Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 10:18 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like what they have done with this model especially the overal tail design. Personally I would love a 500 but this is where things start to get expensive. Cost generally goes up in small steps from micros up to 450/470 sized models but once you make that jump to 500 class there is also a substantial jump in cost, particularly the electronics and even lipo's.

@Gimpygolden. Yes I totally agree, this isn't a stretched 450/470, It's a proper 500 class machine.

Last edited by Lotus 7; 03-02-2018 at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Separated my comments.
Lotus 7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2018, 11:16 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
@Gimpygolden. Yes, this isn't a stretched 450/470. It's a proper 500 class machine. I like what they have done with this model especially the overal tail design. Personally I would love a 500 but this is where things start to get expensive. Cost generally goes up in small steps from micros up to 450/470 sized models but once you make that jump to 500 class there is also a substantial jump in cost, particularly the electronics and even lipo's.
I realize that.
It's already running fullsize (550+) servo's, 6S/4400, a 4320 motor... Why not market it as a 500? It pretty much already is other than the 480mm mains.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Because blade names all their heli models after the blade size now, not frame size
Old 03-02-2018, 05:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
Because blade names all their heli models after the blade size now, not frame size
You're missing my point.
It's built as a 500, why not sell it as one.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does it really matter what they call it? As long as it flies good and they keep it going more than a year or two I could care less what they call it.
Grumpy_Old_Man likes this.

Darkness Keeps Chasing Me.....GV
ifheli is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2018, 07:17 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
You're missing my point.
It's built as a 500, why not sell it as one.
No I'm not. You're missing MY point. For several years now Blade has been naming ALL of their heli's according to the actual main blade size. Abnormal? Yes. Different? Yes. Wrong? No not at all. They can call their products whatever they want. It's their company...
Besides, it's not built AS anything. It's a heli built all new from the ground up. It doesn't conform to anything in specific. The main blades are 480mm, so they named it the 480. The fact that it's roughly the size of a typical 500 class heli is just coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifheli View Post
Does it really matter what they call it? As long as it flies good and they keep it going more than a year or two I could care less what they call it.
Exactly.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:33 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 7 View Post
I like what they have done with this model especially the overal tail design. Personally I would love a 500 but this is where things start to get expensive. Cost generally goes up in small steps from micros up to 450/470 sized models but once you make that jump to 500 class there is also a substantial jump in cost, particularly the electronics and even lipo's.

@Gimpygolden. Yes I totally agree, this isn't a stretched 450/470, It's a proper 500 class machine.
That's one thing James mentioned....because full size servos are a bit of overkill on a heli this size, you can get by with less expensive (cheap) full size servos rather than expensive top end mini servos and have as much or more power and strength. Go to a 520/550 and now you need quality full size servos.
Goblin 700 Tri-oblin, Goblin 570 Freedom Edition #19
.... MSH Brain, Spektrum, MKS, Xpert, Scorpion, Kontronik, KDE, Helix, VTX
Chigoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2018, 10:05 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifheli View Post
Nope, not at all. But it's a 500 as far as I'm concerned. See why below.
And I hope to see the same but that's yet to be seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoxxxman View Post
No I'm not. You're missing MY point. For several years now Blade has been naming ALL of their heli's according to the actual main blade size. Abnormal? Yes. Different? Yes. Wrong? No not at all. They can call their products whatever they want. It's their company...
Besides, it's not built AS anything. It's a heli built all new from the ground up. It doesn't conform to anything in specific. The main blades are 480mm, so they named it the 480. The fact that it's roughly the size of a typical 500 class heli is just coincidence.

Exactly.
Nope, you don't.
I don't care what they call it, just saying sell it as it's equip.
It's running a 500 size LiPo, 480mm typicality use 37/3800. It's got a 500 motor, actually larger than std 4020 size used in most true 500's. It's got Std servo's, lower spec'd or not that are most common on 550/600/700 machine...

Yet they stick 480mm on it, why.
I guess it'll just be a heavy 480 until guy's start stretching it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigoe View Post
That's one thing James mentioned....because full size servos are a bit of overkill on a heli this size, you can get by with less expensive (cheap) full size servos rather than expensive top end mini servos and have as much or more power and strength. Go to a 520/550 and now you need quality full size servos.
There are 550's (XL Power, Diabolo, JR) using Mini size, they've come a long way. Now most modern Mini's have Std size motors in em with same specs as decent full size servo's.

