Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2018, 06:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade 450x receiver

Hi, we bought a Blade 450x off Ebay and we've been unable to get it flying despite what was advertised. We think there's a problem with the Spektrum AR7200BX receiver and when looking to replace, it has apparently been discontinued.

I wonder if anyone could offer some advice for a suitable, reasonably priced alternative. We're absolute novices and struggle to control our Heli's tail in so cutting edge technology not necessary.

I don't know if it's relevant but we use a Spektrum DXe transmitter.

Appreciate any advice, thanks in advance.
steptoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2018, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

what problems are you experiencing?
Old 02-23-2018, 09:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Made a post regarding it earlier (few weeks ago) which might better explain.

Simply put we can't get the tail rudder central. It's rests fully to the left or right i don't recall specifically.

Thought it might be transmitter related since we bought a dx6i off ebay to companion the 450 but we've gotten rid of the transmitter to someone who has since verified that it is in working order.

We attached a receiver from an old Wasp x3v and used a Nasa701 transmitter that came with it and that allows for full travel & equal movement left/right without any setup. The tail rudder was also central as you might expect. We'd be happy to go with it like this except the controls are inverted and we don't know how to change them since there seems to be little instruction available, at least in English.

So we concluded that the issue must be with the ar700 receiver since we've had good results with a different receiver and have had a positive review from the dx6i.

We thought it might be a setup issue since we'd only ever bought RTF historically. However, we've followed online guides/videos and used settings in the manuals for the transmitters and we've had no luck.

We're unsure what to do truth be told and any optimism slowly but surely dwindling.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you tried resetting the ar7200 back to full factory default and starting from scratch with programming it?

It's extremely rare for an ar7200 to have any issues. I'm thinking there's a setting in the Rx that is not correct
Old 02-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeh i believe so. Feel like i've reset it back to default settings several times and tried different setups. That being said i wouldn't necessarily rule out human error.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll have to read the ar7200 manual again to refresh my memory. But it sounds like you just aren't setting up the travel or neutral positions properly.

Just to clarify, the servo won't center at all? It just pegs full left or full right?
Old 02-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeh, and then we don't get full travel in the opposite direction, it roughly reaches the centre position but then snaps back when Tx released
Old 02-23-2018, 06:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

can you email me the .srm file you have loaded in the DXe that you're trying to use for this setup?

Steve.belliveau82 at gmail dot com

Also if you can post here or in the email to me a full list of all electronic parts on the heli, including part numbers if possible. And a list of which components are plugged into which ports on the ar7200bx. And what battery you're using too.

I'm re-reading the ar7200bx manual right now, just need the above info to piece the puzzle together and hopefully help you out
Old 02-24-2018, 04:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, i've got no idea what .srm file's loaded into the DXe, we've never had it connected to a PC or anything & not sure we have the wire necessary to do so but i'll have a look and see what we can figure out.

I'll get a list of all the parts for you but won't be til late tonight.

Big thanks for the help
Old 02-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
Hi, i've got no idea what .srm file's loaded into the DXe, we've never had it connected to a PC or anything & not sure we have the wire necessary to do so but i'll have a look and see what we can figure out.
I was wondering if that was the case. That's most likely the entire problem right there. You need to be able to program the DXe with specific settings for it to work right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
I'll get a list of all the parts for you but won't be til late tonight.

Big thanks for the help
No problem, you're welcome
Old 02-24-2018, 08:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeh, i mean we specifically bought a DX6i to accompany the 450x and we entered the correct values according to the manual but didn't seem to help much.

Don't know if there's something more we were supposed to download, but if so, we didn't.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have an audio cable that seems to fit transmitter/PC but nothing happens when the two are connected except for a beep from the transmitter but that happens before the two are connected.

Long story short, can't connect to PC presently
Old 02-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to buy part#: SPMA3065. That's the only cable that will communicate with the DXe. That's for use with a PC. after using the PC to upgrade the firmware, then you can use the same cable with an OTG cable for your smartphone or tablet and download the DXe app. Then you can have full access to all the advanced settings and such, and make changes out in the field.

Without this cable there's nothing you can do with the DXe because you have no idea what calibration or settings are loaded into it.

The audio port is not for programming btw, it's a trainer port to connect two transmitters together, and is also used for a few flight simulators.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in