Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike656
  • 1 Post By salrica
  • 1 Post By Mike656
  • 1 Post By salrica
  • 1 Post By Mike656
  • 1 Post By Mike656

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default getting back to flying...

After a several month long break, I'm getting back into flying so naturally I dusted off the ol' K110 and it's putting a smile on my face.

What I'm after is more consistent power delivery throughout the flight and maybe even a bit more power overall. I'm using the original Goo 500's I bought with it.

I typically use this heli to fly out front on the street where my Oxy 2 feels too big and powerful.

I don't want to put much money into it as it flies pretty nicely for what it is and I can crash it without much fear. I would like consistent power throughout the flight though so wondering what lipo's people are using that they report good results with.

I've also thought changing the pinion could be all I need to get me a bit more pop.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never going to get a lot of pop from a 1S.

But you can get consistent power throughout the flight by flashing the ESC with BLHeli main governor firmware. There is a thread here showing how to do it.

Stock ESC + Blheli: A Necessary MOD
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge-runner View Post
Never going to get a lot of pop from a 1S.

But you can get consistent power throughout the flight by flashing the ESC with BLHeli main governor firmware. There is a thread here showing how to do it.

Stock ESC + Blheli: A Necessary MOD
I'm not looking for a huge increase as far as pop is concerned. If I was able to achieve the power during the the first 2 secs of flight throughout the entire flight, that would be fine.

Guessing that the BL heli flash would require some headroom to keep it consistent therefore I wouldn't get the same top of tht pack power as I do now, but the tradeoff would be consistent power, which is still my main priority. I'll look into it. thx.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try these. Hv, but I only charge to 4.2v. Order the ones with the white plug to fit the xk
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5-...2-bd5c8e7007a5

Enjoy
ryguy76 likes this.
Mike656 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 10:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike656 View Post
Try these. Hv, but I only charge to 4.2v. Order the ones with the white plug to fit the xk
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-5-...2-bd5c8e7007a5

Enjoy
Mike,
Have you tried the nanotech?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...___store=en_us

Wondering how good the ones that you linked are compared to the nano-tech, thatís why Iím asking.

I bought some Tattu batteries hoping to get more power than nanos and nano-tech still has more, way more than Tattuís

To the OP, get the 9t pinion and some good batteries, you would not be disappointed.
ryguy76 likes this.
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Saltrica
Got five of the nanotecs before buying the gnbs. 4.3 grams heavier, but well worth the extra weight. Good power delivery through the flight, and coming down with 3.7 to 3.8 volts after a 3 1/2 minutes.
salrica likes this.
Old 12-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like I can no longer buy lipo's from China and get them delivered to Canada as I used to be able to.

So GNB's are out. Can't find a US distributor.

Seems that I can get lipo's from HK though if going through US warehouse.

Is the Nano 300's my best option from there?
Old 12-08-2018, 07:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes.
I have my brain clock set at 3:30 seconds and some times I just keep going as the punch still there from this little packs, but also I’m using the 9T pinion.

I haven’t flash this ESC with BLheli firmware, not sure if I would get more consistent power, but after doing the throttle calibration it works for me, power would not sag.
ryguy76 likes this.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The nanotechs work, just remember to swap the negative/ positive leads over. Throttle calibration is a must.
ryguy76 likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, going to try those nanoís then.

Are we talking standard ESC endpoint calibration? Same routine as usual? (Power on with high stick, hear beep, drop to low stock, done?). Or something else entirely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ryguy76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flat throttle curve 0-100%
Old 12-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Standard esc calibration. Only problem is that the flight board wonít pass a throttle signal through until it sees the low throttle signal.
So remove the white signal wire on the esc connection plug to the flight board, but leave the red and black wires in. Plug in the battery, and when everything is powered up, high throttle and insert the white wire. Should get a couple of beeps, low throttle, more beeps and youíre done. Tx zero to hundred for calibration, flat line when done.
Needless to say, take the main gear off as a safety precaution.
ryguy76 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in