Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Nano CPS

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Reducing vibrations = happy gyro = better flying helicopter.

I have had helicopters with vibrations so bad and confusing the gyro as to make them unflyable. Once the source of the vibration (a canopy mount, in one case - subtle hint) was found and fixed, the helicopters went back to being their happy little selves.

BTW, can you send these 3D printing instructions?
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2018, 11:59 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a little mishap with my NCPS. I was flying and noticed there was a loss in power then it just floated to the ground, I went over to pick it up and the motor was hot as a firecracker. Took it inside and took the canopy off and saw that the motor got so hot it melted the frame . Had to replace the main board, motor and frame. I decided to go with a Rakon frame. After all that I am flying again .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2539.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	756551   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2540.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	756552   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	756553   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2553.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	756554  
Old 09-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrowka View Post
Reducing vibrations = happy gyro = better flying helicopter.

I have had helicopters with vibrations so bad and confusing the gyro as to make them unflyable. Once the source of the vibration (a canopy mount, in one case - subtle hint) was found and fixed, the helicopters went back to being their happy little selves.

BTW, can you send these 3D printing instructions?
I could certainly provide the .stl for printing. I drew it in sketchup because it was quick and easy but I have that file available as well.
icrashbikes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2018, 04:36 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got a new canopy. Trying to think of a paint scheme for it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2629.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	761769  

Last edited by Pilotrob; 11-25-2018 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Pilotrob is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 02:26 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking New move

I did an inverted nose-in hover on my Nano CP S today.
I could only hold it for maybe 10 seconds before it kissed the carpet. But still.

Not my first inverted hover; already did so on my Fusion 270 and 230 S V2 last week. But it's soooooo much harder on the little Nano, especially when I need to watch out for walls.

Next heli I want: Oxy 5 light build on 6S
xoexoe is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice! I haven't inverted the Nano indoors, but I was pretty proud that I inverted my 150x in my small backyard, dodging all the vines without crashing and such.
Old 12-23-2018, 07:18 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I did some basic forward flight and some inverted hovers in various orientations. Need more work in the latter.

I also tried circle paths. Probably a better name for them. Circuits? Anyway, I clearly need sim practice. I’ve also noticed that lazy circles are harder for me than nose-in funnels. Weird.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew my cps outside (for the very first time) and performed several flips and some inverted nose-in hovers.

Those inverted nose-in hovers are so much harder with this micro heli than with my 130S or 230S. Definitely need some practice on that.

Nano CPS =
Old 12-26-2018, 01:46 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_dad View Post
Flew my cps outside (for the very first time) and performed several flips and some inverted nose-in hovers.

Those inverted nose-in hovers are so much harder with this micro heli than with my 130S or 230S. Definitely need some practice on that.

Nano CPS =
Agree with your sentiment. If I can do it on the Nano, I can do it with anything. View it as a trainer. Smile when you can just pick it up and fly again after it crashes.

Old 12-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yesterday I installed the Microheli swashplate and anti-rotation bracket = best update ever,It flies so much smoother

Must admit it was a PITA to install the anti-rotation bracket...those tiny little screws
Old 12-27-2018, 09:40 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

That’s great! Glad you like the swash. I didn’t notice any flight difference, but then again it had been a month or so between my stock swash breaking any finally getting a new aluminum one.

And I totally agree with you about those tiny screws. Teeezers and swearing are the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_dad View Post
Yesterday I installed the Microheli swashplate and anti-rotation bracket = best update ever,It flies so much smoother [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]

Must admit it was a PITA to install the anti-rotation bracket...those tiny little screws [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.helifreak.com/images/smilies/BangHead.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-29-2018, 06:03 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My nano CPS acted weired this evening... in full flight => all of the sudden powerloss in combination with a shaking tail.

Cross checked all connections => all OK
Cross checked my battery => OK

Could it be that my main motor is already up for replacement? Only flew max 50 flights with it (always in Idle 2 - highest mode) and max 2 batteries at once (than let it cool down for about 10-15 min).

Must admit, at the beginning of the week, I accidentally stepped on it (luckily in high grass). It did not suffer from any visible damage...a couple of days after this incident, I installed my MH swash and it flew great (20 flights) until today.
Old 12-29-2018, 06:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

The brushed motors don't last long especially if you push them hard. It is what it is with the CPS. I always keep spares of both motors on hand but anymore it doesn't get the flights it used to since I've learned to fly other stuff well. It gets those stuck inside day flights.

Luckily the motors are cheap (sorta) and changed in no time. The most I've gotten out of any main motor is 150 flights and then it was only good for the first few mins.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2018, 02:17 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been trying to fly with a purpose, deciding on one or two things to focus on for all the batteries I've charged.

Today for the Nano CP S it was:
  • taking off & landing nose-in
  • slow stationary pirouettes, CW & CCW

I put 4 batteries (220 mAh each) through the Nano for 4 minutes each. Spent the first half of the first battery just hovering at weird orientations (e.g., nose pointing somewhere between nose-in and leftward) just to get comfortable. The other 3.5 batteries were all pirouettes. It's nice to see short-term improvement from the first battery to the last. I'm still horrible, but at least there's improvement. Hope it sticks!

I've also decided to do less flips/inverted hovering indoors. At least for now. I was breaking too many Nano parts.

Old 12-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just performed an indoor "test-flight" and same symptoms again:
- as from the start tail shaking
- after 1 minute of hovering a remarkable powerloss
- after 1min 30sec no power at all. Heli does not even take off anymore. I removed the canopy and noticed a certain burning smell

I wanted to buy a replacement motor from micro-motor-warehouse but they have no stock.

Any good suggestions where to buy a new alternative motor or would you buy the original Horizon Hobby motor again?
Old 12-30-2018, 10:09 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would just install another stock motor. Always let the motor cool down after each 3-4 minute flight. I usually let things cool for 2-3 minutes after each flight. Doing this will help with longevity, I think.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I agree.
I burned out my first motor by swapping out batteries in a rush to fly.
Now I let the battery cool before i recharge it, and I dont swap out batteries until the motor gets a good rest.
Patience.
_MACE_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2018, 08:30 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

One idea is to just get six batteries and then parallel charge them. With plenty of batteries in hand, just let the motors cool before flying the next pack.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:11 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys aren’t lying about the motor getting hot! Just ended a 4 minute flight and the tail motor is very warm to the touch. Gonna let this thing rest!

Old 12-31-2018, 09:33 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just picked up a replacement main motor (horizon hobby) at my local Hobby shop... will install it somewhere tomorrow and keep you guys updated.

Things I ordered yesterday 30/12/18:
- motor with the same specifications and dimensions from Aliexpress at 1/5 of the price of HH.
- metal head and metal gripplates from Microheli (-30% off until 31/12).

Letting the bird cool down:
I always flew 2 batteries empty and than let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes. In future, will let it rest after every battery.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in