Post
can you tell me what mixes you used in the dx 9 . I have tried a few
on my dx 8 but the 8 dosen't see my jeti. Many thanks to Raleicopter
for the connector . I don't know if just plugging into the ppm out of the jeti
and running a mono cable is all I need to do in the jeti,or if there is something I need to enable in the jeti. Did you need mixes in your dx9
to get it to work?. Thanks J Amo
Old 01-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I can get bobby boxing to work with jeti as master but I need the spec8 to be master as the model has a receiver built into the fbl control so can't use a jeti rx. Its a blade 200s for my son. I am not sure about the ppm+
or -. That I haven't tried to switch
Old 01-13-2018, 02:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took a short break from Wing Commander (AKA spouse) chores, but my DX-9 has nothing special that I can see. I also looked for the Jeti Rx, with PPM out, wired to the wired trainer port, but that apparently was torn apart and reused when I switched to wireless trainer.

You might want to try switching from PPM Positive to Negative and see if that works. I know that my wired interface worked well, but I was concerned about the purported loss of audio/wired trainer interface with the DX-9 that I dumped the wired approach in favor of the Jeti <=> Spektrum bridge that's been described several times.

I just confirmed that my wireless bridge (utilizing a Spektrum DM9 module) has the Jeti Rx set for PPM Negative. The DX-9 was configured as the eFlite manual specified; no changes for Jeti wireless other than setting the appropriate master mode...

The DM9 only supports DSM2, not DSMX, but it works fine for me. The only problem I experienced was that I had placed the bridge box (Jeti Rx with Spektrum DM9 plus 2S LiPo) on an assembly table and a fellow modeler picked it up while I was flying; thankfully, just set it back down. Had he powered it down I would have been in deep trouble. However, that's a use procedure and nothing to do with the fundamentals of wireless Jeti <=> Spektrum.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Amo View Post
I can get bobby boxing to work with jeti as master but I need the spec8 to be master as the model has a receiver built into the fbl control so can't use a jeti rx. Its a blade 200s for my son. I am not sure about the ppm+
or -. That I haven't tried to switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.