Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade mCPS

Blade mCPS Blade mCPS Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Blow out

Hi guys,

I purchased a used mcps. I am a novice and have struggled to figure out if it is set up correctly. When I go to flip it upside down the tail blows out. Sometimes it seems to be ok for half a second but always there is a dramatic spin so I hit throttle hold and tell it i'm sorry. I cant tell if its dependent on how much pitch I add inverted or not.

I installed the brushless upgrade hoping that would magically make me a better pilot. The heli still does not like inverted flight. with the exact same symptoms of rapid yaw spin every time I flip it upside down. Any suggestions?
thanks
9toesfpv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2018, 02:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I agree I JUST bought one a few days ago, and the videos show the most locked in Bull shit.

one flip and it spins lol. not to mentione the occasional twitch on the tail when hovering.

false advertisment at its best. Id return it if I could (lhs doesn't accept returns)
navyguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ...

Had the same problem. Tail blowing out just trying to flip it over. Try Raising your servo travel adjustment more than what the manual states. I ended up with this:

see if it helps.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of box mcps is not very capable of 3d. Think about it , a heavier helicopter with more powerful motor and larger rotor has exactly the same tail assembly as nano cps but slightly longer tail boom, to me it's ridiculous.

The default 75/75 pitch travel is intended to reduce tail blow out but seriously lacking power. Increase it to 100/100 then it's guaranteed to cause tbo during flip.

An easy solution is to get a mcpx extended tail boom assembly, which pretty much eliminates tbo even at 100/100 pitch setting.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018, 03:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ...

manual settings didn't work for me. Not only that when I did get it inverted I had to pull full negative to just barely maintain inverted hover, that's after eyeball adjusting 0 pitch at midstick. Changing the settings worked for me and I haven't had any TBO's just doing a simple flip. With the standard tail boom.

Last edited by mingledorffw; 09-26-2018 at 04:02 PM..
mingledorffw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingledorffw View Post
manual settings didn't work for me. Not only that when I did get it inverted I had to pull full negative to just barely maintain inverted hover, that's after eyeball adjusting 0 pitch at midstick. Changing the settings worked for me and I haven't had any TBO's just doing a simple flip. With the standard tail boom.
If you change the pitch curve to something like 0 20 50 75 100% it could help with inverted hover stick position being too low

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
koopa137 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The mCPS is just the latest in a series of failures since the introduction of micro SAFE models...

Anyone else notice that the mCPX and 130X and nCPX were Advanced Class heli's...and the nCPS and 130S and mCPS are now downgraded to Level 2 ?

I passed completely on the nCPS...bought and sold the 130S...and the mCPS is currently a shelf queen even after upgrading to the brushless kit - DFC head - 7mm OverSky tail motor and extended boom with longer main blades...

Another failure for the SAFE series
Old 11-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I figured mine out and am having fun with it. I made a 15 cm extended boom (the Horizon long boom is 14 cm) with a 2 mm thick welding rod. No more tbo and being metal the tail is undestructable LOL!

Today's Blade McpS flight (3 min 18 sec)
SpekBo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in