Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > MSH Brain FBL Unit

MSH Brain FBL Unit MSH Brain Support Forum

Like Tree55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2018, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Any news about new software/firmware update

Hi

We have not heard from you since the last update.

When are you planning to release a new update?

Thank you
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainDev View Post
Telemetry for YGE *VT ESC is already present, working and tested by beta testers from the November beta firmware's.

But as you know we must wait before the release of the new firmware for this pool:
https://www.helifreak.com/poll.php?d...ts=&pollid=3416
So, because we want to make happy also these users, we MUST have to change all the update behavior before any new firmware/software release.
It is a very long and difficult work due to the antipiracy routines involved either in firmware and software that we must change and test.
Work is already started, code is now "break" and "open" and now we cannot go back or do other things until the end of this work.
So, the next update (with already implemented many other new functions and improvements) cannot be released until the end of this work and all the necessary tests.
Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
msallua and KiwiBlair like this.
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep lots of new features that can't be released until the software is back together with the optional updates working.

Probably sooner than spring, but it was a big setback.
mkucuksari likes this.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

People should be careful what they wish for. MSH advised Yall several times that this delay would happen.
mkucuksari likes this.
KiwiBlair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 12:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

Yep, the warnings were given, that it was a lot more work then 'just add a cancel button' if you want consistent multi/backwards version support across a series of software components.

Hey, we are down this path we just need to wait.
KiwiBlair likes this.
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 07:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomaar View Post
Hey, we are down this path we just need to wait.
a sad turn if events, caused by a few. really wish this hadn’t happened.
howaboutme likes this.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hope we still have the option to leave auto update on.
howaboutme likes this.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbatxx View Post
a sad turn if events, caused by a few. really wish this hadn’t happened.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AndyO is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick note : almost 50% of all users (who voted in the poll anyways) is not a few.

And don't kid yourself that the time between firmware updates is all because of the auto update changes. I'm sure MSH are using the time to work on a few other technical debt type things too (anyone remember the .26 release).

But anyways don't want to start all this 'auto update'debacle again so will leave this discussion with just my first line comment.

Happy new year and happy flying to all
dkpodder, HoffY and treys1 like this.
sleeperaus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperaus View Post
Just a quick note : almost 50% of all users (who voted in the poll anyways) is not a few.

And don't kid yourself that the time between firmware updates is all because of the auto update changes. I'm sure MSH are using the time to work on a few other technical debt type things too (anyone remember the .26 release).

But anyways don't want to start all this 'auto update'debacle again so will leave this discussion with just my first line comment.

Happy new year and happy flying to all

Very constructive contribution .
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 10:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperaus View Post
i get what you’re saying, but don’t forget the statistics fundamentals from school. they also apply in real life scenarios too.
tvoth3 and KiwiBlair like this.
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2018, 11:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very selective with facts here - number of poll votes. The specifics are somewhere in the poll thread.

IIRC, there are how many thousands of users of this product ? (estimated number of units sold, estimated 4/5 units per user, etc,etc). How many people voted in total ? How many caused this delay ?

Got what they wanted. Now we all wait. No need to keep taking stabs at MSH.
tvoth3 and yakky like this.

Last edited by Dawiev; 01-24-2018 at 12:08 AM..
Old 01-24-2018, 12:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawiev View Post
No need to keep taking stabs at MSH.
Wasn't doing that.
Have upmost respect for them.
sleeperaus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2018, 12:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 01-24-2018, 01:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Imho:The poll was badly created anyway. Options only line up to yes / no without reflecting impact if change was chosen. The moment this poll was launched MSH was cornered because it was held after a new fw ( which also had a severe bug) and thus the subforum was already on fire.

Leave it
I'm OK with forced update
I don't like forced updates
Forced update must go

The middle options don't even make sense in the lineup. They can sway either way. So the pro changer claim more then 50% wanted this. Why not take the 3 bottom ones because only the top one says leave it.

Iirc the last option was ' forced updates need to go' so a clear 20% of the voters wanted a change.

Anyway this poll is like American voters they only have 2 options demo or reps, 2 option which can only be extreme, so the vote can only be polarizing the vote in 2 camps.
Only the top has a known impact of nothing. The change option had months of impact since braindev wanted to do the right thing, multi version awareness.

- Leave it, invest no time in this. I understand that if I connect my brain to a computer, the software will push the version forward. If I don't want this I need to handle it myself. Software pairing/mismatch is only on last released versions.
- Invest predicted time at some point (he predicted months of work) this option reflects =>we understand new development will be impacted, do it at time x, brain should be multi version friendly in the future. I also understand that some version pairing/mismatch between app/integrationn pc software may apply in the future.
- Stop whatever you are doing , start now, this feature is the very first you bring out next, I accept any delay on other functions. <= that part went missing I suspect. The rest of the stuff of the option 2 also apply only the 'now' is different

Since the pro's where so vocal and (I suspect) the impact was misunderstood with a bunch of voters, combined with the stir of a bugged fw. msh was understanding the poll as, we must fix this now at any cost.

Last edited by zomaar; 01-24-2018 at 02:20 AM..
zomaar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Yep lots of new features that can't be released until the software is back together with the optional updates working.

Probably sooner than spring, but it was a big setback.
Is the vibe log recording going to be fixed. Just went out today and flew today and it's still FUBAR.
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner85 View Post
Is the vibe log recording going to be fixed. Just went out today and flew today and it's still FUBAR.
I do not believe logging is broken and you should consider the advice given in your other thread.

1. Like you, I only use BT for everything. Some with the Crius module.
2. I clear the logs after every session.
3. I use Win 8
4. I power down after every flight. If I do want to make adjustments, I power up, connect BT, adjust and power down again.
5. I don't use integration.
6. FW .027 on all units.
7. I have not lost a log on any (8) unit. (lots of garbage, but not the point of discussion here)
Old 02-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawiev View Post
I do not believe logging is broken and you should consider the advice given in your other thread.

1. Like you, I only use BT for everything. Some with the Crius module.
2. I clear the logs after every session.
3. I use Win 8
4. I power down after every flight. If I do want to make adjustments, I power up, connect BT, adjust and power down again.
5. I don't use integration.
6. FW .027 on all units.
7. I have not lost a log on any (8) unit. (lots of garbage, but not the point of discussion here)
I do all of that except for running Win 10 and I'm not sure what integration is. Everything was cleared before I hit the field. I power down after every flight. No adjustments were made. I do run a backup Ultraguard 430 unit, but that shouldn't matter becasue it didn't matter before. Things worked just fine before that update broke it for me.
Mariner85 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2018, 07:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

8. Ultraguards on all helis.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mariner85,

i've noticed on WIN10 that the Windows Defender realtime scanning will stuff up the software's interaction with the units. Disablling that long before connecting the unit and starting the software usually gets things going properlly again.

Also i noticed that sometimes once connected that the logs will not download properly and if you persist they will download somethign but it will just be all FUBAR. I thought i lost my last two flights of logs when i disconnected the USB and shut the software down and started ti all again and it worked as it should.

Mine has often stopped downloading a log at 1.65seconds and if it freezes at that i know stuff is about to get flakey.
HoffY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in