Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > AccuRC Flight Sim

AccuRC Flight Sim AccuRC Flight Sim Discussion

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New User

I've been using and generally happy with RF for around 10 years. I never did care for the physics of Pheonix at all. I recently decided to give ACCURC a try.

I downloaded and setup an account on Steam, then purchased ACCURC through their client. The next morning I had an email with a verification code so used it to download ACCURC. The download was easy.

I currently have both an interlink Elite and an X that I use for various versions of RF. I do not use a real TX because the amount of siming that I do puts noticeable wear and tear on my gimbals.

Initially I was having problems with stick centers giving me continuous rolling and pirouetting with no stick input. I saw the stick centers were not reading zero even after calibrating in the sim. Thats when I went online and discovered how to calibrate the USB game controllers. Initially my X had no option to calibrate in the JOY.CPL window which confused the hell out of me. I then tried the elite controller and was able to calibrate it. I had to delete the X controller from windows then re-plug it in and let windows discover and load the software. This restored calibration functionality for my X. It took me a couple tries to get an accurate calibration, I think because of the cryptic labeling of the axis in JOY.CPL? Anyway the interlinks seem to be working well for now, not perfect however because I still occasionally see a piro rotation show up, ususally with changing head speeds. I never had this issue with RF but I suspect it's an artifact of the the low quality gimbals used in the RF controllers. RF likely has a wider dead band to combat this.

I discovered during these challenges that the trims in the RF controllers don't seem to be active in ACCURC. I know your not supposed to trim a flight controller but was just trying to get the model to stop rotating when I discovered this.

For now ACCURC seems to be working OK. I think the physics are pretty good. I'm nowhere near as comfortable with it as I am on RF but that is most likely just from having used RF for so long.

Is there a STYLE adjustment hidden in the sim somewhere?
Steve Graham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2018, 11:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback, we have an idea where the drift is coming from. We're looking into pushing a small patch soon, so stay tuned for that.

We sadly can't use the Interlinks' trims as they're not seen as joystick buttons by Windows. We can only work with what shows up in joy.cpl.

If you're thinking about VBar Style, there's no such thing in AccuRC. VBar Style is a manual adjustment for the ratio between P and D gains, which AccuRC doesn't give the user access to.

What you can do to tune the feel of your heli is to use cyclic pass through and stop dampenings to adjust the control feel to your liking.

If I had to compare the default feel of the AH720 to a VBar, I'd say it's comparable to 90ish Style with no Paddle Sim, so what most people would use anyway.
Johnny31297 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2018, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Jonas,

The amount of work you guys have put into the sim is obvious. Well done.
Johnny31297 likes this.
Old 05-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Steve! We found the issue, tail deadband is inoperative and therefore 0%. Expect a fix within the next day or two!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That sounds good. I went to play this evening and had to re-calibrate, both windows and ACCURC, my controller again to get rid of the constant tail input.

I was playing around in the workbench and went to fly again and now my sim gets stuck on the creating model screen. I periodically crashes back to windows as well. Have not been able to change models or fly for the last 20 minutes. I tried re-starting the computer but no help. I suppose the next step is to delete and re-download ACCURC. I thought there was a feature in steam that verifies and fixes corrupt files but can't seem to find that.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

right click AccuRc, properties, local files, verify integrity.
Ade_Law likes this.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2018, 07:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Wab,

I must be doing something wrong

When I right click on ACCURC and select properties I get a pop up with 5 tabs: General, Web Document, Security, Details, and Previous Versions.
I can't find anything in that sections that says local files or verify integrity?
Old 05-05-2018, 07:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the game?
Old 05-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was clicking properties from the ACCURC icon on my PC.

I found what you were talking about by opening the STEAM client, going into LIBRARY, and right clickling on ACCURC there. I asked it to verify game file integrity and it did so finding 5 files it said were bad and would be replaced.

Now when I open ACCURC it comes up and tries to load for about 5 seconds before shutting down/crashing.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm nuking it now.
Old 05-05-2018, 07:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you right click on AccuRC in steam there a few options on how to run the game, try the different options.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

After re-installing the game it simply opens the program long enough to get into the main menu, sits there loading for a few seconds then crashes out. I've tried as you suggested using the different run options to no avail. I also tried verifying the integrity of the game files again and it does not find anything wrong there.

Pretty frustrated here.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

can you drop us an email please [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Graham View Post
After re-installing the game it simply opens the program long enough to get into the main menu, sits there loading for a few seconds then crashes out. I've tried as you suggested using the different run options to no avail. I also tried verifying the integrity of the game files again and it does not find anything wrong there.

Pretty frustrated here.
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2018, 12:01 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

When it gets stocked on loading a model restart the program and change to the stock flying field, Venlo I think it is, and then try loading the model. I saw this tip from another member and it worked. Give a try.
Hovering Master is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2018, 02:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I was playing around in the workbench and went to fly again and now my sim gets stuck on the creating model screen. I periodically crashes back to windows as well. Have not been able to change models or fly for the last 20 minutes.
We just updated the sim to prevent this from happening, please give it a try
Ade_Law likes this.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went ahead and tried it again.

Opens for a few seconds into the main options screen then closes the program.

Uninstalled.

Re-installed.

Problem still exists.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I went ahead and tried it again.

Opens for a few seconds into the main options screen then closes the program.

Uninstalled.

Re-installed.

Problem still exists.
can you drop us an email [email protected] please, will get you sorted.

Ade
Ade_Law is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2018, 08:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve,

I hit the same bug that you originally mentioned. The sim gets continually stuck in the load screen. Its not enough to just uninstall and reinstall. I tried that but the bug persists. I think you may have residual data and or steam is syncing up with the cloud and pulling your old configuration back to your system and causing your crash.

Here's what you could try.

1. Before uninstalling, right click "properties" on the AccuRc application in the steam window. Then click updates and uncheck the "steam cloud" box to stop the sim synchronising and pulling back all your old data later.

2. Then again in "properties", click "Local Files", then "Browse Local Files". Make a note of your AccuRC folder. eg: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\accurc.

3. Uninstall AccuRC with steam.

4. Now delete the accurc directory.

5. Reinstall.

Hopefully this gets you working again.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:59 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah maybe should mention that we found his issue, running Steam as an Admin solved it. Permissions.
Old 05-19-2018, 02:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in