Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By drparker151

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2018, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX8G2 programming

So just picked up a DX8 G2, huge step up from the DX6i I've been using. Was programming it last night and I read the programming for the DX9 is essentially the same. Two questions though. I'm not interested in stability mode so how do I remove it, also how do I move the bail out /recovery from the bind switch to Switch A?
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A

hi
do a search on here and you will find how to put girl mode onto switch A
weinribgeddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2018, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona0915 View Post
I'm not interested in stability mode so how do I remove it?
You just don't use that flight mode.

With how floaty the 230s is though, you may find landing is easier if you flick it into stability mode about a foot off the ground. With the separate tail motor, this isn't a heli where you would want to hit TH right before landing. It'll go into a wild spin if you do because the tail comes to a screeching halt. Ask me how I know haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinribgeddy View Post
...girl mode...
Old 02-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
You just don't use that flight mode.

With how floaty the 230s is though, you may find landing is easier if you flick it into stability mode about a foot off the ground. With the separate tail motor, this isn't a heli where you would want to hit TH right before landing. It'll go into a wild spin if you do because the tail comes to a screeching halt. Ask me how I know haha

Yes it does LOL! Yeah I've had a 230 since it came out but was using my DX6i and was limited with flight modes. I programmed it so I didn't have stability mode , with having all the 3 position switches I was just wanting to make sure which section of the programming to ignore so I didn't have stability assigned at all.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona0915 View Post
...., also how do I move the bail out /recovery from the bind switch to Switch A?
The Bind Switch is Switch I, so wherever the instructions had you program switch I change that to Switch A. OR, open your DX8 and swap the switches so the monetary Switch I is in the lower Switch A position.
Old 02-24-2018, 10:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know Brokedad used to talk about how to do it. Had something to do with gyro or gear channel, but I forget. I just stayed in IU1 or 2 and started off in that mode. Just made for a more predictable take off and flight.

Glad you got your DX8. Got the Oxy 3 FBL changes all done? You can now have banks and rescue.

Oxy 2/3/4/5; XL Power 700; DX9
Lynx Heli Innovations Field Rep
jrman83 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2018, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

If it works the same as the Nano, assign channel gear to gear on the first page of channel programming and then on the 2nd page assign gear to switch A.

This assigns Stability (SAFE) to the A switch and leaves Rescue on I. Now you can have Stability on or off in any flight mode and the flight modes are just used for Throttle and Pitch curves. Mommentary Rescue is always available as well.
Lotus 7 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in