Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 250 CFX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bunnyshooter223

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2018, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 250 CFX Issue of the Day

Please listen to the sound of the Main Drive system:
Blade 250 CFX -Sloopy Main Drive (0 min 36 sec)

It looks like:
-Gear Mesh?
-320Hellish motor?
-Bad Main Shaft bearings?

The Heli was 'chirping' during its 1st legit flight yesterday. Now i see why. I am going to adjust gear mesh, it is tight in a spot. But i am thinking motor... dunno yet (?) Any ideas welcome

(Probably going Oxy after this crappy Blade 250 CFX experience... but to be fair i bought the 250 used. Helis should be reliable #1) Sorry i filmed vertical. I must have been standing up lol

Update: It's the 320H motor which is stuttering. I think it is the bearings, they feel a bit rough. I will either order new bearings or sell this heli.

For comparison, i have crashed my Rimfire 400 28-30-950 head-on into Earth 3 times and it still works (airplane when i was learning to fly). The 320H has undersize shaft & small bearings what a complete piece of crap!

This Heli is a fairly decent design besides the 320H motor. I cant believe Blade recycled this infamous motor from thier 300X :O

Ideas/comments welcome

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-25-2018 at 07:17 PM.. Reason: word1ng, lay0ut
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sounds like main shaft bearing bad OR motor bearings OR both.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2018, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Info to Make It Work

It is the motor. Bearings are a little rough. At least it is not wobbling like my last (used) motor.

The shaft is marked by outer bearing but is not indented, so I am getting ready to order some bearings.

This is a V2 motor, afaik. My v1 320H motor has a space on shaft (oem) where outer bearing resides i plan to make a video...

I was thinking last night,i could try balancing the motor. Maybe proper balancing is why some pilots have had many flights with stock motor while others have 10 ...

I am considering Lynx EOX 1911 3600kv motor. It looks about same weight on 3S and hopefully wont trip up the ESC. it may require modding motor mount or a custom motor mount. Dunno yet.

It has also cone to my attention... that i could replace the stock Dual-ESC with a higher amp Main ESC and smaller drone ESC. This is good news as this would allow me to run Main Motors that might over-power the stock Dual-ESC.

My next heli will be belt tail... this is all the fault of the awfully crapola 320H motor that fails prematurely.

I do like the way the 250 CFX flies, for the 4 minutes of real flight i have got out of it...

I can't believe there are so many aftermarket parts for the 250 but no direct-replacement high-quality Main Motor i have to guess what will fit based on weight and kv...

I may just sell it. Oxy is looking rather tempting now. A 330X and Fusion 270 as well. I can easily replace motors/esc's in those. Maybe a used Trex 250...

I could build an Oxy3 and use the H3050 servos from my 250 CFX i think, lol
Old 04-26-2018, 10:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was thinking last night,i could try balancing the motor. Maybe proper balancing is why some pilots have had many flights with stock motor while others have 10 ...

Sometimes moving the sticker on the motor to balance works, IIRC on the old 450X motors that the sticker would throw the balance off just enough to eat motor bearing too.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sticker/Balance

Hey, good info, thanks

The middle of my sticker is missing (shaved off by previous owner). Besides the bearings, it looks okay. No wobbles.

Thanks! No more buying used 320H motors...
Edit: added some tape for balance but still need to buy bearings
LubeMan1 likes this.

Last edited by Bunnyshooter223; 04-26-2018 at 10:36 AM..
Bunnyshooter223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Selling the 250 CFX

I decided to sell the 250 CFX

I am going Oxy, it looks. I may be new to Helis but i know quality when i see it.

I hate the 320H motor with a passion only my brother Elmer Fudd might understand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in