Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BrokeDad

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The rabbit hole that is 'stunt mode and the dx6'

All right...after hrs of research including video and reading and trying different setups I still can't get stunt mode on dx6. Why it needs to be this difficult I have no idea but this is nuckin futs. Dx6 is a 'more advanced radio' than dx6i yet I had it set up in about 2min without help compared to hrs down a rabbit hole with this one. Ridiculous! And the dx6i was the first tx setup I've ever done. Are all setups in dx6 this retarded or is it just the nano?!

For the love..of everything holy..someone please tell me what voodoo is required to get friggin stunt mode on the dx6. I can't believe I'm even having to ask.

Sent from my Moto G4 Plus using Tapatalk
Tech 4 9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2018, 08:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could just download and import the setup file for it and then look to see how HH has it set up.

Setup files for your radio are here:

DX6 6 Channel System w/ AR610 Receiver (SPM6700): Spektrum - The Leader in Spread Spectrum Technology

Just download the one for the Nano CPS (BLH2480), copy to SD card, import.

Also when you bind the model MAKE SURE you hold the left stick down and inward.
Indokast likes this.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2018, 09:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I remember correctly, the Nano's manual forgot to tell us to map the gear channel to switch B. I think it's under channel assign. Doing this will cause the heli to be in Stability On mode (blue led) when in normal flight mode, and in Stability off mode (red led) in stunt 1 and stunt 2 flight modes. This is for the dx6. Apologies I'm traveling at the moment and away from my dx6 ...

It's the same setup for the mCPS, so you could look in that manual and see how they recommend you set up that heli with a dx6.
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What do you mean by cannot get stunt mode? The Nano stays in blue led mode?

Safe Mode, (Auto Level), blue LED, is controlled by the gear channel.

Default and instructions in the Nano manual tie control of this to the flight modes.

Press and hold the roller wheel while you power on the DX6.
Go into channel assign Gear should be gear. Scroll to next and click look at the 2nd screen of channel assign. What is gear set to?
Old 02-03-2018, 09:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
If I remember correctly, the Nano's manual forgot to tell us to map the gear channel to switch B. I think it's under channel assign. Doing this will cause the heli to be in Stability On mode (blue led) when in normal flight mode, and in Stability off mode (red led) in stunt 1 and stunt 2 flight modes. This is for the dx6. Apaogies I'm traveling at the moment and away from my dx6 ...

It's the same setup for the mCPS, so you could look in that manual and see how they recommend you set up that heli.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post

Default and instructions in the Nano manual tie control of this to the flight modes.

Go into channel assign Gear should be gear. Scroll to next, click look at the 2nd screen of channel assign. What is gear set to?
Yes, setting to B ties auto level to flight Modes. I have picked switch C instead. This allows me have switch B control flight modes, which really means which throttle curve and which pitch curve I'm running. I then have switch C that can turn on or off auto level with any of the curves/ flight modes.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ooops - sorry We were typing at the same time
Switch C works too.
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Ooops - sorry We were typing at the same time
Switch C works too.
I'm just slow. I got a DX9 earlier in the week and had to go double check how I had the DX6 set?
Old 02-03-2018, 10:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:

Go into channel assign Gear should be gear. Scroll to next and click look at the 2nd screen of channel assign. What is gear set to?
Ah ha! I betcha this is going to be a clue as I've wondered about this..the closest choice I have for GEAR in channel assign is gyro. No GEAR. My gear is set to gyro. Gyro, throttle, rudder, and inh are only choices for me there. I KNEW something was goofy with that.

Old 02-03-2018, 11:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you scrolled both directions with the wheel?

It should say GEAR:Gear on the first screen in Channel Assign.

Then when go to the 2nd screen by picking next only gear should have a setting. Switch B or another switch, but should not show Inh.

Do you have an SD card and can your PC or notebook access it?

If so, I can create a Nano config file for you to load.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the file.
Attached Files
File Type: spm 002~5 Nano CPS.SPM (26.0 KB, 33 views)
Old 02-04-2018, 03:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Here's the file.
Your efforts are appreciated but ended up doing the whole My Spektrum-sdcard rigamaroll as I figured I probably needed a firmware update too, which I did. Updated fw, sounds and voice and the nCP profile. (thanks @brokedad for reminding me of that. Out of all the limited stuff I found on this issue I only found ONE suggestion of the downloading a spektrum preset and it failed so I discounted it. Had I not been checking fw update I may have never tried preset)

Finally have stunt mode!

I guess gyro needs to be inhibited..? Now I have the gear set to gear and gyro isn't even a choice anymore. I guess maybe gyro only active when using ACTUAL hh gyro instead of As3x..?

Funfact: the word GEAR is found only twice by Adobe search in dx6 manual. One simply mentions GEAR channel on receiver and the second is after the word landing...landing gear.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech 4 9 View Post
Your efforts are appreciated but ended up doing the whole My Spektrum-sdcard rigamaroll as I figured I probably needed a firmware update too, which I did. Updated fw, sounds and voice and the nCP profile. (thanks @brokedad for reminding me of that. Out of all the limited stuff I found on this issue I only found ONE suggestion of the downloading a spektrum preset and it failed so I discounted it. Had I not been checking fw update I may have never tried preset)

Finally have stunt mode!

I guess gyro needs to be inhibited..? Now I have the gear set to gear and gyro isn't even a choice anymore. I guess maybe gyro only active when using ACTUAL hh gyro instead of As3x..?

Funfact: the word GEAR is found only twice by Adobe search in dx6 manual. One simply mentions GEAR channel on receiver and the second is after the word landing...landing gear.

Thanks guys.

Glad you got it sorted!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in