Man all you Blade Fan Boy's are touchy. Suddenly I'm less interested.
CrashyCrashy likes this.
Old 03-03-2018, 12:54 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

via Imgflip Meme Generator
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2018, 01:57 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
There are 550's (XL Power, Diabolo, JR) using Mini size, they've come a long way. Now most modern Mini's have Std size motors in em with same specs as decent full size servo's.
I agree, check the XLPower videos of a 550 size heli being flown extreme hard smack 3D at screaming headspeed on mini servos. There is no logical reason why a 500 to 550 heli should need to use the same servos as a 700-800 size heli that has 2 or 3 times more power and weight.

People argue.. Ah but you can use cheap low performance standard servos... REALLY.. since when did anyone really do that. Using cheap low quality servos on a heli swash is never a good idea regardless of servo size. There are plenty of high performance mini servos at a decently low price, you just have to avoid the 'boutique' brand names.

I'd have rather seen minis on this new 480, it would have saved a useful amount of weight and kept the frame more compact and stiffer in the critical area around the main bearing mounts.

I still like he heli though
kik35 and johnniechang like this.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:14 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Man all you Blade Fan Boy's are touchy. Suddenly I'm less interested.
I`m not a fanboy of Blade. I`m a cloner, gaui, protos, sab, kds, jr, tt liker. I have never been a fanboy of anyone brand.

Who knows, Blade may use this same frame layout for 550 or 600 size bird. Only time will tell what will happen.

Also if you listen to one video they did say Fusion 480 came out lighter than they expected it to be.

Also who knows they may include mini servo mounts in the kit. We will not know till the F480 hits the streets.

Darkness Keeps Chasing Me.....GV
ifheli is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2018, 06:51 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks really nice to me. The good thing about a heli that size is it's just below the need for expensive parts like 12S batteries and ESCs and full size servos. I agree the landing gear could be nicer, don't really like those carbon fiber cutouts, but otherwise the heli looks great.

That it comes with a Vbar is not a big a deal to me. I'd just sell it and put what I want on there which would be a Brain. It's not clear if it will be a kit or pre-assembled, but I would expect it to be ARF at minimum like all of Blade's offerings. That can be a good thing, not everyone wants to assemble their model. Also you get the package deal which typically comes in a good amount cheaper than buying stuff a la carte.

Like someone mentioned earlier, Blade got me into model helis and I wish them success. I don't fly any larger Blade helis, kit helis there. I have a heavily modified mCPX I keep going though. I don't plan on buying one of their larger helis at this point, but it's possible. There is one problem with Blade as brought up before. Other makers will keep a heli in production for years. Blade will drop a model pretty quick if it doesn't do well in sales. If you own a Blade heli you like a lot it can be discouraging if that happens.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackovart View Post
220, 221...whatever it takes... Let's see who gets that reference.
Watchthis99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2018, 12:05 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post

That it comes with a Vbar is not a big a deal to me. I'd just sell it and put what I want on there which would be a Brain.
Good choice on the Brain/iKON, but I highly doubt Blade is going to release it with a Mikado Vbar or anything else not Spektrum branded. If anything, they'll use their homegrown AR636 RX/FBL unit they've been putting on everything else lately that's not an ultra-micro.
yakky likes this.
Watchthis99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2018, 11:39 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder how long it will be before they officially announce it for preorder.
Old 03-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn you Blade... Was just starting to venture out to other brands for the bigger birds, and now this.. Seriously though, I love the look of the fusion line. Even the backwards looking skids, go great with the look.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:01 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

We want fusion sea foam green.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

fusion 480 fusion 480 fusion 480 i been waiting a long time to get into a bigger heli
therick04pp likes this.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackovart View Post
fusion 480 fusion 480 fusion 480 i been waiting a long time to get into a bigger heli
Get a 600 they fly so much nicer.

This one does look nice but i told myself i was finished with blade lol.. Ive had so so many of there helicopters I do like to get another 180 wish i never sold mine.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2018, 11:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Get a 600 they fly so much nicer.

This one does look nice but i told myself i was finished with blade lol.. Ive had so so many of there helicopters I do like to get another 180 wish i never sold mine.
I would love to fly a 600. I would need to upgrade everything to go that big. Can't see myself spending the money to do that. The fusion 480 is doable with what i have i think. Thanks much for the advise though. Cant wait till we get a price point for the 480.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in