Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2018, 10:06 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Cman!

It's basically stock, except for colored blades and the white straw on the boom (so I can see it).

I changed the power wires to thicker 22GA, same 1.25mm connector though.

In the DX6 I changed the Travel for THR to 150/100 and PIT to 110/125.

That's it. It's still very difficult for me to hover it - it wants to randomly roll in any direction at the speed of light

Oh, and NanoTech 210mAh lipo.
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks for the info

i was wondering what was on the tail boom, makes sense,

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

This is my first cp heli and I'm really enjoying it!

I've been practicing in heli-x and yesterday I flew two full batteries in idle-up 1 without crashing!

I wouldn't call it "hovering" exactly... but I did keep it in the air and landed within a half a foot of where I was aiming for!
Cman likes this.
neutralangel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Excellent Neutralangel !
Old 08-12-2018, 04:47 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralangel View Post
This is my first cp heli and I'm really enjoying it!

I've been practicing in heli-x and yesterday I flew two full batteries in idle-up 1 without crashing!

I wouldn't call it "hovering" exactly... but I did keep it in the air and landed within a half a foot of where I was aiming for!

I've yet to see one person to hover nano almost perfect stationary in all orientations in IU mode. When I first tried stunt mode it was all over the place.. but over time we want to reduce our "all over the place size" as close to perfect stationary as possible. haha
Cman likes this.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopa137 View Post
I've yet to see one person to hover nano almost perfect stationary in all orientations in IU mode. When I first tried stunt mode it was all over the place.. but over time we want to reduce our "all over the place size" as close to perfect stationary as possible. haha
I've done it a few times, for 5 secs
Old 08-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koopa137 View Post
Since I own and fly both (CPS and CPX) I can tell you that there is a MAJOR difference in stability when compared side by side.

The CPS, in my opinion, is very tame and flies well in SAFE mode but in IU modes is a bit squirrelly.

The CPX on the other hand (no SAFE mode) seems much more stable in hover and flight. I can literally take my hands off the TX with the CPX and it will stay locked in for quite some time.

My first collective pitch was the CPS and I absolutely loved learning on it but once I no longer flew in stability mode I had no real reason to fly it anymore. The CPX was free of the servo jitters, chicken dance after a crash and other short comings that SAFE technology brought to the Nano.

I hope if Blade ever releases an updated version to the Nano that they stick with AS3X.
Cman likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2018, 01:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I never had the chance to fly the CPX, but I did fly the CPS all last winter. I gave up on Stability mode right away once I realized it was actually undoing my skills lol. Flying in stunt, I was able to take my hands off the tx and have the CPS just sit there, hovering like it was attached to a pole.

But that twitch! Almost got hit in the face during a fly-by when the twitch just kicked the heli right at me. And those tail blow-outs--those are the biggest reason I moved on from the nCPS. Now a Trex 150X fulfills all my 3D practice needs.

I am counting on Blade to eventually revamp the Nano, and I hope they fix or even improve on all the shorting comings that have been discussed now for over a year. If they make a better 3D-capable Nano that does blow-out and twitch, then I am totally down.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I’m still getting my 150X tweaked.... It’s a little monster!

You shouldn’t really have much tail blow out on the Nano. I have been running everything from brushed to Brushless inrunners and outrunners on the Nano and the tail holds well even with the stock 6mm motors during pitch pumps.

Trick is, the tail has 3 things that will impact it and lead to TBO.

1: Bent Tail Blade. Even a tiny nick will affect it
2: Bent feathering spindle. The “slightest” bend is a guarantee for TBO
3: Worn motor. While durable, they don’t have that “punch” forever. They may continue to run but they will have a lot less power. I use a solid boom and just solder on a new motor only when they go bad. Keeps the cost down to about 3.00/ tail motor and no broken tail booms!
Cman likes this.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2018, 09:12 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, it looks like I'll be joining y'all again--I pulled the trigger on a used Nano CPS. I love my 150X, it does everything I ask of it without hesitation, but I think I might need some nano-help with inverted hovering and orientations.

Unlike my previous ncps, I think I'll strive to keep this one mostly stock and as light as possible. Maybe I'll pick up a solid tail boom, but I think I'll just stick with the brushed motors. When I had the brushless upgrade, I felt like it added a lot of weight and torque, both of which seemed to make TBO more common.
Cman likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welcome back Nav!
Pilotrob likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR4-Pilot View Post
Welcome back Nav!
Thanks!

