Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

View Poll Results: Fusion 480 choices
I want a bnf 21 30.88%
I want a super combo, all electronics included 21 30.88%
I want a bare bones kit 15 22.06%
Im not interested in the 480 at all 11 16.18%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fusion 480 poll

Lets see where everyone is on this. I want a super combo kit.

Last edited by jackovart; 03-30-2018 at 03:35 PM..
jackovart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2018, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Iím not too sure how or if to vote as I want a machine that will be supported for more than 6 months.

Steve
Indokast and alvaro84 like this.
Old 03-30-2018, 03:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have no spares laying around, Im lazy and just wanna fly not build so i picked BNF as long as its put together well has good electronics im fine. I really hope it has a castle esc as that is what Im used to but who knows.
#!kaerfileh likes this.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2018, 03:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry i didnt include an option for...going to wait until its been supported for a year or more. I think its safe to say blade has learned this lesson though, i bet its around for a long while. Just my thoughts
Old 03-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackovart View Post
Sorry i didnt include an option for...going to wait until its been supported for a year or more. I think its safe to say blade has learned this lesson though, i bet its around for a long while. Just my thoughts
Not trying to be rude but I don't see that happening. Why would they after the track record is very clear on what they do. I've had prolly 20 Blade models at least over the years so not a hater. Just saying.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
Not trying to be rude but I don't see that happening. Why would they after the track record is very clear on what they do. I've had prolly 20 Blade models at least over the years so not a hater. Just saying.
Not rude at all, i just have a feeling this one will be around for a while. I think they have it figured out now. I suppose it just depends on sales. . I cant believe how many want a bnf, doesnt look like it will happen though.
Old 03-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For the people that want this model I hope they change and offer it for years. Time will tell.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me a BNF, Super combo or bare kit are all options. I will figure it out when it is released. I'm just glad they are releasing new models.
Old 03-30-2018, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I voted Super Combo, but I'd take the kit or bnf just as well.
Hexapod32 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 12:28 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

BNF is my first choice if Blades has it available.
#!kaerfileh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 01:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me BNF if it has SAFE otherwise not interested,

Last edited by flappist; 03-31-2018 at 03:27 AM..
flappist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 02:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have come to the conclusion that Blade cannot win. It seems to me that through the recent years, everyone has said "We want kit helicopters!".
Now, they have said they will be doing this as a kit and everyone comes out of the woodwork to say they want a BNF, which is what everyone seemed to be against!

Next, they will come out and say they are going to do everything from bare bones kit to BNF and people will complain that there are too many choices.
FR4-Pilot and Thorvald like this.

--Blade 500 3D--Blade 360CFX--Blade 450 3D--Blade 230S--Blade 130S (x2)--Blade MCPX BL--Blade MSR-X--Blade MSR--Estes Proto X--UMX Radian---DX8 Gen 2--Heli-X 4.2 Sim--
helitack32f1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 02:42 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I voted bnf but if it comes to it. I would order my first kit and see how it goes
Old 03-31-2018, 03:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Blade cannot win. It seems to me that through the recent years, everyone has said "We want kit helicopters!".
Now, they have said they will be doing this as a kit and everyone comes out of the woodwork to say they want a BNF, which is what everyone seemed to be against!

Next, they will come out and say they are going to do everything from bare bones kit to BNF and people will complain that there are too many choices.
Haters will always hate...

Fanboys will always be fanboys...

But nobody in their right mind will say that Blade/HH has not done the R/C hobby good...even the handful that have never bought a new one

I've been disappointed with recent offerings as voiced in other threads...but I will always try any model that appeals to me
howaboutme likes this.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I chose super combo.. but idk.

bnf is awesome.. but 480mm? Id be afraid QC missed some loctite on a feathering shaft or jesus bolt.. or who knows where else. I dont wanna die or crash.

Kit.. yeah.. but Id hate to purchase everything seperate for a blade heli when it could be a super combo and maybe swap a fbl unit and call it a day.

480 looks awesome tho. Good job blade. Now for the love of God.. I wanna fly my helis for forever.. not call hobby shops all over the planet hoping to score a main gear one day. My heli purchases are now based entirely on my best guess as to which models will have the longest running parts support. So I have leaned towards Align, Oxy, and Synergy the most. I love some of the blade helis tho.. I still own plenty.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 08:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indokast View Post
I chose super combo.. but idk.

bnf is awesome.. but 480mm? Id be afraid QC missed some loctite on a feathering shaft or jesus bolt.. or who knows where else. I dont wanna die or crash.

Kit.. yeah.. but Id hate to purchase everything seperate for a blade heli when it could be a super combo and maybe swap a fbl unit and call it a day.

480 looks awesome tho. Good job blade. Now for the love of God.. I wanna fly my helis for forever.. not call hobby shops all over the planet hoping to score a main gear one day. My heli purchases are now based entirely on my best guess as to which models will have the longest running parts support. So I have leaned towards Align, Oxy, and Synergy the most. I love some of the blade helis tho.. I still own plenty.
That's why you take every bolt loose check it and put loc tite on urself .at least i do with big helis i admit i didn't do that on my 180 i should had but on a bigger then 450 yeah im checking every single bolt.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackovart View Post
i just have a feeling this one will be around for a while. I think they have it figured out now. I suppose it just depends on sales. .
Horizon / Blade are great companies. Certainly they have introduced many aspiring pilots. But they have a terrible record when it comes to maintaining a fleet. And for that reason, I'm on the fence with Blade. I've been seeing a lot of "Sales" on their 360. And I've noticed that Lynx has already started a "Sale-Off" on some of the 360 parts. Is the 360's life over? Could the 480 be replacing the 360?
Old 03-31-2018, 03:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

And the 130s has been discounted now. Seems another Blade model to be discontinued.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helitack32f1 View Post

I wonder if they didnít discontinue products so quickly, or keep parts stocked for a long time afterwards, if they would be more popular. Was it some of there previous 500+ sizes that parts were obsolete and people were stuck with a paper weight? I know HH/blade did start making gears for one of those models recently.
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2018, 04:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
That's why you take every bolt loose check it and put loc tite on urself .at least i do with big helis i admit i didn't do that on my 180 i should had but on a bigger then 450 yeah im checking every single bolt.
That is definitely the way to go, even if it is a "bnf" from HH.
Epoweredrc and jasond1979 like this.
plus many others 420 and under
Indokast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in