Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2018, 05:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default stuck in 6g mode [ solved ]

my new xk 120 is stuck in beginner mode..my other xk 110 flips great but this 120 is stuck in beginner mode or something.. d/r's are 100% on both switch settings. what gives?

edit: ok, I think I fixed it..seems like if the gyro is too high, it keeps you in 6g mode no matter what.
got d/r down to 70% and I think it will flip fine now but too dark.

Last edited by tonys-heli; 02-27-2018 at 03:51 PM..
tonys-heli is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2018, 04:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hopefully you've got it fixed - but if all else fails you can take the back of and simply un-solder one wire and re-solder it to the other pole of the same switch and you have constant 3D mode.

I did this as I won't ever use 6G and didn't want to accidentally select it
Mikej is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Tony

Nice to know you got it fixed. As we discussed it could be the radio settings as experienced by couple of dudes here and over at rcg (but with K110s).

Anyway, i hope you post your initial impression and long term experience with that K120 here. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2018, 01:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok, just got home from work so i'll be tuning a bit.. I would be nice if I could figure out the x9d that I have to use with these xk's..
Old 02-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok..all good now..flips real nice. 80% d/r -25% expo. I'm not even using 100%tc. around 75% I think..its way easier to tune than the trex 150x..the trex lipos fit with a little sanding on the white housing.
it would be fantastic with a blheli flashed esc.
now I need a better tx for it.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
ok, just got home from work so i'll be tuning a bit.. I would be nice if I could figure out the x9d that I have to use with these xk's..
You just need the iRangeX module add on and you'll be able to do that. This one is priced reasonably. I remember buying mine last year for 45 bucks.

After that i can send you a copy of the eepe that i use so you can just bind and fly after flashing. I also made a switch mix for a simulated "Rescue" function like full sized fbl. A couple of dudes here already tried it and quite happy.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot you were talking about the K120. Totally different that the K110. But i think their channel selections are the same so it should work with some minor adjustments with the radio mixing.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonys-heli View Post
ok..all good now..flips real nice. 80% d/r -25% expo. I'm not even using 100%tc. around 75% I think..its way easier to tune than the trex 150x..the trex lipos fit with a little sanding on the white housing.
it would be fantastic with a blheli flashed esc.
now I need a better tx for it.

Don't push me, Tony. I really don't need one so i can just experiment Bliheli with it.

Joking aside, you have a highly modded T150 right? How do you compare them now? As i discussed here, I'd still pick the K110 over the 150dfc which i owned for quite some time.
Old 02-27-2018, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92.M3 View Post
Don't push me, Tony. I really don't need one so i can just experiment Bliheli with it.

Joking aside, you have a highly modded T150 right? How do you compare them now? As i discussed here, I'd still pick the K110 over the 150dfc which i owned for quite some time.
the 110 bogs too bad for me..and its just my bad collective mgmt.. but the 120 has more power. the tail is a little wonky some times on the 120, unlike the 110. I still like the 120 over my 150.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not me:
Wonky tail?
Xk k120--DEMO--FULL POWER (3 min 59 sec)

Mine has like a glitch, some times fly perfect sometimes like it looses pitch or something like it, haven't fly it for a long time, may charge up batteries and see what is wrong with it.
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2018, 05:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine has that same glitch. that's when the tail goes weird.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:12 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems that you can not find booms anymore or at least they haven't restocked on BG yet, so, don't crash it tail in and be carefull where the boom meets the plastic body, very fragile.

Do the servo saver mode to avoid getting new servos, hope you already did that
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2018, 02:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrica View Post
Seems that you can not find booms anymore or at least they haven't restocked on BG yet, so, don't crash it tail in and be carefull where the boom meets the plastic body, very fragile.

Do the servo saver mode to avoid getting new servos, hope you already did that
I'm checking out cf rod at aloft for tailbooms, but what about replacement servos? I thought there was another that fit.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.