Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JonJet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x to 130s Possibilities

OK, since the tail and FBL unit on the 130x was so problematic, has anyone tried a 130s conversion. My idea is to drill the 130x frame to accept 130s complete tail $20, a 130s FBL receiver for $35, and 130s esc for $34 on ebay, and see what happens. May have to use a smaller pinion to lower head speed. An over time way to just make it a flyer,not hard 3d, instead of dead and get something out of the money put in it, ie, MH stuff. If you get head speed close to 130s, the gyro should take care of the tail in theory. Any prayers for the 130x or NO. I hate a heli that wont fly. I also hate the tiny tail gear impossible stuff Blade did there. I know some have been successful, but I just don't have the kind of time it takes to fiddle with the tail. (Off subject) I'm using metal gear servos custom installed on a MH200srx airframe that a lot of people battled the plastic gear servos and gave up. Now it flys like its supposed to. Just wondering if someone already gave the 130x to 130s conversion a shot and if it worked out for them. My buddy gave it too me and he gave up on the tail. :thumbu p:
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2018, 03:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you could pull that off you would be the first.

I would just take that $100, buy a good used 130s in the classifieds and sell the 130x.

or sell the 130x for 75, take your 100 bucks, put that together and get a brand new 130s for 170 thru Horizon or ebay.

I would be interested to see that attempted but I dont see how it could be done or even if it went together somehow I would be shocked if it flew ok.

if it failed then you would have a 130x in pieces and 90 plus in 230s parts laying there with no heli to use them in.

my 2 cents.

Last edited by Indokast; 02-02-2018 at 10:14 AM.. Reason: spelling
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2018, 03:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

you could also sell the 130x, and take that money to fund an rtf xk k110. Those are great for the money.
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW! I agree with Indocast. LOL You might also consider a Trio 180 CFX or Oxy 2 also.

CrashyCrashy
CrashyCrashy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2018, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

MH is supposedly sending out a new tail unit. Guess I'll try that first, but still wont trust it or the FBL unit. Not sure what to do. Seems like someone would have tried it. What would be the real issue, ie, head speed, swash layout. The anti rotation bracket is on the side of 130x, in the rear of 130s, but the servo layout is the same, one in the front, two in the rear. However, I really dont want to be the first to attempt such a feat.
just thought maybe someone tried it.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I get all excited when I see comments about the prices you guys pay for things in the USA. The new cost of a BNF 130s is $A349.99.
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like you're enthusiastic approach but the 130x and 130s are two very different models. 130x is lightweight, mechanical tail, rotary servo's and 2S setup. 130S is chunky and heavy, lectric tail, linear servo's and 3S.

So you'd be matching a 3S tail rotor to a 2S main motor. Even if you somehow got the mechanics to fit, I honestly cannot see the 130S fbl unit working with the 130X because I don't believe PID gain adjustments alone would be enough. I know for sure the 130S fbl unit has a particular phasing adjustment to compensate for gyroscopic precession and we don't have access to this settings.

I also give a vote for the k110, it's just a fun little heli that always puts a smile on my face even if I've just been flying a 180 or the 360. I will likely be selling my electric tail models this year, all except one, will keep hold of a K110 - it's the only one I can't part with I enjoy it that much
Old 02-16-2018, 12:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

When the 130S was announced...I had high hopes for the successor to the 130X...and had also hoped for a match made in heaven combining both models into something unique

Sadly it's not a remake or an improvement...and one does not compliment the other in any way shape form manner method fashion or style

As a staunch supporter of Blade heli's for more than a handful of years...

I was disappointed with the 130S...so much so that I sold it and have moved on
Indokast and Lotus 7 like this.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

^^^agreed^^^ when I get round to selling my S models this year, the 130S will be the first to go. I will miss the 230 and have fun memories of the nano but the 130 will not be missed.
Old 02-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 130S was the worst heli I owned. It flew terrible and was a complete pain to repair. I was glad to be rid of it when I sold it. I have several 130X’s and I enjoy flying them all of the time.

I really wish HH would have kept the 130X design the same but just fixed the tail issues and the gyro drift issues found on many of the main boards.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2018, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1683 View Post
My 130S was the worst heli I owned. It flew terrible and was a complete pain to repair. I was glad to be rid of it when I sold it. I have several 130Xs and I enjoy flying them all of the time.

I really wish HH would have kept the 130X design the same but just fixed the tail issues and the gyro drift issues found on many of the main boards.
You hit it...

Upgrading the 130X with a tail system similar to the 180CFX would have made it the ideal micro...and the boom on the 130S simply to support a tail motor was insane

The 130X gyro drift was fairly simple to cure with subtrims

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.