Pilotrob likes this.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I realized that I have never learned to fly backwards circles or figure eights, so I set about rectifying this.
FR4-Pilot and Cman like this.
Mrowka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2018, 08:58 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I took mine out to a park, did some sloppy flips then they got better then i lost it and hit hold should of used bail out but didn't, when it hit the 2 aft mounts for the board popped out, anyone else experience this/

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2018, 09:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

No worries, just pop the mounts back into the holes. If they give you trouble, just use a small driver or dull toothpick to carefully work the mounts into the holes.
Cman and Mrowka like this.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:26 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got my hot little hands on a set of tweezers for purposes such as these.

Be careful, as you can tear the little rubber mounts (I think they're called "air springs") and then they will slip out much more easily in the future.
Cman likes this.
Mrowka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2018, 12:55 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got the mCPX long tail boom in the mail today. Lynx stretch blades coming in tomorrow, I figure I'll give that setup a shot. I just found this thread now and it's funny, I had the CPS out yesterday and I flew it for a minute in SAFE mode and it was AWFUL. It was great while learning because it lets you get the helicopter around a bit, but now it feels like the shackles are on. I switch into non-safe mode and it feels like I can breathe.

I'm very much still learning but I have more time on the CPS than anything else and I like it a lot. I'm building a TRex 470 but I'm thinking about picking up either a 150 or an OXY 2 to bridge the gap. Either way I don't think I'll match the CPS in durability and I think having the confidence to crash a little is important so it will probably stay prominently in the rotation for a while.
icrashbikes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by icrashbikes View Post
I just got the mCPX long tail boom in the mail today. Lynx stretch blades coming in tomorrow, I figure I'll give that setup a shot. I just found this thread now and it's funny, I had the CPS out yesterday and I flew it for a minute in SAFE mode and it was AWFUL. It was great while learning because it lets you get the helicopter around a bit, but now it feels like the shackles are on. I switch into non-safe mode and it feels like I can breathe.

I'm very much still learning but I have more time on the CPS than anything else and I like it a lot. I'm building a TRex 470 but I'm thinking about picking up either a 150 or an OXY 2 to bridge the gap. Either way I don't think I'll match the CPS in durability and I think having the confidence to crash a little is important so it will probably stay prominently in the rotation for a while.
Both the 150 and the Oxy2 perform very well. If limited flying space is a factor, I would recommend the 150. Also, if you want to steadily increase your helicopter size over time, the 150 is also handy for bridging the size gap between the CPS the the Oxy2.

Now, if excellent performance and reliability are greater factors than flying space, then get the Oxy2, for sure. The Oxy2 is a solid, reliable heli that flies with the stability of much bigger helicopters. I love to fly my Oxy2 in either my front yard or at a local park. The Oxy2 is more than capable of doing anything I ask of it, and without being so big and noisy that it scares others at the park.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Both the 150 and the Oxy2 perform very well. If limited flying space is a factor, I would recommend the 150. Also, if you want to steadily increase your helicopter size over time, the 150 is also handy for bridging the size gap between the CPS the the Oxy2.

Now, if excellent performance and reliability are greater factors than flying space, then get the Oxy2, for sure. The Oxy2 is a solid, reliable heli that flies with the stability of much bigger helicopters. I love to fly my Oxy2 in either my front yard or at a local park. The Oxy2 is more than capable of doing anything I ask of it, and without being so big and noisy that it scares others at the park.
This is kind of what I expected, thanks. I'm leaning toward the Oxy2 since I don't want to spend BILLIONS of dollars just yet and it looks like either of these helis would cost me more to get set up than the 470 did. I have plenty of clear space to fly in and people seem to be happy with the Oxy2 in a long-term fashion so it seems like a safe bet.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:31 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I picked up a set of the airtime skids after breaking my second stock set. They have held up great but I've never really been happy with the way the battery just kind of dangles. After snapping off 3 of the 4 canopy mounts, I got a lot of flight time in canopy-free. The batteries had some serious wobble. I spent a few minutes, drew something up and dusted off the ol' 3D printer. Took only one revision to get the fit perfect. This battery support snaps on, stays tight and holds the batteries securely in place.

It flies noticeably better this way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in