Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navigator2011

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2019, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3D mode calibration

Is there a way to calibrate the 3D mode on a Nano CP S? My CPS flys fine in the Stability Mode. Whenever I turn on the 3D mode, I notice that my swashplate left will raise up. I am using the transmitter came with the RTF set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ConductorJimmy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2019, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I had to guess, you previously set trim on your transmitter. You shouldn't have those in 3D mode.

When in 3D mode, any cyclic trim that the transmitter sends in interpreted as a command to the FBL to initiate a roll of some sort. You can't have TX trim in 3D mode, and there isn't a trim flight for 3D mode.

Click those trim buttons until you hear the tell-tale no-trim beep. After that, you will definitely need to do a new trim flight for your stability modes (if you want to still use them) since your current trim flights have been compensating for your TX's trim.

Next heli I want: Oxy 4 Max

Last edited by xoexoe; 05-06-2019 at 02:05 AM..
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, as Xoexoe said, get rid of all trims in your Tx. You can do the Calibration flight in Stability mode, but that won't affect 3D mode. As with other helicopters, you'll have to set your blade pitch to 0-degrees at mid-stick, level your swash plate and set your pitch end-points to get 3D mode working correctly.
xoexoe likes this.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

You are exactly right! I guess I will need to do a better job leveling my swashplate.

Old 05-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tried to balance the Swashplate last night and end up my nano is hovering inches above the ground...
I had this issue once before and found out that the main motor was too low and was not fully connected to the main gear. So I checked and adjusted the motor. No luck...
Has this happened to anyone before?
Also, does anyone have any recommendation for the connector between blade grip and swashplate as well as the connecting pole for swashplate and the servo? The one came with the heli is so soft and easy to bend...
Thanks in advanced!

Old 05-07-2019, 10:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Regarding the plastic swash, you'll just have to be super careful with pushing the servo links back onto the balls. I have found that needle-nose pliers can help. Ultimately, however, a metal swash will be best.

With your Tx turned off, plug in a battery and wait for the servos to jump to their middle position. Unplug the battery and look at the blades. Are they at zero-degrees of pitch? If not, then you have some adjusting to do.

First, though, the main motor probably didn't move. Rather, the main gear tends to slip down on the main shaft--this results in a loss of positive blade pitch during flying. This can be fixed by merely pushing the main gear back up toward the frame to remove the slop.

Now, with the main gear properly positioned and the servos at their middle positions, there are a couple of things that can affect the blade pitch. First is the lengths of the the servo links, and second is the position of the rotor head atop the main shaft. You may have to adjust both, but don't max-out either one.

For starters, however, I would undo what you did to the main motor and then push up on the main gear to remove any slop. Let's first see where doing these things leaves you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in